+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Something I find amusing.

  1. #1
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    13

    Default Something I find amusing.

    I have been following the forums for quite sometime, but rarely post.

    I have one toon I raid with and one I PvP with. Combine this with the fact that I read/post on the forums; I suspect some may consider me hardcore.

    However this post is about a few things that I find quite funny.
    • Hardcore pro-premade PvPers always tell the casual PvPer's to form their own premades, organize their pug groups and offer other various ignorant suggestions/comments to people who obviously don't have the time to do the things they are suggesting thus why they are pugging. Of course then the hardcore pro-premade PvPers counter with the game is social, and should not cater to their casual play style.
    • Hardcore Pvpers like to constantly break their arms patting themselves on their back regarding their gaming skills when compared to raiders. PvPers tend to claim the ability to circle strafe, bunny-hop, and key bind is a skill. I will admit I know one person in RL who does not key bind; however that is not the norm amongst hardcore raiders. Even my GF has the above mentioned so-called "skills."
    • Many hardcore PvPers state Raiding = Don't stand in the fire.
    • Many hardcore PvPers state Raiding is easy-mode way to get gear.

    Well now here is the funny part!!!

    The new patch may give raiders an advantage in PvP, and it will definitely give them the better weapons.

    Well this is my suggestion to all you PvPer's who have posted the above style comments, but now are QQing.

    Take your own advice! Trion has always said this game was PVE first. This game does not cater to your play style. This is a social game. It was not designed so you can sit in a small guild and roll pugs in P6. You need to just form a group and go raid real quick. It really shouldn't be a problem, because raiding is terribly easy. Just don't stand in the fire, and I am sure you will have your 60+ dps weapons in no time...LOL!!!

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Lerp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    310

    Default

    I don't PvE at all, I'm pissed about 1.3, and I found this thread hilarious. 10/10
    EDIT: Though I should probably mention that I don't think the PvE in this game is just "DON'T STAND IN TEH FIRE LOL."
    Last edited by Lerp; 06-13-2011 at 09:34 PM.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Like we dont know, devs likes more carebears, hell carebears whined even game like Aion to trash. Which was MEANT to be pvp game.
    Last edited by June; 06-13-2011 at 09:58 PM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    I thikn it comes down to simply fact carebears are easier to please, raid for gears and kill some stupid AI monsters.

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara NatashaK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,146

    Default

    There's no reason to play an MMO to PvE. Just play a console game or w/e. It's basically just Mario bros.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NatashaK View Post
    There's no reason to play an MMO to PvE. Just play a console game or w/e. It's basically just Mario bros.
    Agreed, but think about it, theres people who raid gears like months and years, it just show how simple some people are. Even Warhammer dev didnt had teh balls to make PVP game wholeheartedly. Carebears are sort of devs weakness.

  7. #7
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonq View Post
    • Hardcore pro-premade PvPers always tell the casual PvPer's to form their own premades, organize their pug groups and offer other various ignorant suggestions/comments to people who obviously don't have the time to do the things they are suggesting thus why they are pugging. Of course then the hardcore pro-premade PvPers counter with the game is social, and should not cater to their casual play style.
    Over generalizing much? A lot of hard core pvper's like to solo and do their own thing, such people tend to think zerg stomping is EZ mode PvP and prefer a situation where people can put up a challenge and where other players aren't going to interfere. I know I definately enjoy a good game of cat and mouse with Guardians.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonq View Post
    • Hardcore Pvpers like to constantly break their arms patting themselves on their back regarding their gaming skills when compared to raiders. PvPers tend to claim the ability to circle strafe, bunny-hop, and key bind is a skill. I will admit I know one person in RL who does not key bind; however that is not the norm amongst hardcore raiders. Even my GF has the above mentioned so-called "skills."
    Yes because we all know Jumping = Skill right?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonq View Post
    • Many hardcore PvPers state Raiding = Don't stand in the fire.
    • Many hardcore PvPers state Raiding is easy-mode way to get gear.
    Both of these are accurate. Don't stand in the fire, and Zerg Stomps = EZ Mode PvP hardly PvP at all.

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    Agreed, but think about it, theres people who raid gears like months and years, it just show how simple some people are. Even Warhammer dev didnt had teh balls to make PVP game wholeheartedly. Carebears are sort of devs weakness.
    Blame EA for that. Mythic intended for Warhammer to have every faction at war and to have the game heavily PvP centric. EA took Mythic over and decided that it was too competitive and hard core for casual gamers, there were concerns about faction balance, and they wanted to copy World of Warcraft, so instead what we got was a WoW clone forced out the door before it was even finished, and then the unfinished parts were sold back as expansion content.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    259

    Default

    Casual play style, you claim. Yet you have 2 chars, "one" for raiding. You start a thread purely to troll people who can be "bothered". Interesting

  10. #10
    Champion
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    578

    Default

    And the problem with Hard-Core PvPers in an MMORPG setting is they are far more 'migratory' than your hard-core-PvE raiders are. Lets face it, You want to talk about who pays the bills? Don't look at the 100,000 pvpers, but at the rest of the PvE'rs who are going to be in this game, 6, 9, 12, 24, 48 months from now. They aren't going to be your hard-core-pvpers, they are going to be your raiders.
    And you know who will be PvP then?
    Your casual players lookin to do something besides 'dungeons' and raiders who are wanting to try something other than the same old raid every now and again.

    But your Hard Core PvPers?
    They'll leave for that 'new' 'better' 'more awesome' pvp experience/game that comes out on the horizon every other month.


    Also, I believe when it comes to PvP, for those who actually have skills, and want to be competitive, Theres an actual genre of game specifically designed for you.
    ITs called the FPS.
    You know, a game thats actually 'balanced' online and is almost entirely devoted to your 'skill' and your 'latency' instead of just your 'latency' and 'which flavor of the month your rolling around this time'.

    I think of those 'hard-core-pvpers' that only 'pvp' in MMORPGs, are the ones that just don't have the 'skills' to do it in the truelly competitive 'FPS' games.

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterDeath View Post
    I think of those 'hard-core-pvpers' that only 'pvp' in MMORPGs, are the ones that just don't have the 'skills' to do it in the truelly competitive 'FPS' games.
    I won't go as far as to say that this is true for all PvP players in MMOs, but I believe there is a significant number of PvPers for whom this is true. The crutch that gear provides, and the justification for an uneven playing field that we hear so often suggest to me that the above quote has some truth to it.

    I don't think there's too much point worrying about it at this stage. A number of people have already decided (for better or worse) to jump ship for SWTOR and GW2. The rest are the ones who are happy with the way things are going as it is. The game will find it's sweet spot soon enough. I just suspect that PvP won't be a significant part of that. I could be wrong, but I don't really care either way. Life's too short.

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara Kaladai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Granada
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonq View Post
    I have been following the forums for quite sometime, but rarely post.
    Keep the stalking, posting it's not your strong point.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterDeath View Post
    And the problem with Hard-Core PvPers in an MMORPG setting is they are far more 'migratory' than your hard-core-PvE raiders are.
    That's because every heavily funded mass marketed MMO ever released since World of Warcraft has been cookie cutter crap. All the MMO's that actually had potential either didn't get the backing they needed to make a polished game, or didn't get the advertising they needed for a strong launch.

    Trust me, the pickings are slim for MMO PvP, most MMO's suck, and the ones that don't suck aren't played because no one plays them.

    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterDeath View Post
    Lets face it, You want to talk about who pays the bills? Don't look at the 100,000 pvpers, but at the rest of the PvE'rs who are going to be in this game, 6, 9, 12, 24, 48 months from now.
    Two things wrong with this statement. First you underestimate and marginalize the number of gamers interested in PvP content, there are far more of us than you think. Second you fail to consider why PvPers don't stick with MMO's very often. It's because most MMO's treat us like crap and disregard us until we get fed up and leave. It's because there aren't any solid MMO's with good PvP that aren't nearly a decade old.

    Quote Originally Posted by SinisterDeath View Post
    But your Hard Core PvPers?
    They'll leave for that 'new' 'better' 'more awesome' pvp experience/game that comes out on the horizon every other month.
    People stayed with Shadowbane a lot longer than they should have because it had good PvP, Unbisoft was horrible, the servers were crappy and often lagged, the graphics were crap, yet it had a massive following of dedicated players up until the day they pulled the plug. Why? Because it had great PvP.

    People stayed with DAoC for a long time because it had good PvP. The only reason PvPers are mass unsubscribing from Rift right now is because the PvP in Rift is generic cookie cutter crap not much different and hardly any better (arguably in many ways worse) than the PvP in WAR and WoW, neither of which were very good PvP games themselves.

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    1,775

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Blame EA for that. Mythic intended for Warhammer to have every faction at war and to have the game heavily PvP centric. EA took Mythic over and decided that it was too competitive and hard core for casual gamers, there were concerns about faction balance, and they wanted to copy World of Warcraft, so instead what we got was a WoW clone forced out the door before it was even finished, and then the unfinished parts were sold back as expansion content.
    WoW is to blame for everything basically and especially those idiot vanilla wow players who did it way way too many years and showed to the rest of the world what kind of brainless idito theyre, but yeah I think if Rift fails like it looks now maybe maybe they start to give up it.
    Last edited by June; 06-14-2011 at 02:45 AM.

  15. #15
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by June View Post
    WoW is to blame for everything basically and especially those idiot vanilla wow players who did it way way too many years and showed to the rest of the world what kind of brainless idito theyre, but yeah I think if Rift fails like it looks now maybe maybe they start to give up it.
    Was it WoW that conducted the takeover of Mythic and decided to force changes that the designers of WAR had not intended? I won't even get into what they did with Will Wright's masterpiece, Sim Everything as it was. Mythic is the company that made DAoC and WAR was going to be their masterpiece, and EA bought them out and turned their masterpiece into a frankenstein's monster made up of chunks of the game that should have been released, but never was.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts