+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Wheres The Love?

Soulwalker

Default Wheres The Love?

Trion seems to not understand that a good portion of their player base are players who want to PVP. They continuously talk about PVE content patches and the works but what about PVP?

We pvpers have 2 sources of PVP:
    1. World PVP in leveling zones
    2. Warfronts

For some reason Trion wants the guards of Main cities to be the strength of a Raid Boss. Battling for cities to pvp kill is alot of fun, and on my server (Briarcliff) it brings alot of competition. I took part in the only raid in Sanctum, we got rogues in side and we dropped a banner and we ATTEMPTED to wreck havock. but to our shock guards materialize from the walls one shotting any thing that isnt a tank. What kind of fun is that?

You cant focus on PVE only in this game. RIFT cant compete with bigger MMOs in terms of PVE, atleast this early into the release. The pvp in rift reminds me of the Vanilla PVP in wow and its the ONLY reason i play, and many other players think like i do. Ive already seen scores of my guildmates leave to play Planetside, which is 10 years old, because RIFT pvp has become boring at rank 6. Start working on new WFs, new gear, pvp planar foci, and especially World PVP objectives. Show the MMO business how PVP is done.

for starters get rid of all guards on pvp shards.
    they just get in the way.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by RestoMAtt View Post
    Trion seems to not understand that a good portion of their player base are players who want to PVP. They continuously talk about PVE content patches and the works but what about PVP?

We pvpers have 2 sources of PVP:
    1. World PVP in leveling zones
    2. Warfronts

For some reason Trion wants the guards of Main cities to be the strength of a Raid Boss. Battling for cities to pvp kill is alot of fun, and on my server (Briarcliff) it brings alot of competition. I took part in the only raid in Sanctum, we got rogues in side and we dropped a banner and we ATTEMPTED to wreck havock. but to our shock guards materialize from the walls one shotting any thing that isnt a tank. What kind of fun is that?

You cant focus on PVE only in this game. RIFT cant compete with bigger MMOs in terms of PVE, atleast this early into the release. The pvp in rift reminds me of the Vanilla PVP in wow and its the ONLY reason i play, and many other players think like i do. Ive already seen scores of my guildmates leave to play Planetside, which is 10 years old, because RIFT pvp has become boring at rank 6. Start working on new WFs, new gear, pvp planar foci, and especially World PVP objectives. Show the MMO business how PVP is done.
    It would be cool if there was a whole zone made for pvp where both factions had a city and no guards at all.

Owning your sides city offered something, i dont know anything that makes owning it a worth while objective. And owning both gave something even better. Sadly most pvpers are waiting for a game that offers this good of class game play with good pvp also.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

+ Reply to Thread