+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: The Worst Players In Pvp Are ......... Dpsers !!!!

Default The Worst Players In Pvp Are ......... Dpsers !!!!

First, I'm almost rank 5 , 60k prestige to , I use 3 different healing specs depending on the wf and the group ,

I heal because healing is the best stuff i do

The main problem of Dpsers:

They have 0 Recognition for their healers, Then they blame them,
    The thing is: I top 70% of all wfs I do, (Including cleanses and shields a lot) I dont heal for the board, I heal for people to stay alive,

But the thing is, Dpsers ,

Cant dps for **** in most case
    Cant even stay in LOS with their healers
    Just run away and chase everything, (I run so much after ******s) ,
    Most of the time, Back off, Instead of applying pressure,
    Because they are too scared to die, Then guess who appears on front line if the dpsers flees? ( Healers )
    Then guess what happens if you lose your healers, You die, Then, You lose advantage

Just a little advice: If you are receiving heals (Dpsers), WOuld be a great idea to identify your healers, And try to play with Los and range to your advantage ^^

Just a little trick,

I would have countless reasons to stop healin, But the healers are the reasons we win some games

To Resume : Healers makes you win games
    Dpsers makes you lose games
    Support usually always help toward winning games
    Tanks even help wining games ^^

See the problem..

Sincerely, Exxy

I want the opinions of other well ranked healers in pvp?
    Dpsers never ever defend me,
    Dpsers never thinks about objectives (in general) they only want to "Kill" other faction
    Dpsers dont even play to win

)

Without a DPS you wont kill anything, so they are as helpful as any healer. On the contrary, there are many "bad" healers, but that doesnt give me the right to say that "bad" healers makes you lose games. It's all based on team effort, and targetting one group (DPSers) is a flawed statement, and will only bring hate. It all comes down to the individual that is behind the keyboard/mouse, not the class. A "bad" player will always contribute less, no matter how OP or weak his class is in the current patch.
    Bloodiron - Ayronamic

Prophet of Telara

What's with Clerics thinking that their **** don't stink? You heal, we dps. Nothing gets done without both. There are people who are bad at both and people who are good at both. I'm the only one doing objectives in most of the WF's I'm in, and as a mere mortal. The only real reason Clerics do/try to do objectives is because they can reliably tank multiples at a time, while everyone else's ability to do so has been nerfed. Back when Rogues could do so like Clerics can now, you saw them doing it constantly. It wasn't the result of a good, or dedicated player, but the result of OP mechanics.
    Last edited by Calo; 06-14-2011 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post
    First, I'm almost rank 5 , 60k prestige to , I use 3 different healing specs depending on the wf and the group ,

The thing is: I top 70% of all wfs I do, (Including cleanses and shields a lot) I dont heal for the board, I heal for people to stay alive,

Because they are too scared to die, Then guess who appears on front line if the dpsers flees? ( Healers )
    Then guess what happens if you lose your healers, You die, Then, You lose advantage

Just a little advice: If you are receiving heals (Dpsers), WOuld be a great idea to identify your healers, And try to play with Los and range to your advantage ^^

Just a little trick,

I would have countless reasons to stop healin, But the healers are the reasons we win some games

See the problem..

Sincerely, Exxy

Dpsers never thinks about objectives (in general) they only want to "Kill" other faction

)
    You are correct.
    Abovethelaw - Rank 90 Cleric, Faeblight Guardian
    Glenfiddich - Rank 7x Warrior
    Belowthelaw - Rank 7x Rogue

Pretty bold (and incorrect) of the OP to say that DPS'ers are the bad players.

DPS is the reverse of healing. Our job is to make it impossible for your enemy counterparts to do their job. We usually cannot do this without good healing support.

If we have that healer on the ropes and they run around the corner, we are supposed to let them go and heal/recharge to full? No, we pressure them and take them out of the fight. If they jump off the bridge and take themselves out of the fight, then it would be foolish to follow, as we just did our job.

Both DPS and Healers need to communicate their intentions once in awhile to each other. Sometimes, I charge into a pack of Defiant thinking I am not targeted by any healer and I fight accordingly. I would change tactics if I knew I had a dedicated healer keeping me up.

Healers- Tell the DPS you are targeting them. DPS- If you are receiving heals, keep that in mind as you chase the headless chicken that is a Cleric all around trying to srop him.

Quote Originally Posted by Aleck0 View Post
    You are correct.
    Nothing more need to be said,

First if you are a dps, this thread is not for you, Cant you read?

We lose sometimes even with keeping everyone alive

^^ Its kinda funny how you guys react, Then you will be the first one to complains there's not enough healers, Yet you treat your healers like crap, Good Game

And so far, I'm always looking at board, and the category defiants sucks atm , is seriously the dps,

Sorry if it hurts your feeling, But you have to assume, THat you guys only think about 1 thing,

Kill Guardians, Nothing else,

Exxy

More and more I'm convinced healers are worthless attention ******,, as bad a girl gamers tbh.
    Here is the inside scoop big nerd: DPS cannot protect you from you being terrible. If DPS is falling back it's because you're not healing enough. If you're stuck on the front line of a fight it's because you didn't move when the DPS moved. If a DPS is pressuring a healer and he goes out of LOS it's your fault for not identifying the situation and following him.
    You are support. Play supportive.

(Gear)

Plane Touched Almaria SideSwipe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Exxyy View Post

Just a little trick,

See the problem..

Sincerely, Exxy

)
    Bingo Bango.

Bard hear and I love you clerics that heal. I do what I can to help.

SideSwipe

I think people overthink things. Kill the dude with the big glowing pillar over his head. Cap the objective.

If you're a healer, your main focus is keeping everyone on your side bubbled, keeping your flag runner cleansed then healed.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Adnoz View Post
    More and more I'm convinced healers are worthless attention ******,, as bad a girl gamers tbh.
    Here is the inside scoop big nerd: DPS cannot protect you from you being terrible. If DPS is falling back it's because you're not healing enough. If you're stuck on the front line of a fight it's because you didn't move when the DPS moved. If a DPS is pressuring a healer and he goes out of LOS it's your fault for not identifying the situation and following him.
    You are support. Play supportive.
    Healers are support... for the TEAM, not the ****** that decided to run off in a corner by himself after god knows what.

I really wish people would understand that a healer is not there to support YOU.

A good healer will try to keep you alive, but he needs your help to do that. Our "game world" is a bunch of little green bars. If we spend all our time trying to figure out which one of the 10+ little green bars is where and what they're doing and is it useful enough I should make sure not to lose LoS, YOU DIE, or the other guy dies.

Rift does not lend itself well to clicking a green bar and just "knowing" where the guy is and how we have to move to reestablish LoS if it gets broken. Sure it's possible sometimes, other times it isn't. Sometimes we move, establish LoS, and the dumbass DPS MOVE AGAIN!

So I chase that one guy who LoS'ed the entire team just to heal him because he's chasing a healer, and suddenly a crisis happens with the other 8+ "little green bars" and "OH CRAP!! I'm LoS'ed from them and can't respond in the .02 seconds I have to respond before people start dying.

/end rant
    My hybrid just kicked your ***, how sad are you?

Plane Walker

It's a bit more complicated than it seems to OP.

Regarding healers:
    • The UI makes it easier and faster to focus heal on somebody compared to the coordination required to focus kill.
    • There aren't many average healers in the warfronts. They are either new/bad or great. The whole package deal that it is to be a healer makes player play good or they quit and revert to something easier. People don't complain about bad healers because they are invisible to them. The great ones are hard to miss though.
    Regarding dps:
    • Most dps design their builds to handle general situations and not to be specific counters to other builds. That's because most people run in random groups.
    • The hardest thing for a dps is to know when to pursuit a target and when to disengage. It requires battlefield awareness and a lot of people do not possess it. It's very easy to tunnel vision into your current target and ignore your surroundings.
    • Following the above point, a good portion of dps with high damage and low survivability do not disengage when focused, thus die unnecessarily.
    • It's a lot easier for a dpser to remain at average quality, satisfied with the occasional kill and not improve above that. A lot of people are locked in the mentality of kill a target, die in the process, repeat.

