+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Black Garden exploit?

Sword of Telara

Default Black Garden exploit?

I saw something yesterday that I've never seen before. Guardians on Gnarlwood were being trounced in the Black Garden. We were standing on the ledge and fireing down at the Defiant.

One of the Defiant was able to jump up onto the ledge, and at one point, he jumped onto the ramp you run after you first spawn. I've never seen this before. Is this an exploit or is there an ability that lets someone jump that high?

Shadowlander

Was it a warrior? Gap closer + jump maybe?

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Thundermonkey View Post
    Was it a warrior? Gap closer + jump maybe?
    Yes - a BIG warrior. I don't mind him jumping up on the ledge -you anyone can get up there by running around to the side. But him being able to get on the ramp is a problem. He could cap the spawn point.
    Last edited by Raymath; 06-14-2011 at 05:54 AM.

I report this as exploiting a cheat to the GM's.

So far none have told me that it is not a cheat and some of the reported cheaters are no longer around.

I can only presume that they were in fact cheating and their accounts were banned...
    I don't like mean people, rude people and people who are not nice.

Herp Derp : 1. An expression used when you yourself, has done somthing extremely stupid and dopey. 2. A phrase said by idiotic morons who think they are cooler then they actually are. *Dictionary definition

Quote Originally Posted by Delphya View Post

So far none have told me that it is not a cheat and some of the reported cheaters are no longer around.

I can only presume that they were in fact cheating and their accounts were banned...
    How is it a cheat to push the buttons they gave us? If you guys are too scared to come fight we fly up there and own your face. It's not cheating, just funny.

*cough* riftwalk *cough*

Thunder leap or even bull rush works.
    Last edited by Vaine; 06-14-2011 at 06:40 AM.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by DaseinNJ View Post
    How is it a cheat to push the buttons they gave us? If you guys are too scared to come fight we fly up there and own your face. It's not cheating, just funny.

Every exploit is pushing the "buttons they gave you." What defines an exploit is doing something obviously not intended by the game to gain advantage. I have a hunch it isn't intended for people to be able to reach the spawn point of the opposing team in the Black Garden, and doing so is probably an exploit. Why else would they be elevated? If you're getting around its an exploit.
    Last edited by Raymath; 06-14-2011 at 08:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raymath View Post
    I saw something yesterday that I've never seen before. Guardians on Gnarlwood were being trounced in the Black Garden. We were standing on the ledge and fireing down at the Defiant.

One of the Defiant was able to jump up onto the ledge, and at one point, he jumped onto the ramp you run after you first spawn. I've never seen this before. Is this an exploit or is there an ability that lets someone jump that high?
    What ramp? You mean the wall?

I do this in every Black Garden run... Riftwalk, Bull rush, Thunderous Leap etc.

The ledge isn't a safe spot. Hell, you can just run around the side and get up there.
    Last edited by -Swag-; 06-14-2011 at 08:30 AM.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

This is not an exploit , warriros can go up on wall but that is not a safe spot lol. You can be killed easy on the wall.

Plane Walker

The spawn points are elevated to make it difficult for most people to get to, specifically in a quantity that would allow you to literally camp their spawn.

Certain souls do however have a means of getting up there. I doubt that Trion considers this really much of an exploit though.

If your entire team can't deal with the occasional rogue or warrior coming up there to say hello, then you have already lost the match, they aren't really gaining an unfair advantage by doing so. They are more just rubbing the fact that they are kicking your team's arse in your face.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

Quote Originally Posted by RavingLunatic View Post
    The spawn points are elevated to make it difficult for most people to get to, specifically in a quantity that would allow you to literally camp their spawn.

Certain souls do however have a means of getting up there. I doubt that Trion considers this really much of an exploit though.

If your entire team can't deal with the occasional rogue or warrior coming up there to say hello, then you have already lost the match, they aren't really gaining an unfair advantage by doing so. They are more just rubbing the fact that they are kicking your team's arse in your face.
    I'd call not giving people who just respawned a chance to rebuff and orient themselves before killing them an unfair advantage. They don't even have to be winning to do it, just sneak around behind the action and gank respawns. Can easily turn the tide of a battle by cutting off re-inforcements.

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    What ramp? You mean the wall?

I do this in every Black Garden run... Riftwalk, Bull rush, Thunderous Leap etc.

The ledge isn't a safe spot. Hell, you can just run around the side and get up there.

This is truth even if they didnt go up the hill they could easily go around and come up either side and into the spawn area.
    Quote Originally Posted by Puzzlebox View Post
    if i can't be happy no one can be happy!!!!!!!1111
    Quote Originally Posted by Gualtiero View Post
    It takes to long to clear trash and the boss is too hard! Nerf the whole raid!
    The dude playing that warrior is better than me! Nerf his whole class!
    The OP types the truth! Nerf his keyboard!
    Ladyfae Def Cleric R40 Bidnis Def Warrior R19 Shortdawg Guard Rogue R7

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    I'd call not giving people who just respawned a chance to rebuff and orient themselves before killing them an unfair advantage. They don't even have to be winning to do it, just sneak around behind the action and gank respawns. Can easily turn the tide of a battle by cutting off re-inforcements.
    We're talking about the ledge and not the respawn area.

(right?)
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Delphya View Post

Being a GM must be a trying job. I have pretty good patience and self-restraint, I like to think. But not nearly enough to read reports like this all day and pretend to take them seriously.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    To clarify, in case were having a misunderstanding based on terminology here, I'm referring to the platform you literally spawn on. The ground below that drop, that you run across before the drop into the main area, is accessible to anyone who wants to stroll up there from the sides of the map.

My point is simply this. If your team is getting rolled by the small number of people in a WF who can literally jump up to your spawn, it isn't turning the tide of the battle in their favor. To back you up to this point a team has already beaten you senseless and the match is already over, it's simply a technical matter of waiting for the timer to finish counting down.

And someone being able to reach you from below is no more or less fair than you being able to reach someone from above as far as terrain goes, at least in my opinion. If you stand on the edge into the main area and try to fire down, someone jumping up to you via a gap closer is perfectly fair as far as I see it.
    Last edited by RavingLunatic; 06-14-2011 at 09:22 AM.
    ~ Cameela ~
    50 Rogue - Rank 40
    Officer of <Dark Horizon>
    GP 4/4 - DH 4/4 - GSB 5/5 - RoS 4/4 - RotP 4/4 - HK 11/11 - ID 4/8
    Byriel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast