+ Reply to Thread

Thread: free valor for level 50s = bad idea, go with crafted blue set instead

Rift Master

Default free valor for level 50s = bad idea, go with crafted blue set instead

I understand the reasoning behind this change. You want fresh 50s to have a fighting chance when they queue up for WFs, and even a medium amount of valor should help offset the gear disparity at least a smidgen.

One problem: people wearing T2 pve gear get the same free valor. Much as it frustrates new players to fight those R5/6 juggernauts, I really don't think it'll be much more fun going up against full T2 players with valor.

A better solution: affordable crafted valor sets with ~66% of the stats of R1/2 gear. That's a significant step up for fresh 50s. It also encourages player interaction and professions. Best of all: it doesn't buff pve gear for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post
    I understand the reasoning behind this change. You want fresh 50s to have a fighting chance when they queue up for WFs, and even a medium amount of valor should help offset the gear disparity at least a smidgen.

One problem: people wearing T2 pve gear get the same free valor. Much as it frustrates new players to fight those R5/6 juggernauts, I really don't think it'll be much more fun going up against full T2 players with valor.

A better solution: affordable crafted valor sets with ~66% of the stats of R1/2 gear. That's a significant step up for fresh 50s. It also encourages player interaction and professions. Best of all: it doesn't buff pve gear for pvp.
    Or full T3 players with valor ... lol.

Soulwalker

I dont understand why everyone is concered about valor gear? I got full rank 1 and 2 sets before i dinged. Just crafted weapons and i was rdy to go. Ofc theres not a chance against rank 6 but still im playing there and doing what i can

Theres very high chance that this will ruin warfronts and all pvp actions
    Last edited by Mykk; 06-13-2011 at 03:00 AM.

Default free toughness too?

So do R1's get welfare toughness now? It's not fair that Pve hits pvp'ers so hard. Where's out free stats?
    Shayde@Seastone

IPP in general and Crystal Depths especially is where you can find, loot some ... if you're lucky.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Arcshayde View Post
    So do R1's get welfare toughness now? It's not fair that Pve hits pvp'ers so hard. Where's out free stats?
    I think this needs to be reviewed. I leveled my second 50 and I to need to feel "competitive" in the pve environment without working for it. Please at level 50 give us the same pve required stats as is being implemented for pvp.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrial View Post
    I think this needs to be reviewed. I leveled my second 50 and I to need to feel "competitive" in the pve environment without working for it. Please at level 50 give us the same pve required stats as is being implemented for pvp.
    I was just thinking the same thing. If PvE gear has PvP stats, PvP gear should have PvE stats. It's only fair.

Rift Disciple

PVP gears need Toughness and HITS added to stats.

No Questions about it.

Quote Originally Posted by comicbookguy View Post
    PVP gears need Toughness and HITS added to stats.

No Questions about it.
    No, not added to the stats, that would remove some of the stats we want on the gear.

Just like the PvE's get an inherent amount of valor, our hit and toughness should be inherent as well, THAT would be fair.

I don't really care one way or the other about the freebie valor to newcomers in PvP, it's probably for the best for actualy newbie 50's. There needs to be a gear check or something before it's applied though, T2/3 geared PvE'rs shouldn't get all the perks of PvE and half the perks of PvP when they may have never earned a single point of favor in a match.

Cheers.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post
    No, not added to the stats, that would remove some of the stats we want on the gear.

Just like the PvE's get an inherent amount of valor, our hit and toughness should be inherent as well, THAT would be fair.

I don't really care one way or the other about the freebie valor to newcomers in PvP, it's probably for the best for actualy newbie 50's. There needs to be a gear check or something before it's applied though, T2/3 geared PvE'rs shouldn't get all the perks of PvE and half the perks of PvP when they may have never earned a single point of favor in a match.

Cheers.
    Winner winner chicken dinner! I'm not exactly sure why these companies continue to treat the pvp population with such indifference. Yes both pve and pvp players are passionate about these types of games, but if you are not ready to match that passion; don't get involved in this industry.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by handerhank View Post

They are doing the change for the exact reason you say they shouldnt. those pvers are hitting a wf and getting creamed, they are the games main focus, they are getting free valor to help them compete.

Not gona coment on right or wrong just stating the fact, they want to keep thier pve'rs as happy as possable.

All of us that are looking for a more pvp center game are jumping ship as soon as one is released and they know that.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Zen Nashton View Post
    All of us that are looking for a more pvp center game are jumping ship as soon as one is released and they know that.
    True ^^
    But trion doesn´t make that a very hard decision atm

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post
    There needs to be a gear check or something before it's applied though, T2/3 geared PvE'rs shouldn't get all the perks of PvE and half the perks of PvP when they may have never earned a single point of favor in a match.
    Agreed. Just have it so if you have a piece of gear (any piece of gear) on at any time from the new raid zone instance then your valor buff goes away. Or have them have a -Valor stat on them so it scales (1 piece = -10, 2 = -25, etc).

Rift Disciple

They are basically just reducing dmg in pvp at 50 by a set %, by using the valor stat.

It doesn't effect anyone more then anyone else, as far as gear is concerned.

Pvp geared players still get the extra reduction as well.

The end result is ALL damage at 50 against players is reduced by 10%.

Damage against players is too high, they are reducing it.

Personally I think they fail to realize why damage feels like too much, it's not that it can't be healed through it is because player health pools are stupidly low compared to dps levels after gearing up. They can never balance damage and healing with these health levels imo.

+ Reply to Thread