+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Remove newbie zone protections, less carebear

Default Remove newbie zone protections, less carebear

The newbie zones are already adjacent to the home cities, if people start getting ganked it won't take long for backup. Would make things more interesting and hopefully promote more open world pvp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Just because PvP is in a game, does not make it a PvP only game. As such, not everyone who plays wants to particiapte in PvP. So attempting to force them into it by removing zones they can safely quest/grind or just commiserate with their fellow players is not going to make them PvP just because they got ganked. They will either go elsewhere, login a different char/server, logout, or worse yet quit playing all together. The latter being counter-productive to building a player base, which is the bottom line for Trion. Players = Money.

On a side note, calling those people who do not wish to particiapte in PvP 'carebears' does not bolster your case in anyway. Just saying.

Or...

You could put on your Big Boy Pants and stop hanging out in pre-schools.
    Otherwise known as Morganlefae

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    Or...

Personally I would have worded it differently, but the point is also valid. Level 50 toons have no business being in the starter zones if PvP is all they are looking for.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by xeshaka View Post
    The newbie zones are already adjacent to the home cities, if people start getting ganked it won't take long for backup. Would make things more interesting and hopefully promote more open world pvp.
    you really are so bad so you arent even able to do pvp against not only same level than you, even those in zones 20+ and want to go against the level 7?
    wow, just wow.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

You know open world PvP is dead when you want to kill people 35+ levels lower than you so you can find some 50s to fight...
    Look at your post, now back to mine, now back to your post, now back to mine. Sadly, it isn't mine, but if you stopped being nonconstructive and dumb and started posting about something that makes sense, it could look like it's mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're on a page with the post your post could look like. Anything is possible when you post like me, and not like an idiot. I'm on a forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Vihar View Post
    Or...

yeah this pretty much sums up the OP's idea of PvP.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

This is why Rogues have such a bad name in so many MMO's. Those who play rogues usually love to gank and grief. I am not saying the OP engages in this behavior, although his post would indicate otherwise. But I find it so ironic that, in my experience, at least 75% of active gankers and griefers play Rogue characters.

Last edited by Lividcalm; 06-15-2011 at 09:36 AM.

I knew it, you're all carebears.
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Shield of Telara

what they need to do is remove the guards in the capital cities on PvP servers

Carebears because we think it is really stupid to kill people 35 lvls below us? Good skill man.
    Stupid People P*** Me Off

Too carebear tbh.

Anyone starting on a PvP server should be dropped into a pit in the other factions city. That factions main guy/girl should be stood on the side of the pit screaming, spewing some form of demon boars from his/her mouth at the grouped up, scared new players.

Enemy faction players can jump into and start attacking them, perhaps making a roaring noise at the same time.

After 100 deaths, they are ported out to some random location on the world map, to make their way to the starting areas.

It would sort out the proper PvP'ers from the carebears IMO.
    Last edited by Misterjingo; 06-15-2011 at 10:15 AM.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Quote Originally Posted by Ferathka View Post
    Carebears because we think it is really stupid to kill people 35 lvls below us? Good skill man.
    now you are getting it!

Ascendant

yeah, being able to actually kill a level 50 and not requiring your enemy to be a level 7 is being carebear nowadays.
    just l2p and grow a pair.
    Once known as Nix-Zero

Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

Ascendant

Play Lineage 2. If it's still the same as it was when it came out its full pvp and chance at gear drops lol.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast