+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Chloromancer and how we define OP

Default Chloromancer and how we define OP

So, I had an interesting experience while pvping today. Usually when I get several melee on me and no one else is around, as a chloromancer, I don't do so well. And that's fine, because a) as a chloromancer, I shouldn't really be alone in a war front, and b) 1 on 1 I do fine. Well, somehow I ended up alone with 2 warriors on me (I think it was one of those thinking your teammates are behind you and you stumble on to the front lines, turn around, and see everyone else detoured to look at the shiny object). I did the same thing I always do when I have multiple melee on me. Throw out some instances to build a bit of charge, put up wild growth, flip on corrosion, etc etc. I was smart enough to detaunt the second warrior, and my build has 44 chloromancer, so after I coaxed out their interrupts, I threw out natural splendor (which is pretty much awesome), I put up rune shields, I used phase shift to let direct heal cooldowns come up, blah blah blah blah, point is, I'm rank 5 and have the first half of the tier 3 set, and they were, judging from how hard they were hitting, maybe rank 2, 3 at the most. So I killed them both. And they yelled "omg so op, you suck" and "that's ********, totally op."

This was, to me, hilarious, because if there is anyone who is NOT op in pvp, it's chloromancers. Even if they fix livegiving veil (god I'm tired of rebuffing... and rebuffing... and rebuffing when the cooldown is up), we're far from OP. What happened was I had a solid strategy for dealing with melee, and quite frankly, a huge gear advantage. Had it been two rank 6 warriors on me, I wouldn't be telling a wonderful story of how I outwitted button smashing fools with my super amazing awesome skill. Truth be told, I'm not bad at pvp, but I'm not fantastic, and even if I was, seriously, chloromancer?

So the point of all this is that, per usual, what makes someone OP is not their spec, their calling, or their rotations of abilities. What makes someone OP is when they have better gear than you, and you die.

Seriously, calling a chloromancer OP.

(Oh, and that strange build is 2 lock/44 chloro/20 archmage. It was sort of a roll of the dice to see if it was effective, and, crudy warriors aside, it's actually a really nice build).

Poor souls have no idea what's about to hit them with 51 Chloro/10 War/5 AM.

Plus the valor changes?

Yeah... Going to be a lot more of that complaining soon enough.

Nice story that. Always fun to here people cry OP when they just got out geared or even flat out, out played by someone.

Just think if one of them happend to be a Vk how different that outcome would have been.

So many DPS think it's all about the DPS, they forget to include, or even flat out ignore their game changing ablities in the CC department in favor of macro mashing and hoping for a quick kill.

Cheers.

Telaran

nice brag post!

Quote Originally Posted by stavos View Post
    So, I had an interesting experience while pvping today. Usually when I get several melee on me and no one else is around, as a chloromancer, I don't do so well. And that's fine, because a) as a chloromancer, I shouldn't really be alone in a war front, and b) 1 on 1 I do fine. Well, somehow I ended up alone with 2 warriors on me (I think it was one of those thinking your teammates are behind you and you stumble on to the front lines, turn around, and see everyone else detoured to look at the shiny object). I did the same thing I always do when I have multiple melee on me. Throw out some instances to build a bit of charge, put up wild growth, flip on corrosion, etc etc. I was smart enough to detaunt the second warrior, and my build has 44 chloromancer, so after I coaxed out their interrupts, I threw out natural splendor (which is pretty much awesome), I put up rune shields, I used phase shift to let direct heal cooldowns come up, blah blah blah blah, point is, I'm rank 5 and have the first half of the tier 3 set, and they were, judging from how hard they were hitting, maybe rank 2, 3 at the most. So I killed them both. And they yelled "omg so op, you suck" and "that's ********, totally op."

This was, to me, hilarious, because if there is anyone who is NOT op in pvp, it's chloromancers. Even if they fix livegiving veil (god I'm tired of rebuffing... and rebuffing... and rebuffing when the cooldown is up), we're far from OP. What happened was I had a solid strategy for dealing with melee, and quite frankly, a huge gear advantage. Had it been two rank 6 warriors on me, I wouldn't be telling a wonderful story of how I outwitted button smashing fools with my super amazing awesome skill. Truth be told, I'm not bad at pvp, but I'm not fantastic, and even if I was, seriously, chloromancer?

So the point of all this is that, per usual, what makes someone OP is not their spec, their calling, or their rotations of abilities. What makes someone OP is when they have better gear than you, and you die.

Seriously, calling a chloromancer OP.

(Oh, and that strange build is 2 lock/44 chloro/20 archmage. It was sort of a roll of the dice to see if it was effective, and, crudy warriors aside, it's actually a really nice build).

Quote Originally Posted by tanglefast View Post
    nice brag post!
    Gotta have a pretty fagile ego if you think he was bragging with that post.

You weren't one of those two warriors were you?

Cheers.

Shadowlander

It's the same old story, nice story btw, I am levelling a chloromancer too (I hit 29 lastnight... I know, úber) and am far from awesome at pvp, been playing MMOs for a good few years and only started PvPing in Rift.

Was in codex last night babysitting Vault, hiding behind a rock as you do, when a tank and a caster stroll up to take the unguarded node. I shout a warning that I will need help in raid chat then jack-in-the-box, spell rotation, self buff, debuff (I have some points in archon), mana potion yadda-yadda wait for the inevitable death. But wait! The caster dropped like a brick and I'm toe to toe with the tank and he's jumping around like a flea on speed. I healed up and started bashing the instant casts walking backwards, then tah-dah! Dead tank. I was feeling pretty pleased with myself when my team turned up and I had defended the node solo but you can imagine my disapointment when the /yells of "hack" and "OP" started.

Two WFs later, same scenario but with me 1 on 1 with a scout. Short version, me = perma-stunted then dead, rogue = either knew how to counter a chloro OR he was obviously OP and needs to be nerfed in which case I actually won... oh wait.

We really shouldn't post advice to those DPSers who try to beat us to death with their faces and have no idea how to stop healers.

(My build, as far as I remember (I'm at work), is 29 chloro/2 archon/the rest in pyro. Not sure if it's anywhere near what it should be but I'm having fun with it)

Quote Originally Posted by tanglefast View Post
    nice brag post!
    Let me guess... you were one of the warriors that got pwned !

QQ

"Eradicating your buffs since May 11th 2011"

Telaran

Warriors are so used to killing everything in their path by mashing a few cooldowns that anything presenting a challenge is considered op'ed. Chloromancers are anything but overpowered, though that's likely to change with 1.3 and changes to valor gear.

Telaran

actually i have two builds, warlock/nec and chloro/war.

maybe it wasn't intended as brag post, but we all know chloro is not OP and gear over compensates. what else, but a brag, is the purpose of the thread other than a thinly veiled brag that a chloro 2v1'd two warriors who thought you were so good that they called you OP'd?

Quote Originally Posted by Avandor View Post
    Let me guess... you were one of the warriors that got pwned !

QQ

chloro's are scary
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    Poor souls have no idea what's about to hit them with 51 Chloro/10 War/5 AM.

Plus the valor changes?

Yeah... Going to be a lot more of that complaining soon enough.
    wow lol. what a joke. I'm sure everyone's quaking in fear of the thought of 51 chloro in pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by xeshaka View Post
    chloro's are scary
    The hell with Chuck Norris, when I go to sleep at night I check under my bed for chloro's.

Prophet of Telara

Considering they're a dps healer - Chloro is actually a very strong 1v1 spec, especially when combined with survival goodies in other souls.

The only thing that people sold chloro as being underpowered with was the introduction of eradicate. Prior to that Chloros were considered one of the tougher classes to kill in a 1v1.
    Ceribaen, formerly of Nyx (D).
    Now residing on Seastone.

+ Reply to Thread