+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Codex Cleric Exploit With Video

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Default Codex Cleric Exploit With Video

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXFCbJJ-Tcg

Basically clerics can cast Circle of Oblivion from below Codex and hit the flag, thus preventing anyone from capping it and simultaneously being difficult to find and retaliate against. Its an obvious exploit and needs to be addressed.

Rift Disciple

At least it ain't a pyro casting below the Guardian graveyard and instantly killing your entire team on respawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sXFCbJJ-Tcg

Basically clerics can cast Circle of Oblivion from below Codex and hit the flag, thus preventing anyone from capping it and simultaneously being difficult to find and retaliate against. Its an obvious exploit and needs to be addressed.
    It isn't an exploit, although it is maybe bad design in this respect.

CoO is a placed skill AoE, LoS doesn't come into it. As long as it is in range and in camera view it can be placed. You can alter your alt-zoom to zoom out so you are a little speck and have full camera view.

No exploit. As you see, as soon as you enter the circle you auto target the cleric and have a direction. If they are exploiting LoS then so are you.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 06-14-2011 at 07:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by View Post
    You obviously know nothing about Laethys, have you tried him?
    I don't log in anymore.

thansk for sharing hopefully they will fix soon

RIFT Fan Site Operator Dunharrow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anuhart View Post
    If they are exploiting LoS then so are you.
    Right. I'm exploiting by being attacked and unable to attack back. Excellent logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunharrow View Post
    Right. I'm exploiting by being attacked and unable to attack back. Excellent logic.
    The logic is you aren't exploiting, and neither are they. It is how the skill works, just as you targeting them is how the auto target works.

I don't log in anymore.

I politely inform him that I disagree with his tactic. --> "Stop cheating f.aggot".
    I lol'd

On a serious note, he's not cheating.
    Last edited by Kaladai; 06-14-2011 at 07:27 AM.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

I use a similar tactic in codex and scion.

Skill seems to be a placement skill as opposed to a channeled skill so as long as its in range of whatever target (it takes wall distance into account so it its 30M ranged and the wall is 5M up, then the longest it will go is 25M, just from my observation) then it works.

If its illegal then they will change it, until then, tough titties.

And you have to be within camera view for it to work, so it is within LoS, hes not within LoS of you due to obstacles and elevation.
    Last edited by Eughe; 06-14-2011 at 07:32 AM.

Rift Chaser

It is an exploit of game mechanics.

They should change the skill to have to have a LoS to the placement of the AoE.

Quote Originally Posted by Heebs View Post
    It is an exploit of game mechanics.

They should change the skill to have to have a LoS to the placement of the AoE.
    It isn't as easy as that though. There is no target to LoS, it is placed by the mouse, the mouse doesn't correlate to eye LoS but to camera view. It would basically make any placement of the skill at all such a trial.

I don't log in anymore.

Shadowlander

Actually some placement skills have LoS check while some don't. For example, Stormcaller's Hailstorm has LoS check. If the placement location isn't in LoS of the caster, it won't let you cast. So placement LoS check is already in the game. Though I don't know whether some having LoS check while some not is intended design or not.
    Last edited by Eleinia; 06-14-2011 at 08:37 AM.

All mage and rogues AoEs require LoS to cast. Cleric AoEs do not. Mage AoEs also tick on the initial placement, allow them to "double-tap" their AoE. Cleric AoEs have a delay before they do damage.

Why each calling's AoEs are coded differently is beyond me.
    Focus@Vigil | 60 Mage
    Eluo@Vigil | 60 Cleric
    Prime SL Mage Guide
    Prime SL Cleric Guide

Quote Originally Posted by Eleinia View Post
    Actually some placement skills have LoS check while some don't. For example, Stormcaller's Hailstorm has LoS check. If the placement location isn't in LoS of the caster, it won't let you cast. So placement LoS check is already in the game. Though I don't know whether some having LoS check while some not is intended design or not.
    Interesting, didn't know that. Thanks.

Of course to complicate matters there's also LoS being full 360 on some skills.
    Last edited by Anuhart; 06-14-2011 at 08:50 AM.

I don't log in anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Scourge View Post
    All mage and rogues AoEs require LoS to cast. Cleric AoEs do not. Mage AoEs also tick on the initial placement, allow them to "double-tap" their AoE. Cleric AoEs have a delay before they do damage.

Why each calling's AoEs are coded differently is beyond me.
    Pretty sure that's not true. Guildy mage who has since quit used to love AoEing the fangholder behind their tree, while standing on the other side of the wall (ie outside the main area). Guessing Devouring Shadows was the AoE since he usually played as warlock/something.

edit: oh and I saw someone pull the bugs on the ledge after Kalieda in DSM with Devouring Shadows also. Group wanted to kill them to see if they would drop trash epics, but no one had LoS. So I'm gonna say 95% sure that DS doesn't require LoS either.
    Last edited by Stay; 06-14-2011 at 09:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Pretty sure that's not true. Guildy mage who has since quit used to love AoEing the fangholder behind their tree, while standing on the other side of the wall (ie outside the main area). Guessing Devouring Shadows was the AoE since he usually played as warlock/something.
    As long as you center the AoE in your LoS, you can cast it. I do that to people behind the tree all the time. What's being discussed here is casting AoEs where you have no LoS to any part of the circle.
    Pedia < Chronicle > @ Laethys US
    DPS Warrior Gear Spreadsheet - http://tinyurl.com/43qqmar

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast