+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Cleric Not Godmode, You Just Lack Diversity

Rift Disciple

Default Cleric Not Godmode, You Just Lack Diversity

Ok so currently im half way through rank 4, and im picking up all the PvP gear i possibly can while running 2 different healing specs for warfronts, and i have noticed a few things.

First off im sitting on 498 Valor which grants 19.8% dmg reduction

I run a Templar / Warden / Sentinel Build

Which depending on which of my 2 specs i run, i either have the -15% crit damage in templar and the -5% damage from protect the flock in Sentinle, OR i have -6% reduced dmg from Reinforce and -5% damage reduction from flock (( yes i keep healing flood rolling to keep flock up ))

Now i read alot and hear alot about this alledged "Godmode" Cleric and i want to point out 1 very important thing about this

If you are facerolling DPS on a healing cleric such as myself, with all the cooldowns i have, with the exception of a firemage being on me, of course i can tank 5-6 r1-3 players, and 3-4 R6s...

But most clerics run a warden spec for pvp.. Why? Because it grants the most mobility and utility, so what is my point you ask?

If you put 1, and i mean just 1 Rogue whos 44 pts deep in marksman, you can effectively shut down a warden cleric.. will you solo them? of course not, warfronts are made for group based PVP..

All you have to do is spam dispells on a healer, and put 1 decent geared or 2 moderately geared dps on them, and they will drop fairly quickly once all their cooldowns are gone..

Where are all the VK's? a VK can drain my mana bar within a few cooldowns..

Where are the healing debuffs? ever see a cleric with 2 dps on them when they do -50% healing?

To be honest, ill admit we are this supposed "Godmode" 1v1, but the problem in warfronts is people running PvE specs face rolling dps, its not the balancing issues, it really isnt...

Not to mention once you PvP enough, the opposing faction learns who to focus like myself, i have guardians who literally have macros for targeting me..

Perfect example was playing whitefall last night and having taken 420k DMG while the 2nd highest for either faction was around 120k (( i had 2 other healers with me in a premade who sat on healing me while we tried to run sourcestones ))

My point is, yes i agree in 1v1 there is alot of balance issues, but its impossible to ever get true balance 1v1 otherwise your duels / fights would always end in a tie

But as far as warfronts go, i think people need to learn to diversify alot more.

On a Side note, marksman stop spamming your AoE dmg abilitys to top dmg meters, you are more effective at single target dmg, your AoE gets outhealed by any healer chloro and bard included with minimal effort. Topping the damage charts does nothing if you cant get a kill...

On a side side note, CC needs to have its diminishing return cooldown a little lower (( remember im a healer saying this )) if you want more balance in PvP then CC needs to be more effective (( WTB the ability to push a Pyro out of ground of power anyone :-P sry hada throw sum pyro hate in there ))

anyway, feedback is welcome positive or negative so long as you read through this heaping pile of text walls

SO...

We need to spam eradicates and healing debuffs, and make sure you are being targeted by multiple R5-6s to drop you? What if there are 2, 3, 4, 5 of you?

Some healer specs I can drop easily, others are god mode. My debuff fades before I can DPS such clerics down.

Also, with pugs, you can't demand or guarantee that the required skills are availible, or that people will be organised enough to time debuffs, eradicate, stuns, dps to remove ONE healer. Hopefully the rest of the healers team will stop attacking and wait whilst we down one of their team.

Most healers I see who run a god mode spec run in 2 or 3s, making he task impossible.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Default Cleric godmode is a myth

R5 Warrior, never seen a Cleric "Godmode". I've seen a few with crazy high damage mitigation (+ self heals) but for the most part these builds can't hurt a fly. Yes if there are 2+ on the other team it does take some coordination to CC the other while you burn down one. But other than that it has not been a problem, the trade off of mitigation for damage seems to be working fine in Cleric land.

I should add, even "DPS Clerics" don't actually hit that hard, spike damage is the lowest in game,and for the most part teams hate their dps clerics so they get very little support in WFs so they die quick.
    Last edited by Godless One; 06-15-2011 at 06:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Godless One View Post
    R5 Warrior, never seen a Cleric "Godmode". I've seen a few with crazy high damage mitigation (+ self heals) but for the most part these builds can't hurt a fly. Yes if there are 2+ on the other team it does take some coordination to CC the other while you burn down one. But other than that it has not been a problem, the trade off of mitigation for damage seems to be working fine in Cleric land.

I should add, even "DPS Clerics" don't actually hit that hard, spike damage is the lowest in game,and for the most part teams hate their dps clerics so they get very little support in WFs so they die quick.
    The issue with such clerics having high mitigation is that WFs are mostly objective based. In Scion for example, theres such a cleric who will always hold the south shard, in whitefall he'll run with a couple of such clerics and take stone. You can near enough have everyone on him for the entire map and still not take him down with the cross heals. Same with the fang.
    Last edited by Misterjingo; 06-15-2011 at 07:00 AM.

Telaran

i share the same vision of the OP.

i can be shutdown by "some" MM
    i can be killed 1vs1 by "some" warriors (even with all my cds up)
    i can be killed 1vs1 by "some" SC if i dont have all my CD up
    i only was killed by one DPS cleric ever 1vs1 (but he is really good)

Note that i put it in " " the word "some" this means that this very good pvpers know their class and know how to counter a healing spec cleric (that give insame damage dont we? all the healing clerics we have zillions of killing blows) .

Yes i am R6 healing cleric and this "some" players can kill me.

sorry to break ur buble ppl ...but its not for everyone

the others have to assist each other to kill me , is the way the game is , we are healing we dont kill no one ,we need some tools to defend ourselfs, unlike others that just spaming "macro key dps" waiting for something to happen and when it doesent.....

OMG CLERIC IS OPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP (i dont fail... nevah! ) NERF ....sad
    Healing your Defiant *** in wf

If you cant tank 4/5 people dpsing you as a cleric your doing it wrong.
    every online game needs a power-house over the top class & clerics
    are it by a long stretch. to think otherwise is foolish.
    Hurry to Meet Death Before Your Place is Taken

Quote Originally Posted by Misterjingo View Post
    The issue with such clerics having high mitigation is that WFs are mostly objective based. In Scion for example, theres such a cleric who will always hold the south shard, in whitefall he'll run with a couple of such clerics and take stone. You can near enough have everyone on him for the entire map and still not take him down with the cross heals. Same with the fang.
    And how much DPS did all these Clerics do while they were healing..... hmmm seems like they were doin what they were supposed to do.

When will DPS understand Healers can DPS as much as they HPS get over it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    like i mentioned above

ever see a cleric with a marks rogue + 1 dps on them?
    ever see a cleric with a VK / Mage stomping on their mana pool?

The problem is the fact that most players faceroll DPS and dont pay attention to CC / interupts / dispells

The lack of using your class properly doesnt make Clerics the end all be all spec.

If you are focusing a cleric instead of CCing them you are doing something wrong

healing clerics dont dps, so jump on their allies and after 5-10 seconds of them stacking hots, switch to the cleric with no heals on them.

you can RAID MARK opposing healers so your team knows who to focus, step up, tell your raid leader in the warfront to mark targets, and take charge... be a leader not a follower

Pug warfront groups can successfully focus healers, ive seen it a multitude of times

Utilize your classes, diversify, instead of being just another keyboard facerolling hoping to do more damage to a player thats made to heal through damage

P.S. When i was talking about if you are focusing a healer you are doing something wrong, i meant it in the sense of trying to SOLO a healer, not in the sense of a group focusing them
    Last edited by yoshiii; 06-15-2011 at 07:18 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post

i love ppl that just come to forums to a free troll! as it is obvious with ur post!
    the op isnt saying that he cant tank 4 or 5 ppl (depend of class,rank,and rotations)

he is simply saying that ppl dont use their class how they should and dont play as a team in a team game based.

troll else were and for once let a nice cleric vision to roll normally
    Last edited by iLusionista; 06-15-2011 at 07:18 AM.
    Healing your Defiant *** in wf

We are gods in pvp. I can solo any none-healing class in the game with time..
    Last edited by Plexs; 06-15-2011 at 07:21 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by iLusionista View Post
    i love ppl that just come to forums to a free troll! as it is obvious with ur post!
    the op isnt saying that he cant tank 4 or 5 ppl (depend of class,rank,and rotations)

he is simply saying that ppl dont use their class how they should and dont play as a team in a team game based.

troll else were and for once let a nice cleric vision to roll normally
    Thank you for understanding the implications of what im saying, maybe someday we can shed some light on other players, no pun intended :-P

Quote Originally Posted by TheBidnis View Post
    And how much DPS did all these Clerics do while they were healing..... hmmm seems like they were doin what they were supposed to do.

When will DPS understand Healers can DPS as much as they HPS get over it.
    If you have 2-3 such clerics cross healing, their entire team is doing their dps. It's not like they go stand in a corner healing themselves whilst the WF goes on around them.

im sorry but a handfull of cc's in a string before it shows "immune immune" is NOT enough to kill a well geared & skilled cleric no matter the ciircumstance. this is a plain broken system where the healers determin the outcome of a battle. NOT the firepower.
    Hurry to Meet Death Before Your Place is Taken

Quote Originally Posted by Plexs View Post
    We are gods in pvp. I can solo any none-healing class in the game with time..
    non-healing**

I really hate the edit system on the forums. 5min srsly?

I am not QQ'ing. I am ok against many healers 1v1 and I'm not R6 yet. There is a godmode spec though that *is* unbalanced in an objective based PvP scenario.

Something interesting to take note of is that such clerics *know* they are OP. Watch how they run through a group and try and take a target solo. The only other class which tries this is a RS spec runner and even they at least try and do it stealthily, not run solo across the field, ignore everyone whilst spamming self heals, then go for the target. Or perhaps these people really believe they *are* that good.
    Last edited by Misterjingo; 06-15-2011 at 07:31 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast