+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: R6, Faction all finished, now what?

  1. #1
    Telaran Gericho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    87

    Smile R6, Faction all finished, now what?

    Hey guys! First let me shout out to the fellow Pvpers whether Guardian or Defiant. I love fighting in the warfronts with you guys and have had a blast! Whether win or lose this game's pvp content is borderline the best pvp I've ever played. However, I have noticed that my toon cannot progress. I have all the factions that matter. I have all the pvp gear R5/6. What am I supposed to do now? If it doesnt benefit me in the PvP realm of this game I don't care about it. Yes, I know PvP was an after thought. But, it should be given some serious attention based on it's quality of play. I'm sure a lot of you would agree that this game's pvp content is freaking awesome and tons of fun!

    Problems I've noticed at end game are as follows:

    Port Scion continues to offer quests after being Glorified that gives no benefit to the player.

    Gold Earned by killing players needs to be increased significantly.

    The DragonSlayer Covenant faction needs to be in alignment with other similar factions that provide kill based progression. (without questing) (belong's in a pve forum but thought I'd mention it)

    End game content and PvP ranking system needs to be continued past rank 6. There also needs to be more titles earned for PvPing. 50,000 kills and well over 1,000,000 favor earned and no titles? I got some goofy achievement instead.

    I understand your trend nerfs. "If everyone is two handed spec lets nerf two handers." Well let me ask this, if a cleric is that powerful is "let's all make clerics" going to be any different? The problem is not the trend. The problem is content! If one spec offers more dps than another then obviously... that's the spec that will be used most. It's not rocket science. The really good warriors have worked to be that good. Most of the warriors in my guild are rolling Clerics.

    STOP NERFING AND ADD CONTENT

    P.S. See ya in the Warfronts!

    Gericho@Reclaimer LvL 50 R6 Cleric

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Uhh duh! PvE for better gear. Time to hit Hammersomthing...

  3. #3
    Telaran Gericho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clem_ View Post
    Uhh duh! PvE for better gear. Time to hit Hammersomthing...
    I hear ya. But I hate PvE. I only play mmorpg's to fight other players.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Rottweiler-STi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    4,252

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gericho View Post
    Hey guys! First let me shout out to the fellow Pvpers whether Guardian or Defiant. I love fighting in the warfronts with you guys and have had a blast! Whether win or lose this game's pvp content is borderline the best pvp I've ever played. However, I have noticed that my toon cannot progress. I have all the factions that matter. I have all the pvp gear R5/6. What am I supposed to do now? If it doesnt benefit me in the PvP realm of this game I don't care about it. Yes, I know PvP was an after thought. But, it should be given some serious attention based on it's quality of play. I'm sure a lot of you would agree that this game's pvp content is freaking awesome and tons of fun!

    Problems I've noticed at end game are as follows:

    Port Scion continues to offer quests after being Glorified that gives no benefit to the player.

    Gold Earned by killing players needs to be increased significantly.

    The DragonSlayer Covenant faction needs to be in alignment with other similar factions that provide kill based progression. (without questing) (belong's in a pve forum but thought I'd mention it)

    End game content and PvP ranking system needs to be continued past rank 6. There also needs to be more titles earned for PvPing. 50,000 kills and well over 1,000,000 favor earned and no titles? I got some goofy achievement instead.

    I understand your trend nerfs. "If everyone is two handed spec lets nerf two handers." Well let me ask this, if a cleric is that powerful is "let's all make clerics" going to be any different? The problem is not the trend. The problem is content! If one spec offers more dps than another then obviously... that's the spec that will be used most. It's not rocket science. The really good warriors have worked to be that good. Most of the warriors in my guild are rolling Clerics.

    STOP NERFING AND ADD CONTENT

    P.S. See ya in the Warfronts!

    Gericho@Reclaimer LvL 50 R6 Cleric
    you should work on your spec since you die so easy whenever i see you

  5. #5
    Telaran Gericho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rottweiler-STi View Post
    you should work on your spec since you die so easy whenever i see you
    True of all clerics when DPSing. I like to dps more now than ever. The cabalist line is so much fun.

  6. #6
    Telaran Gericho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gericho View Post
    True of all clerics when DPSing. I like to dps more now than ever. The cabalist line is so much fun.
    Ive never tried a melee cleric.. any know of a good melee dps spec? Those that Ive seen weren't that great but were still new lvl 50's.
    Last edited by Gericho; 06-13-2011 at 03:52 PM.

  7. #7
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gericho View Post
    Hey guys! First let me shout out to the fellow Pvpers whether Guardian or Defiant. I love fighting in the warfronts with you guys and have had a blast! Whether win or lose this game's pvp content is borderline the best pvp I've ever played. However, I have noticed that my toon cannot progress. I have all the factions that matter. I have all the pvp gear R5/6. What am I supposed to do now? If it doesnt benefit me in the PvP realm of this game I don't care about it. Yes, I know PvP was an after thought. But, it should be given some serious attention based on it's quality of play. I'm sure a lot of you would agree that this game's pvp content is freaking awesome and tons of fun!

    Problems I've noticed at end game are as follows:

    Port Scion continues to offer quests after being Glorified that gives no benefit to the player.

    Gold Earned by killing players needs to be increased significantly.

    The DragonSlayer Covenant faction needs to be in alignment with other similar factions that provide kill based progression. (without questing) (belong's in a pve forum but thought I'd mention it)

    End game content and PvP ranking system needs to be continued past rank 6. There also needs to be more titles earned for PvPing. 50,000 kills and well over 1,000,000 favor earned and no titles? I got some goofy achievement instead.

    I understand your trend nerfs. "If everyone is two handed spec lets nerf two handers." Well let me ask this, if a cleric is that powerful is "let's all make clerics" going to be any different? The problem is not the trend. The problem is content! If one spec offers more dps than another then obviously... that's the spec that will be used most. It's not rocket science. The really good warriors have worked to be that good. Most of the warriors in my guild are rolling Clerics.

    STOP NERFING AND ADD CONTENT

    P.S. See ya in the Warfronts!

    Gericho@Reclaimer LvL 50 R6 Cleric
    After getting my mage to pres6 i started working on getting my cleric there after that its my rogue. Congrats you won rift pvp, time to reroll.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

  8. #8
    Ascendant Eughe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,409

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gericho View Post
    Ive never tried a melee cleric.. any know of a good melee dps spec? Those that Ive seen weren't that great but were still new lvl 50's.
    Shaman puri x

    Shifting between shield and blessings, aoeing in groups, minor burst.
    Third souls is whatever you want to do with the remaining points. If you focus on jolt and not mb, get the self blessing and the spam able heal from puri I think you will have 10 points left (I think not at home ATM to see the build) you can add justi for more def and dol or Inq for dots and crit damage.

  9. #9
    Plane Touched Laplace's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    249

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gericho View Post
    Port Scion continues to offer quests after being Glorified that gives no benefit to the player.
    Turning in quests trigger npc strike forces. I'm guessing they leave the quests in the game so that we can still help our team spawning npc.
    Leoncoeur <HALT HAMMERZEIT>, R7 Warrior → 1026 Valor → Whitefall[PvP] Defiant

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gericho View Post
    R6, Faction all finished, now what?
    As if you weren't burned out enough on instanced combat, now you get to join the same warfronts over and over again and not gain anything. Get all the achievements and hope to gods Trion decided to make World PvP more frequent and enjoyable soon, or go run the same damn PvE instances over and over again until you feel like bashing your head into a wall. Good news, Trion is adding more and more instanced crap all the time. You can also go smash the same rifts over and over again, sure rifting is pretty boring and it's just a PvE grind, but you can farm planarite and eternal planar dust doing it. If you're lucky you may get some of the other faction trying to take your rift from you, so you'll actually get to use your gear open world.

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eughe View Post
    Shaman puri x
    Naw Shammy Warden. It's God Mode.

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara Kaladai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Granada
    Posts
    909

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gericho View Post
    There also needs to be more titles earned for PvPing. 50,000 kills and well over 1,000,000 favor earned and no titles? I got some goofy achievement instead.
    100.000 kills = the Exterminator. This title improve your e-peen greatly.

    I'm also R6 with all the **** maxed, and I'm still enjoying the PVP for the sake of PVP. I don't need a carrot on a stick to keep playing.
    Until you can win a entire WF alone and don't have fun while doing it, you aren't finished with the PVP of a game.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts