+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Idea for balance PR1-PR6

Default Idea for balance PR1-PR6

I'm posting this here because it will get more attention. What if warfronts use the ascended courage buff like they do in lower level warfronts? So when a level 20 enters a warfront with level 29s, he gets buffed. When a PR1 person goes into a warfront with PR6 people, he gets a buff. It will help level the playing field a bit.
    Last edited by Hartzekar; 06-13-2011 at 05:52 AM.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    <Celestial Might> [Retired: Hartzekarr and Greogard]
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Shadowlander

Not trying to start a trollfest but if they did what would be the point in grinding to get PR6 gear?

Not a buff to make it equal, because in a warfront the person who's higher level obviously has an advantage, but it makes it a lil less unfair
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight
    My CD is now available for purchase here: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/opus-1/id580677269

Shadowlander

I see your point and I know from experience that there is a yawning chasm between R1 and R6, I just levelled a tank and was being steamrolled by everyone before I could rebuff.

Maybe a freebie item for completing X amount of 50 WFs that gives Valour?

or something like this:

http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...50-WF-s-please

1. Put all servers in the same WF queue
    2. Match players of equal pvp rank first, if none are available, THEN start merging players together
    3. Players pvp against more equal geared opponents, skill becomes more important than gear and everyone wins (except for those who use gear as a crutch)
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Freebie items would only promote people not trying and working together. Something to make up for lack of gear sorta would make skill a more dominant component.
    Piras@Faeblight
    Elsing@Faeblight

I finally hit rank 4 this weekend so I am having fun again on a solo basis. The warfronts on a whole are still wildly unbalanced with more high rankings on the other faction, so as a rogue there is only so much I can do to save my lower ranked teammates from inevitable death. At the current system, it is very unappealing to level another character to 50 in order to painfully wade through the silliness that occurs in warfronts from ranks 1 through 3. I agree with the concept that some sort of balance should occur. Based on the information released as well as preexisting situation, cleric is looking like the least painful to go forward with. For anyone who uses melee weapons, I suggest doing pve up to T2 if you want to enjoy the lower pvp ranks more.

~Cheers

Lion of Kaleida

Soulwalker

After winning just one of 12 warfronts this morning and wondering if I was alone I am glad to see this thread opened and I have to add my voice to those seeking balance in pvp. Pre level 50 I actually enjoyed the warfronts, entering the battle with the concept that as I played I could level and reach those new pieces of pvp gear that would help me through and if I was frustrated at level 20 I could go and quest for a few levels and then come back and try again.

Now I have entered level 50 warfronts, I was amazed that in my first battle I was one shotted so many times and that I felt that I was targetted as easy favor/prestige. So amid much frustration in trying to win I finally ground my way up to prestige level 2. Now I have the chance to survive for 4 shots wearing almost a full set of valor gear against those in p6 gear. Now I have the tedious task of grinding up even further followed by more grinding and then even more, all the while suffering the frustrations of being killed almost instantly and waiting on long re spawn times for little gain or reward. On an even playing field you die you learn and come back with a new idea, and in the end gain favor and prestige.

before each battle I check the lists and at the end I check them again to see how the numbers stack up. If pre game they are a mixed lot from various servers it becomes a 50/50 who will win and the chances of gaining favor/prestige is good, if 7 of the 10 on their team are from one server it lends to the idea it is a well geared pre made and you are gauranteed to have it handed to you. In a total mix I will gain on average 30-60 honor kills with ea kill awarding fav/prest and I know that the guardian side is in the same range. In battles where they are mostly from one server I find the numbers for our side ranging from 6-12 honor kills. Each HK awards aprox 20 prest and some favor checking opposing numbers and they are in the 50+ honor kill range. Doing the math it creates an even longer grind to get to the level you need to be able to enjoy warfronts again and that causes many to avoid even trying warfronts.

I don't mind dying in a fair fight, I just hate dying unfairly.
    Last edited by Chrolos; 06-13-2011 at 08:11 AM.

Soulwalker

How about just seperate the Tiers like they do the levels? T1-T2 Queue together, T3-T4 Queue together, T5-T6 queue together.

Quote Originally Posted by Vultan_Blackstar View Post
    How about just seperate the Tiers like they do the levels? T1-T2 Queue together, T3-T4 Queue together, T5-T6 queue together.
    I like this idea as well, but the concern with segregating the ranks is slowing down the qeues. Take my cluster for instance, it has degraded to a state where even if you split the ranks into two tiers of 1-3 and 4-6, the large population of high ranking guardians would be waiting in line to take on the small amounts of high ranking defiants; conversely, the large population of low ranking defiants would be waiting for more guardians to level from 49 to 50 to qeue against.

~Cheers

Lion of Kaleida

Quote Originally Posted by Hartzekar View Post
    I'm posting this here because it will get more attention. What if warfronts use the ascended courage buff like they do in lower level warfronts? So when a level 20 enters a warfront with level 29s, he gets buffed. When a PR1 person goes into a warfront with PR6 people, he gets a buff. It will help level the playing field a bit.
    How about we just keep it the way it is. Completely fine. At lower level you already get a buffer in wafronts am I wrong? I never had any issues leveling up in warfronts, sure when you first enter the tier your not going to be godmode but eh. I had no problem topping charts and winning from p1 all the way to p6.

Quote Originally Posted by Marnos View Post
    I like this idea as well, but the concern with segregating the ranks is slowing down the qeues. Take my cluster for instance, it has degraded to a state where even if you split the ranks into two tiers of 1-3 and 4-6, the large population of high ranking guardians would be waiting in line to take on the small amounts of high ranking defiants; conversely, the large population of low ranking defiants would be waiting for more guardians to level from 49 to 50 to qeue against.

~Cheers

Lion of Kaleida
    merge more server's queues or all server's into one queue...problem solved
    Last edited by xeshaka; 06-13-2011 at 10:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Ven
    Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Vultan_Blackstar View Post
    Something like that - but it'd be easy to prevent long queues and still 'reward' geared players:

Just make the WF more balanced by building the queue as follow:

Repeat Until WF Full:
    1 player from P5/6
    1 player from P3/4
    1 player from P1/2
    Repeat

When any one of those tiers is depleted it just fills in - but atleast there'd be some attempt at balancing the WF overall and it doesn't lengthen queue times.

Quote Originally Posted by xeshaka View Post
    merge more server's queues or all server's into one queue...problem solved
    I certainly agree with you, I guess I was blocking this idea mentally because I presumed if it were possible, they would have done this by now.

~Regards

Lion of Kaleida

I would like to see WF as balanced as possible gear wise. I want a chess match. If I'm good at chess, I dont need more queens.

That said, there needs to be something else - most likely open world PvP - where all the little toys I got from playing get put to use. So PvP gear would excel at castle sieges or whatever. tbh, I dont know why they dont put hit/focus on it so you could use it for raiding as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast