+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP quests - kill quests, and the like, that the individual can get

Telaran

Default PvP quests - kill quests, and the like, that the individual can get

The one daily isn't enough. I really want keeps to fight over, I would be happy with something like Thidranki, but giving people something else to obtain while in the same 4 WF's (as we wait for the PvP patch) will encourage people to PvP more.

The rewards could be another type of currency and maybe some gold. The currency can be used to purchase stuff like power and heal pots. You could even make the merchandise usable only in PvP zones to make the PvE crowd happy. We certainly don't make enough $$$ in WF's to pay the price of pots at the auction.

How bout this:

daily:
    Kill 20 enemy players Stillmoor/shimmersand/Ipp (alternates just like the craft dailies)
    reward
    600 favor
    800 prestige
    600 notoriety with Mathos/DS/icewatch
    chance to get pvp plaque or some other currency that can be used to buy stuff

Weekly:
    kill 50 players in each end-game zone
    Plaque guaranteed
    1200 favor
    1600 prestige

Only something this simple would draw lots of people into these zones who want to fight (lowbies who quest in the daily zone have to be extra careful or be fodder). To spice things up weight some values so that invasions are more likely to happen in the daily zone.
    Last edited by Laplace; 06-13-2011 at 01:23 AM.
    Leoncoeur <HALT HAMMERZEIT>, R7 Warrior → 1026 Valor → Whitefall[PvP] Defiant

Telaran

That doesn't really work for PvE servers. There isn't a hot zone that everyone goes to for open world PvP and it would be even harder to find on a PvE server.

Isn't there already open world PvP quests in some zones? I am hoping for incentives to get people in the WF's.

There is 329859835 types of currency - why not add another one for PvP that we can spend on pots?

edit - I am not saying that they shouldn't be implemented, I think they would be a good addition as well.
    Last edited by C.C. Ryder; 06-13-2011 at 01:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by C.C. Ryder View Post
    That doesn't really work for PvE servers. There isn't a hot zone that everyone goes to for open world PvP and it would be even harder to find on a PvE server.

Isn't there already open world PvP quests in some zones? I am hoping for incentives to get people in the WF's.

There is 329859835 types of currency - why not add another one for PvP that we can spend on pots?

edit - I am not saying that they shouldn't be implemented, I think they would be a good addition as well.
    The point of this would be to make a hot zone. If everyone on both factions got a quest to kill players in a particular location (and the reward is right) people would go there and there would be fights.

I don't see why this wouldn't work on PvE servers as well? Those who want to fight (Im sure some people want to fight on PvE servers as well, otherwise they shouldnt have the option to play warfronts at all) can go there and flag themselves for pvp, and the carebears can stay in meridian queuing the dungeons like usual.

Obviously this might not be the best idea but it is a simple idea that took 10 sec to come up with and would give 10hrs of fun each week. At least for me.

As far as I know there is an existing open world pvp quest. It requires you to kill 5 players in scarwood reach... This i no where near enough and not very fun at lvl50 either
    Last edited by Laplace; 06-13-2011 at 01:41 AM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Laplace View Post
    The point of this would be to make a hot zone. If everyone on both factions got a quest to kill players in a particular location (and the reward is right) people would go there and there would be fights.

I don't see why this wouldn't work on PvE servers as well? Those who want to fight (Im sure some people want to fight on PvE servers as well, otherwise they shouldnt have the option to play warfronts at all) can go there and flag themselves for pvp, and the carebears can stay in meridian queuing the dungeons like usual.

Obviously this might not be the best idea but it is a simple idea that took 10 sec to come up with and would give 10hrs of fun each week. At least for me.

As far as I know there is an existing open world pvp quest. It requires you to kill 5 players in scarwood reach... This i no where near enough and not very fun at lvl50 either

Got ya and I hear ya.

Add some more ideas that could encourage more PvP, elaborate on your idea, or expand on the new currency idea and what it could be used for if you have them.

Maybe someone will come up with something great - the devs do show up from time to time. What else is there to do right now- servers are down during my play time, ha.

In addition I wanted to remind folks that the notes posted here are not exhaustive of all of the items in 1.3, just the major balance changes. There will be some additional content released in 1.3 that will lay the inital groundwork for additional open world PVP content that will be released in 1.4, 1.5 and beyond.

This includes
    Improved warfront matchmaking
    Open world PVP faction & daily quests
    Additional pvp rewards including lower level valor gear & higher level PvP oriented lesser essences
    http://forums.riftgame.com/showthrea...=1#post2593650

Telaran

Ha - I did not see that.

Thanks a ton!

Nice one. Good to see that they are on it. Looking forward to 1.3 now (well not really, but that's because of the warrior changes)

No! We should not have WoW styled PvP rewards that let everyone rank 6 in under a week without leaving the capital, that would completely kill world PvP which is practically dead already. Never suggest such a stupid idea again OP.

As for the SP, I agree, world PvP daily would be a definite plus. The only problem is Trion lied when it said the game was built from the ground up for PvP, as evidenced by the numerous PvE servers where your suggestion would be impossible without some sort of RvR for everyone.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Laplace View Post
    How bout this:

daily:
    Kill 20 enemy players Stillmoor/shimmersand/Ipp (alternates just like the craft dailies)
    reward

Weekly:
    kill 50 players in each end-game zone
    I'd trade all the PVE content added since release, and all future PVE content for the next 6 months, for that ( and maybe some PVP towers thing? )

That doesn't really work for PvE servers.
    It would work, if people want to complete the quest?
    They want to complete the quest, so they flag themselves for pvp.
    Another player wants to complete the quest, so he flags himself as well.
    Both players see each others.
    ???
    profit

It wouldn't work for people who don't want to pvp and thus don't want to complete a pvp quest.
    But it's just... as intended? If they don't want to complete the quest by PVP'ing, they don't complete it and that's it?

I don't complete dungeons quests because I don't feel like running dungeons. There's no problem with that?
    It's the same situation, but pvp rather than pve.

free transfers
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    No! We should not have WoW styled PvP rewards that let everyone rank 6 in under a week without leaving the capital, that would completely kill world PvP which is practically dead already. Never suggest such a stupid idea again OP.

As for the SP, I agree, world PvP daily would be a definite plus. The only problem is Trion lied when it said the game was built from the ground up for PvP, as evidenced by the numerous PvE servers where your suggestion would be impossible without some sort of RvR for everyone.

I played WoW in beta. I don't know a damn thing about WoW PvP, other than the kids who learned how to PvP there suck and are free kills.
    Last edited by C.C. Ryder; 06-13-2011 at 02:26 PM.

+ Reply to Thread