+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Make PVP Seperate from PVE so those who want gear/valor handed to them can leave PVP

Rift Disciple

Default Make PVP Seperate from PVE so those who want gear/valor handed to them can leave PVP

Everyone that wants everything handed to them in PVP...**** pvp. Plain and simple. Everything is rough at the start of anything when you first start out in ANY COMPETITION.

So what trion should do and any other MMO should have done....is MAKE PVP AND PVE SEPARATE to where PVP is not dependent on gear but skill. Idk if I should be saying this but I saw this idea being implemented into GW2 and I feel every MMO with pvp should do that. I feel its a no brainier. Solves almost everything. They also have pvp for casual gamers and those who are hardcore. This is almost a no brainier as to why all MMO's didnt do this. You can ofc get gear from pvp but its separate from pve and im not sure how stats would work. Possibly just change look as you pvp more/win more favor etc....Thats for them to figure out.

Even with this being said you will probably have players complain about not being able to use their Shiny New Weapon/Armor in pvp. Well I only have one thing to say to that.....tough luck son. PVP isn't for flashy new toys if you have no skill...so if you have none and are to busy or worried about looks....

G TF O PVP

The end =)
    Last edited by shortysos7; 06-14-2011 at 04:30 AM.

Without gear there'd be nothing to grind for in PvP, which means people wouldn't play/pay as long.

Rift is built around gear grinds. They'll never be removed.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Better gear doesn't necessarily mean more valor
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

Quote Originally Posted by -Swag- View Post
    Without gear there'd be nothing to grind for in PvP, which means people wouldn't play/pay as long.

Rift is built around gear grinds. They'll never be removed.
    I know, you trollin, but I gotta chime in.

Even if you gained nothing from PvPing, people would still PvP. Honestly I think making PvP a heavy instanced grind was an epic failure on Trion's part and proof that they were just copying WoW with no originality of their own. Grind heavy PvP is lame, it just creates a disparity where Gear > Skill.

OP, I don't agree with separating PvP and PvE entirely, but I do agree with the idea that PvP shouldn't be about gear. Sadly Trion subscribes to the notion that everyone wants a Korean Grind with lots of repetitive instanced crap.

Rift Disciple

Im not exactly sure how the MMO's that are seperating it from PVE will work but i feel its a good idea. Maybe they meant gear for pvp and pve are different. Cant be used in pve? not sure.....but gear dependency and grinding takes away from what pvp is totally. If anything gear should have same stats just modifiable for pvp but as you progress you can get new gear with different looks because pvp is based upon SKILL

PvE and PvE are separate. That's what's wrong with the game. We want an integrated game that fluidly contains both without these sandboxed mini-games. This is an MMO after all. Get rid of separate gear stats. We don't need to completely end instances, but realize that they're a crutch...not the end game of the main thrust of the game.

If there's a PvP mini-game, I'd always prefer to have normalized gear.

Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    PvE and PvE are separate. That's what's wrong with the game. We want an integrated game that fluidly contains both without these sandboxed mini-games. This is an MMO after all. Get rid of separate gear stats. We don't need to completely end instances, but realize that they're a crutch...not the end game of the main thrust of the game.

If there's a PvP mini-game, I'd always prefer to have normalized gear.
    Except, not everyone enjoys PvP and if you try to combine them you are going to have issues. People who don't care for a PvP-centric game will bail, and then when you are done with your facebashing and want to go kill that dragon - all the people who focused on that content will be long gone. Instancing the PvP into warfronts keeps it out of the main attraction to the game - questing and fighting fearsome monsters i.e. "Saving the World".

Does it make the PvP crowd feel like the red-headed stepchild as they grind Black Garden for the 99999999th time? Yes, but that's a failure on the developer's part for not more fully developing the PvP side of the game and creating a larger world to play in. The battles could feel more epic, and they could be a lot more story-driven.

The answer isn't to just mash everything together and hope for the best, and the answer isn't to get rid of PvP stats. The answer is to accept that when you decide that you are going to PvP for the very first time ever at 50, you are going to get killed often by those who have been PvPing since level 10. They earned their gear, and you have to deal with the consequences of your decision not to PvP until level cap.

+ Reply to Thread