+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: serious buff to templar soul

Default serious buff to templar soul

Templar soul needs some serious buffs to the point what running with out it fully specced in pvp would be crazy.
    In my option.
    1 the souls should from the door give u a 20% damage mitigation from players.
    2 the 4 trees should be broken into a buff tree, debuff tree, healing tree, damage tree

That would more senseth en the current set whichis mostly healing oriented.

This will help balance the pvp souls easier by making templar crucial to pvp.
    TutonHammr Goldust - Justicar -
    Farnathil Wundrlust - Ranger -
    Gathroh Zhamphion - Paladin
    " MMO for life..."
    -=SYMBION=-

Only archmage is really good for PvP. Vindicator is terrible. Templar is OK but not better than just choosing another healing soul.

lud
    Champion

They ruin the synergy of real builds and have no good skills, they are near useless.
    They should allow us 3 souls + pvp soul with 25 points.

you're right clerics are awful and need a buff
    Last edited by Fiasco3; 06-13-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Rift Master

Dunno.. I like the templar tree, and don't miss out on much to use it.

dmv

I know the defensive portion is amazing for pvp, not sure about the offensive version. Infiltrator and vindicator need an overhaul though.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    I know the defensive portion is amazing for pvp, not sure about the offensive version. Infiltrator and vindicator need an overhaul though.
    Typically people running templar are not very effective at anything besides surviving.

Plus the templar soul had most of its reduction nerfed last patch :P

Basically what it comes down to is your points in templar are better off spent in another soul 99.9% of the time.

Plane Walker

A warden heavy build does not need Templar. A senticar build can benefit more from Healing momentum, Greater empowerment and Overload. Reinforce and Rolling with the Punches can also help the team more than the cleric.

I wouldn't suggest Templar though (beyond 5 points) if survivability is an issue. In that case, Justicar is the first choice.

Default You are all quite stupid...

The buff the Templar tree gives to healing is immense, particularly warden based specs.
    Also, why would you ever have a third healing soul in a build? purifier is terrible in pvp...
    'You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.'
    Why does every person that thinks they can theorycraft Cleric never understand simple math?
    If you don't know who I am, you probably don't care, so I won't bother you with a character profile.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Idimmu View Post
    The buff the Templar tree gives to healing is immense, particularly warden based specs.
    Also, why would you ever have a third healing soul in a build? purifier is terrible in pvp...
    Huh? Templar has some utility to offer, but immense healing? Could you please be more specific? Considering wardens get the least amount of love from Templar it'll be interesting to see your side of things.
    Last edited by Xasapis; 06-13-2011 at 10:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xasapis View Post
    Huh? Templar has some utility to offer, but immense healing? Could you please be more specific? Considering wardens get the least amount of love from Templar it'll be interesting to see your side of things.
    Creeping Remedy. Also if you noticed Celestial Bonds applies on the direct cast of every HoT, and the HPS of the spirit is huge.
    'You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.'
    Why does every person that thinks they can theorycraft Cleric never understand simple math?
    If you don't know who I am, you probably don't care, so I won't bother you with a character profile.

Plane Touched

Any healing cleric not running templar in their pvp build is utter fail. Fact is you need break free or you get eaten alive by skilled/geared SiN rogues. If you have break free no SiN rogue should beat you EvEr. Break Free is the most important ability ever whie barbling of shackles/dissolution is the second best counter to multiple melee attackers. Any healing clerics running without it have never faced a real premade.

Plane Walker

Creeping Remedy. Also if you noticed Celestial Bonds applies on the direct cast of every HoT, and the HPS of the spirit is huge.
    Creeping remedy used to apply in the first tick of any HoT, so the contribution was pretty insignificant. I haven't respected to it post 1.2 though, so they may have changed that. Also celestial bond is a 500 points shield applied to anyone stunned. Again the shield is (or was) applied on the first cast of a HoT, not on every tick of each HoT unless they changed something.

In my build, I use healing flood to apply the 11% damage mitigation (5% from Templar, 6% from Sentinel) and the 10% damage buff to anyone that dropped below 50% health. The rest are not very significant in terms of healing. I also use Overload, especially vs heavy damage casters hoping they crit and kill themselves (happens semi-regularly).

I'll try and check it myself this evening, but if anyone is available, please check whether the shield portion of Celestial Bond is reapplied (very much doubt it, 500 points shield on every HoT tick? If so I've been using it without realising) and whether Creeping Remedy procs with subsequent HoT ticks after the first one (this is actually easier to identify).

This post is so full of misinformation, it isn't funny.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    Typically people running templar are not very effective at anything besides surviving.

Plus the templar soul had most of its reduction nerfed last patch :P

Basically what it comes down to is your points in templar are better off spent in another soul 99.9% of the time.
    yep... sadly its more effective to put your points in JUSTICAR rather than yoru pvp soul for pvp.

i still laugh at how mages get a 15% bonus to damage but we cant have a 15% bonus to healing
    my chloro lock actualy has -15% chance to be crit 5% less physical damage taken and +15% damage to players. and I nuke harder and heal for more than my cleric..... LOL

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast