+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Proposed fix for 1.3 invincible clerics

Default Proposed fix for 1.3 invincible clerics

Make healing debuffs like Lingering Wounds and Fell Blades put an outgoing heal debuff of 25-50% in addition to the incoming heal debuff if the valor changes are going to stay. This would substantially reduce cleric self healing with multiple dps on them and actually make protecting the cleric an issue instead of letting them run wild as the single best pvp tank there is. Right now clerics are wading into ten odd players while simultaneously keeping half a raid up without even batting an eye - this would put them more in-line as the support role that they were intended to be.

Instead of nerfing the class and hindering them from a pve standpoint, giving the players additional tools to deal with them (such as the above) would be the best course of action.

Prophet of Telara

You're an idiot

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sugata View Post
    Make healing debuffs like Lingering Wounds and Fell Blades put an outgoing heal debuff of 25-50% in addition to the incoming heal debuff if the valor changes are going to stay. This would substantially reduce cleric self healing with multiple dps on them and actually make protecting the cleric an issue instead of letting them run wild as the single best pvp tank there is. Right now clerics are wading into ten odd players while simultaneously keeping half a raid up without even batting an eye - this would put them more in-line as the support role that they were intended to be.

Instead of nerfing the class and hindering them from a pve standpoint, giving the players additional tools to deal with them (such as the above) would be the best course of action.
    I think alot of people are exagerating on how hard it is to kill a heal speced cleric, not a tank speced one. All it really takes to kill me is one decent champion with lingering wounds or a fell blades speced rogue...

My team drops clerics like flies all the time, the problem is pugs don't focus fire.

Don't blame the mechanics for inability to kill clerics, blame the players for refusing to play as a team...

Have you tried fighting a cleric on PTS with the new valor changes?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sugata View Post
    Have you tried fighting a cleric on PTS with the new valor changes?
    This isn't like they were before the Templar tree nerf, stop blowing it out of proportion.

Mages have 75% healing debuff, warriors and rogues have 50%.

You already have to the tools available if you choose to not use them and work as a team its not the games fault.

My cleric is nearly full P4 over 600 valor and all it takes to drop me is one good dps who knows how and when to purge or silence.

Also eradicate spamming MMs obliterate me.

Pyros.

A good Sin can drop me like trash.

A good warrior.

Pretty much anything that's geared and knows how to play can 1v1 me, sure sometimes depending on situation it can take some time and setup.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 06-14-2011 at 03:49 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    I think alot of people are exagerating on how hard it is to kill a heal speced cleric, not a tank speced one. All it really takes to kill me is one decent champion with lingering wounds or a fell blades speced rogue...

My team drops clerics like flies all the time, the problem is pugs don't focus fire.

Don't blame the mechanics for inability to kill clerics, blame the players for refusing to play as a team...
    I agree. People are way overblowing it. I suspect if those complaining actually played a ranked cleric with a healing spec, they would find themselves dying a lot.

Rank 6 Pyro can burst down a Rank 6 Cleric, and there is nothing the cleric can do about it.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Quote Originally Posted by Sorovos View Post
    Rank 6 Pyro can burst down a Rank 6 Cleric, and there is nothing the cleric can do about it.
    This... although after 1.3 it may take 11 seconds instead of 7. Hardly worth getting your panties in a bunch over.

If you're not level 6, level up. They earned it, you can too... and don't give me this poo poo that "defiants are all level 6, none of us are".

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Znick View Post
    If you're not level 6, level up. They earned it, you can too... and don't give me this poo poo that "defiants are all level 6, none of us are".
    Z
    Might be better termed as "They obtained it" A great deal of the early rank 6's DID NOT earn it (unless you count people just sitting afk in warfronts for days at a time farming prestige.
    "Power is neccessary because conflict will never dissappear"

Rift Chaser

overload lol

Rift Chaser

Am I the only one that thinks those rare games where neither side has a single healer, nor a single person willing to change roles to a healer mid game....to be the most fun? :/

I was actually thinking about how bad the valor changes were, but I imagine they'd be a lot of fun if heals didn't exist at all.
    Last edited by Revial; 06-14-2011 at 05:55 PM.

cuz theres like never another cleric cross healing, go play pts, it's not anywhere near it is now unless you see a lot of black gardens with 10 kills total between both sides.
    Last edited by Rottweiler-STi; 06-14-2011 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    cuz theres like never another cleric cross healing, go play pts, it's not anywhere near it is now unless you see a lot of black gardens with 10 kills total between both sides.
    You can cross heal all you want, You're not living through Pyro Burst who dumps on ya.. even after patch.
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

+ Reply to Thread