Overall I would say that the quality of a dpser is getting higher with better gear and some minimal battlefield awareness. A healer however is getting better with high battlefield awareness and some minimal gear upgrades. Also due to the nature of the game, it's a lot easier to find a good healer, no matter how rare they are, than good dpsers.
    The thing is, there is so much a good healer can do before they run out of tricks and the team starts to fold. It is the quality of the dpsers that decide the outcome of the game, if only because on most occasions the quality of the healers is generally high.

/facepalm

Your in-game nonsense has now spread to the forums?

All you do is b*tch and troll in game. You're one of those players who thinks you're god and the other 19 ppl are idiots.

Just **** already.

Rift Master

There is bad healers and bad dps.. Actually id say about 85% of the players I've encountered are bad. There's generally more dps than healers, so obviously there's going to be more bad dps. Although I totally agree with one of the other posters, great dps with decent heals > great heals with decent dps.
    I play a rank 6 cleric healer, and working on leveling a warrior. I certainly see plenty of bad healers, and I always make sure I have los of healer and don't overextend. I try not to complain though, and praise the healers when they do a good job.

Soulwalker

I'm sorry, but what a pile of sh*t.

That's the problem with healing, it's so high, especially at end game that clerics think they're awesome.

Just because it's easier to heal a bunch of team players solely by bunny hopping and just spamming numbers on health bars, than it is to actually co-ordinate CC and strategic damage towards players or clerics on the other team which are recieving a huge amount of unadulterated healing, doesn't mean the dps is terrible and you are god at this game.

Yesterday we was in a WF, we were trying to kill a rank 6 cleric and he was just bunny hopping healing himself. There was 3 of us, i even had a healing debuff on him but he wouldn't go down. He constantly called us ****'s and other flavorful names. Does that make us bad? No, not at all, it goes to show your job is a LOT more unbalanced than ours.

Get your head out of your arse, if healing wasn't so overpowered in this game, i bet you would sing a different tune.

Quote Originally Posted by Depee View Post
    I'm sorry, but what a pile of sh*t.

That's the problem with healing, it's so high, especially at end game that clerics think they're awesome.

Just because it's easier to heal a bunch of team players solely by bunny hopping and just spamming numbers on health bars, than it is to actually co-ordinate CC and strategic damage towards players or clerics on the other team which are recieving a huge amount of unadulterated healing, doesn't mean the dps is terrible and you are god at this game.
    Actually, the dps is terrible, I've put out more pressure as a Shaman than the average rogue can muster... And I have no healing debuff in ANY spec, and my purge and interrupt have obscene cooldowns.

Yesterday we was in a WF, we were trying to kill a rank 6 cleric and he was just bunny hopping healing himself. There was 3 of us, i even had a healing debuff on him but he wouldn't go down. He constantly called us ****'s and other flavorful names. Does that make us bad? No, not at all, it goes to show your job is a LOT more unbalanced than ours.
    Then learn to dps. A single good marksman can put down a healer. Any 2 decent dps can easily crush a healer. Try putting pvp skills on your bar.

Get your head out of your arse, if healing wasn't so overpowered in this game, i bet you would sing a different tune.
    Healing is only overpowered because of people like you that can't comprehend basic burst damage functions. IE 95% of the player base. Then there's those 3 good dps who when put together mysteriously crush entire groups, premades, regardless of the number of heals.

Go figure, just today I was running with a marksman, and crushed 10 people, 2 of whom were cleric healers. They were bad at healing, like everyone else is bad at DPS.
    'You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.'
    Why does every person that thinks they can theorycraft Cleric never understand simple math?
    If you don't know who I am, you probably don't care, so I won't bother you with a character profile.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 15 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast