+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Dodged a bullet? 1.3 valor changes reversed

  1. #1
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    481

    Default Dodged a bullet? 1.3 valor changes reversed

    Again, thanks for the help testing today.

    As we've been known to do in the past, we're not afraid to mix things up and try crazy things every now and then. This was definitely one of those times. With that said, we're not happy with the results of the Valor changes, and will be rolling them back for 1.3.

    Increasing overall survivability is a goal we're going to continue to work towards. It's time to roll up our sleeves and spend more time focusing on individual changes to class abilities that affect PvP combat only, much like the updates you'll see coming out to the PTS environment later in the week for Pyromancers. This will be a primary focus for 1.4.

    For 1.3 we're happy with the results we're seeing with the queuing changes, and look forward to you continued feedback and support!
    check dev tracker, seriously


    This is good.

    A blanket fix wasn't going to solve anything.
    Last edited by Emprahh; 06-14-2011 at 09:42 PM.

  2. #2
    nem
    nem is offline
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    please be real

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara baph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    761

  4. #4
    Shield of Telara Krazer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Canada/B.C
    Posts
    712

    Default

    I'll throw them another 15$ now.

  5. #5
    Rift Master Horrigan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Botswana
    Posts
    442

    Default

    None of you nerds ever cancelled to begin with.

    Get real.

    "I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion."
    Basileus of The Enclave

  6. #6
    RIFT Guide Writer Milen's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,372

    Default

    Good to know. Now try not to ****-up warriors even more than they were already.
    retired

  7. #7
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    600

    Default

    Very happy with the change. Or changed change. W/e.

    Next logical step: crafted entry-level pvp sets.

  8. #8
    Rift Chaser inaliz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    346

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emprahh View Post
    check dev tracker, seriously


    This is good.

    A blanket fix wasn't going to solve anything.
    Thank god. I rather enjoy being able to kill clerics. NOW trion stop wasting time with this "Trying krazy things once in a while" and focus on the matter at hand. Increasing open world pvp gains and adding more good pvp content. Stop listening to newbies who come to the forums and make asinine suggestions. It's quite easy to tell the experienced people from the newbies with Dunning Kruger effect.

    In case you don't know what that means

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

    It will explain a lot of things in life. Read up.

  9. #9
    Champion Stratacaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    504

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    Thank god. I rather enjoy being able to kill clerics. NOW trion stop wasting time with this "Trying krazy things once in a while" and focus on the matter at hand. Increasing open world pvp gains and adding more good pvp content. Stop listening to newbies who come to the forums and make asinine suggestions. It's quite easy to tell the experienced people from the newbies with Dunning Kruger effect.

    In case you don't know what that means

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dunning...3Kruger_effect

    It will explain a lot of things in life. Read up.
    Stunned. After reading that definition it's like all the planets were aligned and the world makes sense again. It's like some psychologist read these forums all day long and made a definition for the people they see in it. Absolutely stunning thank you.

    It's always interesting how the players I know are good never say that they are good, and those that say they are good wind up making fools on themselves on the forums and have no idea everyone is laughing at them.
    Last edited by Stratacaster; 06-15-2011 at 08:02 AM.

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara Znick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    690

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Horrigan View Post
    None of you nerds ever cancelled to begin with.

    Get real.
    LOL.... this.

    Z

    The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

  11. #11
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  12. #12
    Ascendant Original_Hellfire's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    In your mom's bed
    Posts
    2,525

    Default

    I know it saved my sub (was going to check out changes then rage lol)

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    215

    Default

    Totally disappointed with this. I run in premades and win way more then I lose but the spike damage in this game is a joke and one and two shots and insta deaths are way too commonplace. This game makes the spike in Warhammer look reasonable. Seriously how can you have a game were the average health is like 4-5k and some people can do that much damge in a blink of an eye fairly easily due to ridiculous crits? The answer to the valor changes not working as well as planned is not to let the ttk remain sky high while you think about another way to do things. Total cop out. This game needs some kind of global damage reduction period end of story. Anybody can kill any cleric with a heal debuff and a few dps assisting Im tired of you rambo bads and your crying.
    Last edited by Kwll73; 06-15-2011 at 12:43 PM.

  14. #14
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default Re: Spike Damage

    No offence intended but keep at it and get some valor gear, i'm only sporting the T1/2 pvp gear which I saved for whilst pvp leveling. Playing as a rogue i'm familiar with falling flat on my face. But this is what CD's are for, and why squishy classes are squishy. If you still aren't happy, reroll cleric, you will forget what spike damage looks like!!!


  15. #15
    Soulwalker Amognis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Renfield1 View Post
    No offence intended but keep at it and get some valor gear, i'm only sporting the T1/2 pvp gear which I saved for whilst pvp leveling. Playing as a rogue i'm familiar with falling flat on my face. But this is what CD's are for, and why squishy classes are squishy. If you still aren't happy, reroll cleric, you will forget what spike damage looks like!!!

    People always make these blanket statements that aren't true of clerics until they actually get some pvp gear. My cleric is just shy of rank 5 and can easily die from 2 dps that know what they are doing.. The only time I can tank 3-4 people is if they are total scrubs just mashing their damage macros.

    I'm hardly bad either, i have top heals damn near every single warfront.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts