+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior able to see through stealth.

Soulwalker

Default Warrior able to see through stealth.

I don't know if I'm missing something or if there's a warrior skill I'm not aware of.

When my character is in stealth a warrior is able to see through it, and come to my location and attack. If I use slip away and move the warrior follows and attacks again.

I've seen this happen several times in Port Scion, Whitefall Steppes and Codex.

The thing is it's only one warrior and every time it's the same warrior doing it. I've never seen any other warrior do it so it makes me wonder if this person is using some kind of hack.

If I'm wrong about this and there's a warrior ability I'm not aware of someone please tell me.

Beastmasters get stealth detection.
    Last edited by Sinndel; 06-13-2011 at 07:02 AM.

Soulwalker

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me

Quote Originally Posted by Toxygene View Post
    Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me
    NP, just remember though, if he's not a beastmaster, then something is still fishy.

I seriously doubt that he would be so open about it if he were hacking. As was pointed out, there are two talents in the BM tree specifically aimed at stealth detection.
    retired

Quote Originally Posted by Milen View Post
    I seriously doubt that he would be so open about it if he were hacking. As was pointed out, there are two talents in the BM tree specifically aimed at stealth detection.
    Happened all the time in Aion, and it wasn't subtle at all. Gladiators without stealth detection following the exact path stealth assassins were moving perfectly, and then AOEing them out of stealth. I find it more difficult to believe anyone actually specced that deep into beastmaster TBH lol. Just sayin' I wouldn't be suprised.

This.

Not only the warrior, anyone who is near the pet becomes a dangerous radar.
    Krissha@Zaviel
    Isabelpantoja@Zaviel

Good reason to actually run a BM build in WFs.

Especially these days.
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Rift Chaser

There are certain buffs (the entire list of which I don't actually know offhand) that "proc", and when they do, you can see them occur on a stealthed target. You might not see the stealthed person, but if you're observant, and see the swoosh of spell effects where no person is visible, then you've just located a stealthed target.

I routinely attack rogues out of their stealth by immediately approaching the area these buffs "flash" in if they are the type to think they're safe by standing still.

I assume it's a bug, but it's been around..well, always, so it's hardly anything new. Just saying, you don't necessarily need "stealth detection" to find a rogue in stealth.

Anyways, even if they aren't noticing the buff "flashes" on screen, you can still get lucky anticipating a rogue's movements when they slip away. As another poster stated, I doubt there are many Warriors who spec that deep into BM. I'd say there probably are none, but there are always unique snowflakes out there doing the different thing, so I'm sure there are one or two, but it's not something I'd ever expect. :/
    Last edited by Revial; 06-13-2011 at 10:14 AM.

+ Reply to Thread