+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Mage Apology

  1. #1
    Ven
    Ven is offline
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    65

    Default Mage Apology

    I admit it.. I complained and QQ'd about being 2 and 3 shot by Mages. I wanted their instant damage reduced because it could be spammed on so many players so quickly (ever watch a Pyros 'target-of-target' and watch everything just plain DIE they can barely tab fast enough). As an assassin I could sneak up on them and make them pay for all those kills they were racking up so .. hey they have a counter lopsided kill wise as it is.

    But Despite That.. I APOLOGIZE TO YOU MAGES.

    Why?

    Look what the QQ'ing has brought us. Not a tweek to damage dealing but a total gutting of any class that relies on burst and crit. Unless of course if you have crazy high amounts of spell power for huge sustained DPS. Screw all you dumb melee'rs with your 1/10th Attack Power.

    So Mage: Sorry. But look at the bright side. You're being BUFFED relative to non-casters! (ROFL)

    Will anyone but Clerics be in WFs a week after 1.3 goes live? I doubt it.

  2. #2
    RIFT Guide Writer Hokonoso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    4,692

    Default

    nope, just clerics come 1.3. fortunately i have one ready
    Useful Rogue guides since I don't want to answer 50 billion questions anymore:
    Marksman, Ranger, Nightblade, Blink'Blade, Asstalker, Assdancer, and finally The Hoko Spec™
    Hoko, teaching noobs the way of rogue pve until 12/20/11.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Clerics don't have burst damage besides Soul Drain and Obliterate. Soul Drain is tricky to pull off and Obliterate requires you to play an extremely squishey build and has a 30 sec cooldown.

    Shaman has decent burst, but come 1.3 it will be useless.
    Last edited by Sundial; 06-13-2011 at 10:38 AM.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    Clerics don't have burst damage besides Soul Drain and Obliterate. Soul Drain is tricky to pull off and Obliterate requires you to play an extremely squishey build and has a 30 sec cooldown.

    Shaman has decent burst, but come 1.3 it will be useless.
    Another pitfal of obliterate is that you have to hit all the ticks with the channeled spell "decay" before you can use it effecively, and in 1.3 channeled spells automatically interrupt if line of sight is broken, or range is exceeded. Thus cabalist is becoming completely worthless.

  5. #5
    Shadowlander Excelsior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    39

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Another pitfal of obliterate is that you have to hit all the ticks with the channeled spell "decay" before you can use it effecively, and in 1.3 channeled spells automatically interrupt if line of sight is broken, or range is exceeded. Thus cabalist is becoming completely worthless.
    The Cabalist is far from dead. First off Decay is and instant w/o cooldown so if your target breaks LOS, you can simply recast it. The Lurking Decay stacks it creates are not a debuff applied to your target, but a stacking buff on yourself. Therefore you can target anything with a good LOS, pets, other enemies in combat against someone else then use Obliterate/Tyranny on another target. The change makes Cabalist slightly tougher to play, but its hardly worthless.
    Server: Sunrest Rp/PvP

    Glocknall: Dwarf Riftblade/Paladin/Beastmaster
    Excelsiorr: Dwarf Cleric Cabalist/Inquisitor/Druid
    Member of Vertias

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    Another pitfal of obliterate is that you have to hit all the ticks with the channeled spell "decay" before you can use it effecively, and in 1.3 channeled spells automatically interrupt if line of sight is broken, or range is exceeded. Thus cabalist is becoming completely worthless.
    Cabalist will be the best AoE dps spec in PvP come 1.3 because it has very little reliance on critical hit damage....

    Channeling changes should have been there from 1.0
    Last edited by Sundial; 06-13-2011 at 11:05 AM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior View Post
    The Cabalist is far from dead. First off Decay is and instant w/o cooldown so if your target breaks LOS, you can simply recast it. The Lurking Decay stacks it creates are not a debuff applied to your target, but a stacking buff on yourself. Therefore you can target anything with a good LOS, pets, other enemies in combat against someone else then use Obliterate/Tyranny on another target. The change makes Cabalist slightly tougher to play, but its hardly worthless.
    It's not instant at all, it fires the GCD, and the first tick doesn't happen immediately after cast. So in other words, if you can manage to hide in the background and not get harassed by side-strafing melee dps, you're right it's not entirely worthless if the situation behooves them. But it definitely loses some of it's potency in most normal encounters. Especially black garden.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 06-13-2011 at 11:15 AM.

  8. #8
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    781

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sinndel View Post
    It's not instant at all, it fires the GCD, and the first tick doesn't happen immediately after cast. So in other words, if you can manage to hide in the background and not get harassed by side-strafing melee dps, you're right it's not entirely worthless if the situation behooves them. But it definitely loses some of it's potency in most normal encounters. Especially black garden.
    A good trick I use is using it on peoples pets

  9. #9
    Ascendant Sinndel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,537

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sundial View Post
    A good trick I use is using it on peoples pets
    I do that too, if there are any. I've noticed a sharp decline in the number of pets being used in PvP.

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,707

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post
    So Mage: Sorry. But look at the bright side. You're being BUFFED relative to non-casters! (ROFL)
    No we're not. Chloros & Stormcaller (mage two most viable PVE specs) are getting a big fat nerf which is carrying over to PVP. Pyros are in process of being "looked at" (nerfed). That pretty much sums up mage dps. Oh, I forgot to mention necro locks - channeled spells now break on LOS or range. Then again they sucked in group combat already so who cares..

    About the only positive out of all of this is dominators won't be totally useless in 1.3.

    So yeah, mages got nerfed more than you.

  11. #11
    Ven
    Ven is offline
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    No we're not. Chloros & Stormcaller (mage two most viable PVE specs) are getting a big fat nerf which is carrying over to PVP. Pyros are in process of being "looked at" (nerfed). That pretty much sums up mage dps. Oh, I forgot to mention necro locks - channeled spells now break on LOS or range. Then again they sucked in group combat already so who cares..

    About the only positive out of all of this is dominators won't be totally useless in 1.3.

    So yeah, mages got nerfed more than you.
    Darnit. I was hoping that with Spellpower coefficients someone would have a chance in hell to kill the Clerics.

    As for the tangential pet as targets discussion - yep. When I use my roflBard spec I LOVE opponents pets. Something to build combo points on that will follow me around so I don't have to run into 20yd range (dumbest thing ever a support class that has to be in 20yd range) and be insta-killed. Sic your pets on me MORE PLEASE! Heck... usually I want to heal them somehow.

  12. #12
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    481

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ven View Post

    Will anyone but Clerics be in WFs a week after 1.3 goes live? I doubt it.
    Honestly, it's already happening. People are stacking clerics, and I only see it becoming MUCH worse when 1.3 hits.

    wtfareyoudoingtrion

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ururu View Post
    No we're not. Chloros & Stormcaller (mage two most viable PVE specs) are getting a big fat nerf which is carrying over to PVP. Pyros are in process of being "looked at" (nerfed). That pretty much sums up mage dps. Oh, I forgot to mention necro locks - channeled spells now break on LOS or range. Then again they sucked in group combat already so who cares..

    About the only positive out of all of this is dominators won't be totally useless in 1.3.

    So yeah, mages got nerfed more than you.

    As for mages, it's not before time. We just need Clerics reining in and we are gtg.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Emprahh View Post
    Honestly, it's already happening. People are stacking clerics, and I only see it becoming MUCH worse when 1.3 hits.

    wtfareyoudoingtrion
    I'm playing WF's now and Clerics are 40-50% of the callings being played - and I am erring on the conservative side as to not sound melodramatic.

  15. #15
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Look what the QQ'ing has brought us. Not a tweek to damage dealing but a total gutting of any class that relies on burst and crit. Unless of course if you have crazy high amounts of spell power for huge sustained DPS. Screw all you dumb melee'rs with your 1/10th Attack Power.
    To bad there's no earthly way to keep a melee off of you. Caster snares are worthless in this game.



    I've already cancelled my subscription. It's as sure as the sun will rise that what these Devs want are mana depletion wars of attrition in PvP. Tunnel visioned, macro melee aren't punished, and, hell, are even encouraged to wail on casters. Screw this. Put up with this in the first 5 seasons of WoW arena. So much for the "WoW-alternative".

    And to all the typical Cleric defenders in this thread: Do you think we care how amazing you feel about timing your casts, or what an amazingly in-depth PvPer you think it makes you? Bottom line: your unkillable. We don't care about your key pressing prowess.
    Last edited by Stewy; 06-13-2011 at 01:57 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts