+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Leveling

Soulwalker

Default PvP Leveling

How fast is the leveling process doing mainly war fronts (compared to aoe grinding quests)?

Is their clearly a best war front if you are trying to level or do they all grant about the same xp per hour.

(sorry - I tried search several times, really couldn't find much.)

Much much slower than questing.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

I been PVP for 2weeks averaging about 6hrs a day since lvl13 now I am at lvl36 with 104,000 favor. I do ever que comes first. I do have to some quests to finance it especially a mount in the beginning but if they do not offer any experience points I move further into the zone but if they offer enough gold I will do it. Also I do a few rifts in order to get planar charges ti use when there is an invasion sitting in the outpost and get gear. Also u will need money for soul vitality on the side in case u get "ganked", from time to time there is a rogue or assassin lurking around in gloamwood. I pretend that I do not see them before they stealth and head right towards them but there is a few that like to kill while u are killing the mob during a quest that is chicken crap to me and they usually kill me . But that is part of the game. I suppose they are doing for achievement award. Oh well. Move on.
    inverted is good

Shadowlander

lol its slower but trust me, you will not regret it when you hit 50 and have 150k favor to use to your advantage

It depends on the cluster.
    It depends on which side you play in the cluster.

I have two alts in the 30-39 bracket - one Defiant...one Guardian - same cluster. The Guardian has instant queues. The Defiant is waiting 10-20 minutes or more.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Disciple

Depends on your warfront cluster, what the queue is like. If close to instant pops, leveling via warfronts is actually pretty fast 1-40. Past 40 it slows down alot, but still doable.

Big downside to just leveling through wf's though is that you will have very little plat at 50. For gear you don't have to worry much. You have favor to buy the pvp rank stuff with. But the 110% mount you likely can't afford and you can't really buy the Scion favor mount without a long period of grinding scion rep.

What I would do is level to 50, then grind to rank 2. Which shouldn't take long, couple days depending how much you play. At rank 2 you have access to full set of gear which you should be able to buy straight away if you leveled solely from warfronts.

Then hit shimmersand, ipp and stillmore and quest grind for plat. Should be able to make 20-30 plat a day easy. With your pvp gear, it should ge pretty fast and you will have your 110% mount in a couple days.

Soulwalker

Thanks for all the tips. I'm currently 34. Ive had several people tell me to get enough pvp points to grab the 90% mount.

How much time (roughly) will it take to grind off 13000 points?

Quote Originally Posted by Xithi View Post
    Thanks for all the tips. I'm currently 34. Ive had several people tell me to get enough pvp points to grab the 90% mount.

How much time (roughly) will it take to grind off 13000 points?
    Didn't take me long. I started saving for it in the early 30's and had it before I hit 40.

Once you're in your 30's+, you'll be getting anywhere from 2%-6% of a level from a Warfront win. Depending on how fast you quest, it's likely to be a little slower. Especially since Droughtlands, Iron Pine Peak and Shimmersand are all pretty good at giving you half a dozen or more quests at a time.

Best leveling experience for me was avoiding dungeons altogether and just queuing for Warfronts and questing/doing invasions in between. Let me keep up with crafting, money and gear.

Sitting in Meridian/Sanctum and just queuing solely for Warfronts for 100% of your experience may feel great now, but when you hit 50 and realize you have another 1000 Warfronts before you're Ranked up, you'll regret burning yourself out on lowbie Warfronts.

Honestly I've found that warfronts will level you quicker than questing only if you're already 25+ levels (roughly). In the beginning levels though, just stick to questing. My level 47 will get about half a bar of experience for each warfront while it would take up to five quests to get the same amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly View Post
    Honestly I've found that warfronts will level you quicker than questing only if you're already 25+ levels (roughly). In the beginning levels though, just stick to questing. My level 47 will get about half a bar of experience for each warfront while it would take up to five quests to get the same amount.
    That's not at all what I experienced. I was getting rougly 4k experience for a Warfront win in my 40's. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    That's not at all what I experienced. I was getting rougly 4k experience for a Warfront win in my 40's. Odd.
    +1! WFs on my cluster slowed down in the 40s. The times I was forced to quest, I could grind a level in 2-3 hours questing, in wfs it was 2-3 times that.
    Playtime - p4x Guardian Rogue - Bloodiron
    Sma - p4x Guardian Mage - Bloodiron

Soulwalker

Does rested xp bonus work on pvp? If it does not I guess wf's will be slower than pve.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    Didn't take me long. I started saving for it in the early 30's and had it before I hit 40.

Once you're in your 30's+, you'll be getting anywhere from 2%-6% of a level from a Warfront win. Depending on how fast you quest, it's likely to be a little slower. Especially since Droughtlands, Iron Pine Peak and Shimmersand are all pretty good at giving you half a dozen or more quests at a time.

Best leveling experience for me was avoiding dungeons altogether and just queuing for Warfronts and questing/doing invasions in between. Let me keep up with crafting, money and gear.

Sitting in Meridian/Sanctum and just queuing solely for Warfronts for 100% of your experience may feel great now, but when you hit 50 and realize you have another 1000 Warfronts before you're Ranked up, you'll regret burning yourself out on lowbie Warfronts.
    To be honest I played alot of wf on my way to 50 with my rogue, bought the mount, bought all the rank 1 and 2 and still had 150k favor when i hit 50. I found the 40 49 wf way more fun then the level 50 ones I grind with my p6 mage.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

Rift Disciple

That I agree. The level 40-49 bracket is the most fun. You will miss it once you hit 50.

So take your time when you hit that level.

Rift Disciple

wf's takes about twice as long to level then doing quests. that said its much funner! im concidering rolling a 3rd character just for twinking hehe

i play this game purely for pvp and have 2 50's

my mage power quested to 50 and only did 1 isntance and few wf's. got to 50 really really fast. and then prestiged right away. he;s in full r4-r6 gear

on my rogue i did a LOT of wf's all the way up. was super fun. had full r1 gear when he was only 1 day old at level 50. owning face. took a lot longer but was nice to be full lvl 50 epics right away.

so in short i guess im trying to say that if ur a min maxer then level without doing many wf's. then save up for r4 weapon and a few r1 pieces and AH epics. then save the rest for r5-r6. because if u spend to much early on and plan to get to full r6 gear ur going to have a LONG LONG LONG grind. the r5 r6 pieces are just sooo expensive. whenever u buy r1-4 it's puting u back in the long run.

even if ur in r1-2 gear with the r4 weapon u'll be smashing faces reallllllly hard. best advise i can give is the second u get r4 or r6 first thing u want to do is buy the weapons. the armor pieces mostly give u defencive stuff anyways.

+ Reply to Thread