+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: PVP content incoming

Default PVP content incoming

Quote Originally Posted by Gersh_Trion View Post
    In addition I wanted to remind folks that the notes posted here are not exhaustive of all of the items in 1.3, just the major balance changes. There will be some additional content released in 1.3 that will lay the inital groundwork for additional open world PVP content that will be released in 1.4, 1.5 and beyond.

This includes
    • Improved warfront matchmaking
    • Open world PVP faction & daily quests
    • Additional pvp rewards including lower level valor gear & higher level PvP oriented lesser essences

Thanks
    -Gersh
    Source.

I only want to point it, that thread is overflowed with QQ and this crucial part could pass unnoticed
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Better than nothing.

Will be "interesting" to see how things are handled. I hope they do it right, cuz, well, there really aren't any other options coming any time soon.
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

Ascendant

That isnt much really, that open world PVP faction quest means probably kill 5 guardian for example. I still think that 40 vs 40 is gonna be full of **** too. Its mix of carebears and pvprs zone Im sure of it and I bet theres rifts too.

Btw, theres good games coming, Tera, GW2, TSW, one thing Im happy we arent forgotten yet. Hell, APB open beta started like 3 week ago. Also if D3 is like original theres pvp too.
    Last edited by June; 06-14-2011 at 06:05 AM.

YAY maybe i wont have to suck it up and pve(yuck) for rift raids after all! I cant wait to see the pvp essences!
    Aurrek..increased damage.

Champion of Telara

It shows they have some level of concern however small. The real goal of open PvP quest to me would be to promote people to get out and PvP more. So that you can have constant action and be a real alternative to WFs. I am not sure if this will change much except get people to gank a little bit every day. I hope I am wrong though.

I do realize it was said that this was a minor change and that bigger ones are coming which is also good to hear. I dont mind being kept on the hook a little longer if changes are coming.

Plane Touched

Yep this is all i needed to keep my account active

Quote Originally Posted by Dahrken View Post
    It shows they have some level of concern however small. The real goal of open PvP quest to me would be to promote people to get out and PvP more. So that you can have constant action and be a real alternative to WFs. I am not sure if this will change much except get people to gank a little bit every day. I hope I am wrong though.

I do realize it was said that this was a minor change and that bigger ones are coming which is also good to hear. I dont mind being kept on the hook a little longer if changes are coming.
    I like the idea but the defiants on my current shard will just run in fear at the sight of me. Not too much fun.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kaladai View Post
    Source.

I only want to point it, that thread is overflowed with QQ and this crucial part could pass unnoticed
    Thats all fine and dandy but i already unsubbed. Ill come back when the proposed changes are actually implemented.
    Samuraijack 39 Warrior <Ruin>
    Gza 20 Rogue <Ruin>

OHHHHH YEAH! SO looking forward to more PvP. the main thing keeping me here was the aawesome soul system, and now with more PvP I am one happy player
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Champion of Telara

It is good to see some mention, however brief.

Thanks OP for digging through that thread for this.

Now if they would just rescind the changes valour will have on crit damage and mention some hammerfall raid equivilent pvp gear all will be right in the world.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    OHHHHH YEAH! SO looking forward to more PvP. the main thing keeping me here was the aawesome soul system, and now with more PvP I am one happy player
    Atleast they are working on it.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

1.4 and 1.5 is what interests me.

If they actually intend to deliver what was mentioned in that google tranlation in another thread, then I am seriously tempted to continue my sub.

Would love to get a dev confirmation of their future PvP plans. Rift's PvE is good but it isn't enough to keep me subbed.

Actually that's just the beginning of it, those things are supposed to come in 1.3 to pave the way for:

Morning folks,We mentioned at E3 that Hammerknell is only the begining of the new content we'll be launching in the next 3 to 6 months. We've got a ton of stuff coming down the pipe including
    New 50+ outdoor zone
    New 50+ dungeon
    New 10 man instanced slivers
    New largescale battle Warfront & and open world PvP events
    New dynamic rift content & world events
    Of course the details on these updates will be released a bit later on when we're closer to launch. But we are actively working on new content for all of our subscribers. Thanks,Gersh
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post2596951

Plane Touched

It's fine. The Hammerknell raiders only get a month to totally destroy the balance of warfronts plus however long it takes for us to obtain the new high level gear that will come in 1.4 or 1.5. My gut feeling is that this gear will come with rank 7, which will require 585k to grind; that's about two months of competing with 40-50 DPS one handers using the 32.8 DPS **** we can buy.

You can't add new PvE itemization without taking a hard look at how it will affect PvP. Trion seems to pretty carefully think of the implications on PvE of adding new PvP gear, but it rarely goes the other way around.
    Last edited by Neuts; 06-14-2011 at 08:48 AM.

They better release something good before gw2 comes out, other wise this game will turn into a ghost town pvp wise, i was checking out the pvp for gw2, and it looks awsome as far as large scale battles, haveing 3 shards battle it out for keeps, is the closet thing to daoc style pvp in the works, of any game that i have seen.

4 wfs just dosent cut it now days in 2011, i do love how smooth rift runs, but that wont keep me here forever.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast