+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Why do wins and losses give different rewards?

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default Why do wins and losses give different rewards?

    actually think about that. Sure its obvious because all other mmo's do, but why?

    This game (and all MMO's) are about how good a group you can get into, not how good of a player you are.

    The obviously implemented a contribution point system for their rifts, why wouldn't pvp reward have the same system?

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Lerp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    310

    Default



    ...
    Troll thread. The question is just too stupid to be real.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Some people who on the score board to be contributing nothing may be contributing a great deal in terms of mechanics. A single assassin at the vault may be constantly distracting 5+ of the enemy team and keeping them off the codex, someone may be tanking or ccing a lot and not have a high kill/dps/heal so seriously, no.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Some people who on the score board to be contributing nothing may be contributing a great deal in terms of mechanics. A single assassin at the vault may be constantly distracting 5+ of the enemy team and keeping them off the codex, someone may be tanking or ccing a lot and not have a high kill/dps/heal so seriously, no.
    i just mentioned the contribution of rift system as an example of something new that was implemented in the game. I rather like the team sharing favor from kills but I will never get why wins and losses have different rewards.

    especially when you consider that the concept is completely backwards: the winning side already has better gear and coordination so they benefit less from new gear, while the people that need the new gear have to wait longer to get it.

    I may just be coming from too strong of a FPS background where the game is about having fun and doesn't matter if your team wins or loses other than bragging rights.

    Right now, even if you are winning warfront after warfront, never lose a warfront, the gear grind for pvp is way too long. It's so freaking long of a grind.

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by generatedname View Post
    i just mentioned the contribution of rift system as an example of something new that was implemented in the game. I rather like the team sharing favor from kills but I will never get why wins and losses have different rewards.
    Personally I think winners should get rewarded and losers should get nothing to encourage people to try

  6. #6
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Personally I think winners should get rewarded and losers should get nothing to encourage people to try
    Actually this will have the opposite effect of what you're suggesting. Lets say that you as a random person queue in 10 warfronts and you face premades in all 10 resulting in constant losses. According to your system you will never manage to progress, while with the current system you get a measure of progress, no matter how painful. Even if you do say that, sure, I'll make my own premade, by the time you find the people to do it, you'll still be facing more geared and experience premades, resulting in an almost equal amount of losses.

    I don't think you'll be playing a game where you have little to no chance to reach the fully geared people. And even if you do have the tenacity to do it, the majority won't, resulting in less people queuing and PvPing.
    Last edited by Xasapis; 06-13-2011 at 09:59 PM.

  7. #7
    Noc
    Noc is offline
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Personally I think winners should get rewarded and losers should get nothing to encourage people to try
    People with jobs should get less favor so they can be farmed by the unemployed.

  8. #8
    Noc
    Noc is offline
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Xasapis View Post
    Actually this will have the opposite effect of what you're suggesting. Lets say that you as a random person queue in 10 warfronts and you face premades in all 10 resulting in constant losses. According to your system you will never manage to progress, while with the current system you get a measure of progress, no matter how painful. Even if you do say that, sure, I'll make my own premade, by the time you find the people to do it, you'll still be facing more geared and experience premades, resulting in an almost equal amount of losses.

    I don't think you'll be playing a game where you have little to no chance to reach the fully geared people. And even if you do have the tenacity to do it, the majority won't, resulting in less people queuing and PvPing.
    Pretty sure this is the case now.

  9. #9
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noc View Post
    Pretty sure this is the case now.
    As of patch 1.2 the combined losses and kills reward as much favor as the win used to reward in patch 1.1. The amount of favor gained in 1.2 is two to thee times bigger than 1.1. However your comment is rather vague, so I'm not sure what you're referring to.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts