+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP Premades even possible?

Telaran

Default PvP Premades even possible?

I know you can fun a 5 man group premade but is there anyway to run a full WF premade? My guild is starting to get enough players interested in PvP premades that we are eager to figure out a way. Is there any way at all?

Champion of Telara

You can try to time your group queues. It doesn't always work, but sometimes you get lucky.

There is no guaranteed way to do this .

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Strykz View Post
    I know you can fun a 5 man group premade but is there anyway to run a full WF premade? My guild is starting to get enough players interested in PvP premades that we are eager to figure out a way. Is there any way at all?
    Lol honestly what would be the point? 5 good players working together on vent can easily beat 15 pug players 90% of the time atleast. More people to slap on the butt in vent congradulateing each other i guess.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Nashton View Post
    Lol honestly what would be the point? 5 good players working together on vent can easily beat 15 pug players 90% of the time atleast. More people to slap on the butt in vent congradulateing each other i guess.
    Or you know, people that actually have friends enjoy playing games with them.

CRAZY CONCEPT.

Quote Originally Posted by Snyrf View Post
    Or you know, people that actually have friends enjoy playing games with them.

CRAZY CONCEPT.
    QFT. Logging in and playing with friends is much more fun than anonymous pugging. Communicating with your teammates makes for a better match, but also it's more fun - I log in to play with other people, not by myself. IMO, Trion should encourage premades. Even if its not all your friends, making premades in chat with other people on your server with the intention that you'll all get on vent or something. Random queueing should be a last resort - encourage players to be social and work together. MMOs are so much better that way.
    Last edited by Leiloni; 06-14-2011 at 09:38 AM.

JMO, but effectively limiting premades to 5 toons (most of the time) sounds like the perfect compromise to me. You may have a great time with your 14 friends but the poor 15 slobs on the other side's PUG getting roflstomped are going to hate every minute of it, at least those 5-6 that aren't AFK favor-farming.

As Zen said, 5 good players on Vent can be very effective alone while still giving a complete PUG on the other side of the field at least a chance of not getting obliterated.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Luftwaffle View Post
    JMO, but effectively limiting premades to 5 toons (most of the time) sounds like the perfect compromise to me.
    That's assuming there are going to be more than 5-6 in the final group. I've been playing on my new, first 50 lately, and I have yet to see a group over about 7. A 5 person premade is pretty much the entire group. Perhaps the limit should be based on no more than a third of the final group, not a hard 5?

As a completely unranked toon whose player has not yet adapted to the vagaries of Rift PVP, it's really great fun... the last BG I did I was the only player who even bothered to try to engage the other side. Of course, I got about one spell off before I was flattened each time, if that. They won 500 to 8. Good times.

+ Reply to Thread