+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Why so out of balanced in WF at 50

Soulwalker

Default Why so out of balanced in WF at 50

WTF is the deal with WF at 50? Defiant dominates every single one of them. Talk about making people want to quit, this is a fast way at 50. Prior to 50 I really enjoyed WF with equal win/loss ratios.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by mtbsean View Post
    WTF is the deal with WF at 50? Defiant dominates every single one of them. Talk about making people want to quit, this is a fast way at 50. Prior to 50 I really enjoyed WF with equal win/loss ratios.
    It's mainly because of the ranks. They have all players from fresh 50 rank 1 to rank 6 which is kinda ridiculous.

That's the main reason why it's unbalanced. Level 50 and then ranks with the gear is a big step compared to levels 40-49 or 30-39..

But you're right, I enjoyed warfronts before level 50, especially in the 40-49 bracket. To be honest, sometimes I wish I could turn of XP and stay in that bracket. Things felt more coordinated and balance but that's my view.

All I can say is get some PvP gear and you will start to slowly notice it leveling out.

Its all about the cluster you are on.... on mine Guardian is the one dominating atm.

"Eradicating your buffs since May 11th 2011"

Rift Disciple

Since they are improving matchmaking in 1.3 i hope this shouldnt be a big problem anymore if they do it right.

Do you understand that you're post makes absolutely no sense? There is no difference between defiant and guardians in pvp except races. The defiants you're playing against are just more organized. SO pay attention and see things for what they really are, get a good group together and own face.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    Do you understand that you're post makes absolutely no sense? There is no difference between defiant and guardians in pvp except races. The defiants you're playing against are just more organized. SO pay attention and see things for what they really are, get a good group together and own face.
    wrong, absolutly wrong.

In my shard the guardians win 8 of 10 matches. In other shards the defiants dominate. Why? There is a simple reason.

Take the very first pvp game on your shard. The guardians win this game. Now they have an advantage because they got more honor and more favour. Now, the second game, the guardians win (because of their little advantage)

If you multiply this 10000 times, then the one race will mostly win the battle grounds, because their advantage in gear is superior.

Naturally new players will join their ranks, thats why sometimes the opposing team wins a game. And also it depends on how many hardcore pvp people are playing and what time and so on.

But in general, the gear advantage for one race, in one shard canīt be ignored.

I hope I explained the theory good enough to understand, my english is not the best ^^

bevor 1.2 patch, the difference in honor for winning and losing was much higher, which has widen the gap between the fractions.
    now, since they mixed the shards, it is more balanced (I only speek for EU)
    Last edited by Z3RO; 06-15-2011 at 02:07 AM.

Maybe in a completely random PuG this may be somewhat true but it's not. People win warfronts because they are either more experienced at pvp, have a better group comp or are an organized premade. Take this from a prestige 6 player who has been pvping in mmorpgs for almost 10 years. If I run my organized premade in a warfront we win 95% of the time valor or no valor.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    Maybe in a completely random PuG this may be somewhat true but it's not. People win warfronts because they are either more experienced at pvp, have a better group comp or are an organized premade. Take this from a prestige 6 player who has been pvping in mmorpgs for almost 10 years. If I run my organized premade in a warfront we win 95% of the time valor or no valor.
    yeah, thatīs maybe true, but organized premades are pretty rare. We talk about the complains from about 90% of the game which run random groups. There is nothing like taktik, or pvp knowledge. I see almost 80% of the people backpaddling their way to death, while a warrior shreeds the MM to tears. No kiting, no side stafing.

We talk about the mass of people, and there my theory hits the spot I think. If you take the same base of player skill, the gear is the deciding point where warfronts are won and lose. It is not the composition of DD to healer, or supporter. It is pure gear.

Thatīs the reason why in some shards the opposing side win contantly. Because they have better geared people.

But this is a very complex spiral .. where many points are important, and a lot of issues have their place.

The win balance is cyclical. You may have noticed this in your pre 50 WF's. A certain bracket would win while they had the highest amount of top leveled players, but then they would level out of that bracket and the other side would win. The same is true for 50 only the swing takes longer. When people max their PvP gear they play less and start working up their alts.

WF's are a team sport and not a solo sport, coordination and leadership are king. In 50's WF's solo mentality won't cut it anymore, you have to play together to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Z3RO View Post
    wrong, absolutly wrong.

In my shard the guardians win 8 of 10 matches. In other shards the defiants dominate. Why? There is a simple reason.

Take the very first pvp game on your shard. The guardians win this game. Now they have an advantage because they got more honor and more favour. Now, the second game, the guardians win (because of their little advantage)

If you multiply this 10000 times, then the one race will mostly win the battle grounds, because their advantage in gear is superior.

Naturally new players will join their ranks, thats why sometimes the opposing team wins a game. And also it depends on how many hardcore pvp people are playing and what time and so on.

I hope I explained the theory good enough to understand, my english is not the best ^^

bevor 1.2 patch, the difference in honor for winning and losing was much higher, which has widen the gap between the fractions.
    lol, take off the tinfoil hat
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

wrong, absolutly wrong.

That might be true if that first game actually gave you an advantage. I dont know about you, but I haven't been able to buy a piece of PvP gear from only one win at any level.

Soulwalker

wrong, absolutly wrong.

One game isn't going to make or break anyone with Favor. One game doesn't automatically give you any advantage in the next unless you're lucky/unlucky enough to be grouped with the same people (a la premade).

Now if you would say 10-15, maybe even 15-20 games of constantly winning, then yes, there's a difference since by then, you can actually buy a piece of PvP gear. 10 people all queue up with 1 piece each against 10 people not geared at all equals a slight advantage. Notice 'slight.'

Nearly every game one or both sides is going to have people queuing together. So it's really not a black and white pre-made vs PUG. But some will be geared, organized, and get the others organized.

If you're not geared, not queuing with friends, etc. Yes, you will lose many more than half. It's not due to server imbalance.

+ Reply to Thread