+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 35

Thread: How to Stop a 1.3 Chrolomancer

  1. #1
    Rift Master
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    622

    Default How to Stop a 1.3 Chrolomancer

    Anyone know how to stop a Chrolomancer in 1.3 without purge??


    * New Ability: Lifebound Veil - Causes Life damage dealt by the Mage to heal up to 5 allies within 20 meters for 15% of the damage done for 1 hour. All other spell damage dealt by the Mage heals allies for 5% of the damage done. Spells that damage more than one target have healing generated by Lifebound Veil reduced by 80%. Life based damage over time effects heal allies for 25% of the damage done by the first damaging tick of the effect. The Mage cannot receive healing from other Lifebound Veil or Lifegiving Veil effects while affected by this buff. Does not trigger a global cooldown. Cannot be purged. This is obtained after spending 11 points in the Chloromancer soul.

    * Lifegiving Veil: Increased the base single-target Life damage to Healing conversion to 80%. This now shares a 10 second cooldown with Synthesis and Lifebound Veil. This can no longer be purged.


    Besides killing them, how do you stop them from healing? There heals are like Bards, automatic?

    Source
    Last edited by AvdielZion; 06-14-2011 at 01:36 PM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    is it necessary to have a way of stopping them from healing without killing them?

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Rizz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    437

    Default

    Like you stop any healer. Silence.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    Anyone know how to stop a Chrolomancer in 1.3 without purge??


    * New Ability: Lifebound Veil - Causes Life damage dealt by the Mage to heal up to 5 allies within 20 meters for 15% of the damage done for 1 hour. All other spell damage dealt by the Mage heals allies for 5% of the damage done. Spells that damage more than one target have healing generated by Lifebound Veil reduced by 80%. Life based damage over time effects heal allies for 25% of the damage done by the first damaging tick of the effect. The Mage cannot receive healing from other Lifebound Veil or Lifegiving Veil effects while affected by this buff. Does not trigger a global cooldown. Cannot be purged. This is obtained after spending 11 points in the Chloromancer soul.

    * Lifegiving Veil: Increased the base single-target Life damage to Healing conversion to 80%. This now shares a 10 second cooldown with Synthesis and Lifebound Veil. This can no longer be purged.


    Besides killing them, how do you stop them from healing? There heals are like Bards, automatic?

    Source
    You shouldn't be STOPPING them period, in the regards of purging them. The current 15 second recast was absolutely stupid. Purge should be there to remove things like HoTs, Wards, enhancement buffs, but not key class abilities.
    Last edited by Visions; 06-14-2011 at 01:39 PM.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  5. #5
    General of Telara Sarathor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Imagination Land
    Posts
    948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AvdielZion View Post
    Anyone know how to stop a Chrolomancer in 1.3 without purge??


    * New Ability: Lifebound Veil - Causes Life damage dealt by the Mage to heal up to 5 allies within 20 meters for 15% of the damage done for 1 hour. All other spell damage dealt by the Mage heals allies for 5% of the damage done. Spells that damage more than one target have healing generated by Lifebound Veil reduced by 80%. Life based damage over time effects heal allies for 25% of the damage done by the first damaging tick of the effect. The Mage cannot receive healing from other Lifebound Veil or Lifegiving Veil effects while affected by this buff. Does not trigger a global cooldown. Cannot be purged. This is obtained after spending 11 points in the Chloromancer soul.

    * Lifegiving Veil: Increased the base single-target Life damage to Healing conversion to 80%. This now shares a 10 second cooldown with Synthesis and Lifebound Veil. This can no longer be purged.


    Besides killing them, how do you stop them from healing? There heals are like Bards, automatic?

    Source
    You stop them the same way you stop cleric healers now. God forbid someone has to know set up a kill against a chloromancer.

    Sarathor@Byriel Rank 7 Defiant Mage - retired
    Bonqueequee@Byriel Rank 1 Guardian Rogue

  6. #6
    Sez
    Sez is offline
    Ascendant Sez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,142

    Default

    Silence

    Stun

    Interupt

    Magic Resistance (Spell turn, Void Knight)

    Heal Reducer

    Play better

    However, why is "killing them" not enough of an option?
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

    - Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

  7. #7
    Ascendant Stigas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    Silence

    Stun

    Interupt

    Magic Resistance (Spell turn, Void Knight)

    Heal Reducer

    Play better

    However, why is "killing them" not enough of an option?
    Sez's FIST PUMP OF TRUTH critically hits thread for 8999 (2 overkill).

  8. #8
    Rift Master Himora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    You shouldn't be STOPPING them period, in the regards of purging them. The current 15 second recast was absolutely stupid. Purge should be there to remove things like HoTs, Wards, enhancement buffs, but not key class abilities.
    Agreed noone should be able to stop them. the cleric godly pedestal has enough space on it for two.
    Hurry to Meet Death Before Your Place is Taken

  9. #9
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    Agreed noone should be able to stop them. the cleric godly pedestal has enough space on it for two.
    Now you're saying Chloromancers are Godly?


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  10. #10
    Rift Master Himora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Now you're saying Chloromancers are Godly?
    not yet, but with the crit reduction with vallor coming healers are going to be even more extreme to try take down.
    Hurry to Meet Death Before Your Place is Taken

  11. #11
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Himora View Post
    not yet, but with the crit reduction with vallor coming healers are going to be even more extreme to try take down.
    The Chloromancer on test right now, at 51 points barely heals better than the 32 Chloromancer hybrids on live today. They're getting nerfed by a lot, enough that if it was happening to your class, you probably would quit.

    And no, Clerics are not going to be Godly, I was on test with a 51 Point Dominator, draining them of all power in 5 seconds, and killing them in 7-9 seconds. Will they be tougher to kill under some circumstance? Yes, but shouldn't you have to fight for your kills? I know you don't want to fight, you want to hit 1,2,3 and kill someone without having to put any thought, or effort into it, but that isn't realistic, or fun for most of the player base.
    Last edited by Visions; 06-14-2011 at 02:14 PM.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,177

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    The Chloromancer on test right now, at 51 points barely heals better than the 32 Chloromancer hybrids on live today. They're getting nerfed by a lot, enough that if it was happening to your class, you probably would quit.

    And no, Clerics are not going to be Godly, I was on test with a 51 Point Dominator, draining them of all power in 5 seconds, and killing them in 7-9 seconds. Will they be tougher to kill under some circumstance? Yes, but shouldn't you have to fight for your kills? I know you don't want to fight, you want to hit 1,2,3 and kill someone without having to put any thought, or effort into it, but that isn't realistic, or fun for most of the player base.
    The "barely heals better than 32 chloro hybrids on live today" only applies in PvE..... the casted heal is a huge change for the strength of chloros in PvP.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Seether View Post
    The "barely heals better than 32 chloro hybrids on live today" only applies in PvE..... the casted heal is a huge change for the strength of chloros in PvP.
    You don't get the casted heal until 51 points though, so unless you're a full Chloro, you've been nerfed quite a bit in PvP. Even the full Chloro, with the valor changes is going to experience a substantial nerf.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  14. #14
    Ascendant Stigas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    You don't get the casted heal until 51 points though, so unless you're a full Chloro, you've been nerfed quite a bit in PvP. Even the full Chloro, with the valor changes is going to experience a substantial nerf.
    Felt pretty good on PTS today in Black Garden. The Valor change is definitely stupid, but I don't see any reason not to go 51/10/5 Chloro/Lock/AM for PvP. It has a surprisingly nice flow.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,083

    Default

    bar a lucky OPP proc, a 2.5 sec cast its so easy to pushback and then interrupt that if anybody isnt capable to do it is really his fault...
    Once known as Nix-Zero


    Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.
    Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts