+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Which shard are we headed to for PvP?

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser Lerp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    310

    Default Which shard are we headed to for PvP?

    Just trying to get my footing as to where most people are headed after shard transfers are implemented. Any ideas? Preferably somewhere that's not already high population.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Stigas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    US - Ashstone



    Not sure if you're Guardian or Defiant, but both sides could use quality PvP'ers.
    Last edited by Stigas; 06-13-2011 at 07:28 PM.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Lerp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Shameless self bump

  4. #4
    dmv
    dmv is offline
    Champion of Telara dmv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    If you're a guardian, I'd love it if you came to Lotham.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Stigas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    If you're a guardian, I'd love it if you came to Lotham.
    You're suspect...

    For killin or chillin?

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Lerp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    310

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    If you're a guardian, I'd love it if you came to Lotham.
    Defiant, sorry :P. "NO GODS, NO MASTERS", etc.

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Taken from the FAQ:

    How often can I transfer my character?

    We’re allowing one free transfer, per character, to a select shard every 7 days. Please note this is subject to change while we continue to develop and test the new service.

    What do you mean “select shards”?

    We want the shard you select to provide the best experience possible. It is important that there remains a balance between Guardian and Defiant players and to that available shards do not become too over populated or unbalanced. For this reason you will only be able to move to specific shards we’ve selected to accept new transfers, please note the shards available for transfer may change over time.

    So, cutting through the lawyerspeak, I'd be willing to bet a lot of plat if plat wasn't utterly worthless in this game that really, what they mean by free server transfers is only actually applicable if, for some inexplicable reason, you want to move to a server that doesn't have high population.

    Don't bother waiting. I rerolled to Briarcliff. It doesn't take a genius to look at the shard populations every day to see only a few are High, and that by the time (assuming they ever do) world pvp is implemented, there'll only be one High pop pvp shard left. I'm betting it's Briarcliff. And, I'm also betting, based on the FAQ, you can't transfer your character there, so bite the bullet and reroll now!

  8. #8
    Ascendant Stigas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revial View Post
    Taken from the FAQ:

    How often can I transfer my character?

    We’re allowing one free transfer, per character, to a select shard every 7 days. Please note this is subject to change while we continue to develop and test the new service.

    What do you mean “select shards”?

    We want the shard you select to provide the best experience possible. It is important that there remains a balance between Guardian and Defiant players and to that available shards do not become too over populated or unbalanced. For this reason you will only be able to move to specific shards we’ve selected to accept new transfers, please note the shards available for transfer may change over time.

    So, cutting through the lawyerspeak, I'd be willing to bet a lot of plat if plat wasn't utterly worthless in this game that really, what they mean by free server transfers is only actually applicable if, for some inexplicable reason, you want to move to a server that doesn't have high population.

    Don't bother waiting. I rerolled to Briarcliff. It doesn't take a genius to look at the shard populations every day to see only a few are High, and that by the time (assuming they ever do) world pvp is implemented, there'll only be one High pop pvp shard left. I'm betting it's Briarcliff. And, I'm also betting, based on the FAQ, you can't transfer your character there, so bite the bullet and reroll now!
    You're going to be sorely disappointed. Briarcliff and Deepstrike, while having a great group of strong PvP'ers, has had the PvP population diluted down because of all the people who did exactly what you did - rerolled because of a shiny "High" population mark.

    I'd rather see a designated Low Pop shard be taken over by everyone who wants the same thing - PvP.

    Good luck, though! I thought I made the right choice going to Deepstrike... Not so much. Same thing, more people idle in Meridian/Sanctum.

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You're going to be sorely disappointed. Briarcliff and Deepstrike, while having a great group of strong PvP'ers, has had the PvP population diluted down because of all the people who did exactly what you did - rerolled because of a shiny "High" population mark.

    I'd rather see a designated Low Pop shard be taken over by everyone who wants the same thing - PvP.

    Good luck, though! I thought I made the right choice going to Deepstrike... Not so much. Same thing, more people idle in Meridian/Sanctum.
    That wasn't my point. Of course they're all idling in Merdian/Sanctum.

    My point was, that if we ever do get world pvp like Gersh keeps claiming is coming one day, you're going to want to be on a high pop server, so may as well move now so you have time to get a few toons ready for when/if we ever get world pvp. Obviously, until that hazy possible future, my personal view is it doesn't matter what server you're playing on, as sustained world pvp isn't going to happen without a game mechanic serving as impetus.

    If you really think you're going to find sustained do-it-yourself organized world pvp on any server for longer than the few days, at best, that people can keep up that tempo of interest, then have at it! It lasted maybe 2-3 weeks upon release before people simply lost interest, and I don't see any reason to think you'd be able to recapture that and extend it on a low pop server, but that's just my own opinion. ;)

  10. #10
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    You're going to be sorely disappointed. Briarcliff and Deepstrike, while having a great group of strong PvP'ers, has had the PvP population diluted down because of all the people who did exactly what you did - rerolled because of a shiny "High" population mark.

    I'd rather see a designated Low Pop shard be taken over by everyone who wants the same thing - PvP.

    Good luck, though! I thought I made the right choice going to Deepstrike... Not so much. Same thing, more people idle in Meridian/Sanctum.
    and this is exactly what we should be doing.
    when the servers first open up, we take a look, pick one, announce it, and then all pvpers start transfering there. if we cant find one thats open to both defiants and guardians, we atleast try to find two in the same cluster. more than likely if shard X only allows defiant transfers, and we all head there, pretty soon it'll close for defiants and open for guardians.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Stigas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revial View Post
    That wasn't my point. Of course they're all idling in Merdian/Sanctum.

    My point was, that if we ever do get world pvp like Gersh keeps claiming is coming one day, you're going to want to be on a high pop server, so may as well move now so you have time to get a few toons ready for when/if we ever get world pvp. Obviously, until that hazy possible future, my personal view is it doesn't matter what server you're playing on, as sustained world pvp isn't going to happen without a game mechanic serving as impetus.

    If you really think you're going to find sustained do-it-yourself organized world pvp on any server for longer than the few days, at best, that people can keep up that tempo of interest, then have at it! It lasted maybe 2-3 weeks upon release before people simply lost interest, and I don't see any reason to think you'd be able to recapture that and extend it on a low pop server, but that's just my own opinion. ;)
    Apologies if I took your point out of context. Just had a bit of nostalgia as your post was essentially my exact line of thinking when I rerolled to Deepstrike.

    I think the first month of world pvp and awesome Warfront matches were kind of skewed. Soooo many people playing, racing to 50, racing to rank up.

    I wish it had stayed like that! I remember getting my first world kill in Freemarch. Some level 15's or something had wandered over. You'd have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding a Guardian in Freemarch these days.

    I really do wish you the best of luck on briar. I'm too nervous about the queues, and having a random dc/crash put me 2-3 hours behind. Hopefully you have better luck than I did.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Stigas View Post
    Apologies if I took your point out of context. Just had a bit of nostalgia as your post was essentially my exact line of thinking when I rerolled to Deepstrike.

    I think the first month of world pvp and awesome Warfront matches were kind of skewed. Soooo many people playing, racing to 50, racing to rank up.

    I wish it had stayed like that! I remember getting my first world kill in Freemarch. Some level 15's or something had wandered over. You'd have a better chance of winning the lottery than finding a Guardian in Freemarch these days.

    I really do wish you the best of luck on briar. I'm too nervous about the queues, and having a random dc/crash put me 2-3 hours behind. Hopefully you have better luck than I did.
    bought the game about 1 week ago... i login several times a day ( and during prime time ) max queue ive had to sit in was 10 minutes... Also have had no lag to speak of at various hours through the days.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Stigas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pixul View Post
    bought the game about 1 week ago... i login several times a day ( and during prime time ) max queue ive had to sit in was 10 minutes... Also have had no lag to speak of at various hours through the days.
    On Deepstrike? Yeah, I've never seen more than a 14 person queue on Deepstrike since I rolled there.

    I tried to go on Briar to see what my latency was. I think it was ~10:30 EST last night, and the queue was at 240-something people, approx wait listed as almost an hour.

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    375

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Revial View Post
    That wasn't my point. Of course they're all idling in Merdian/Sanctum.

    My point was, that if we ever do get world pvp like Gersh keeps claiming is coming one day, you're going to want to be on a high pop server, so may as well move now so you have time to get a few toons ready for when/if we ever get world pvp. Obviously, until that hazy possible future, my personal view is it doesn't matter what server you're playing on, as sustained world pvp isn't going to happen without a game mechanic serving as impetus.

    If you really think you're going to find sustained do-it-yourself organized world pvp on any server for longer than the few days, at best, that people can keep up that tempo of interest, then have at it! It lasted maybe 2-3 weeks upon release before people simply lost interest, and I don't see any reason to think you'd be able to recapture that and extend it on a low pop server, but that's just my own opinion. ;)
    I agree that without an open world format forcing players to combat each other that it will soon die off. Nobody should be allowed to sit anywhere and be safe. Dedicate a server where no place is safe, not meridian or sactum, nowhere. Put in a reward or bounty system and let the killing begin.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Credo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,172

    Default

    I'm staying on Freeholme unless my guild decides to transfer, and maybe even then. I have friends that play defiant side. I also don't consider Freeholme to have all that low of a population, just off peak hours can be quiet.
    Even free cost too much now

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts