+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: If PVP healing is too strong...

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    378

    Default If PVP healing is too strong...

    Then add an incoming healing debuff proc to PVP weapons. Maybe -10% for p4 and -20% for p6. Stacks with other healing debuffs, but not with itself.


    This reduces healing and makes PVP weapons better for PVP than PVE weapons. Easy fix.

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,364

    Default

    The problem is that PvP needs to be balanced are what good players can do and not bad ones. The problem with that is that the majority of the players that play games are bad. So it seems unbalanced to them and then all of the bads complain. The game designers react realizing this is a buisness and end up destroying their game.

    Anyway Heal debuffs on weapons is not needed. People need to learn to focus or just play better in general.

    I kind of like the idea for PvP weapons, but I think its already way to easy to kill people in this game.

  3. #3
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    42

    Default

    If PvP healing is sooo OP, why no one wants to heal in WFs?

  4. #4
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Looking at the patch notes so far regarding PvP, it seems that people die too fast and not the other way round. So Trion is making people sturdier across the board. No changes on healing that I've seen, although even more souls are getting anti-heal tools in next patch. The problem is that people don't use even the currently provided tools. How many teams are running with a heal debuffer? From my own experience only some premades.

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    Then add an incoming healing debuff proc to PVP weapons. Maybe -10% for p4 and -20% for p6. Stacks with other healing debuffs, but not with itself.
    A PvP rune that does this would be great.

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    It's not just PvP healing, it's that healing doesn't scale with valor and shields, and there are wardens who can just spam heal themselves and the entire raid with hots in EZ Mode healing, and while one of them alone may not be too bad (though in the right spec and gear, still practically unkillable 1v1) more than one warden can rain heals down on everyone faster than most anyone can dps.

    So who's burning people down in seconds? Mostly Mages, and sometimes marksmen.

    Solution? Buff Valor for everyone?

  7. #7
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    480

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    It's not just PvP healing, it's that healing doesn't scale with valor and shields, and there are wardens who can just spam heal themselves and the entire raid with hots in EZ Mode healing, and while one of them alone may not be too bad (though in the right spec and gear, still practically unkillable 1v1) more than one warden can rain heals down on everyone faster than most anyone can dps.

    So who's burning people down in seconds? Mostly Mages, and sometimes marksmen.

    Solution? Buff Valor for everyone?
    Yes, well, it seems that unlike what people posting on these forums think, the metrics gathered by Trion show that people die way too fast in PvP. Kind of hilarious really, all these crys about nerf healing, while the reality of the situation is that the current healing potential is not good enough to keep people alive apparently.

  8. #8
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    if you think healing is 2 strong i think u need some marksmen rougues and champion warriors with gear attacking the healers. they die fast

  9. #9
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Harumph View Post
    Then add an incoming healing debuff proc to PVP weapons. Maybe -10% for p4 and -20% for p6. Stacks with other healing debuffs, but not with itself.


    This reduces healing and makes PVP weapons better for PVP than PVE weapons. Easy fix.
    Healers feel entitled to this Valor crutch. And these Devs are too happy to oblige. Good luck though.

  10. #10
    Plane Touched phantiasmic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    214

    Default

    I happen to be "one of those wardens" you speak of and yes I sure can keep a lot of people up..... BUT if the other team has any brains at all, they know to target me and CC me etc... and if they are SMART enough to do that it becomes a different fight.

    Again, people need to learn how to play pvp.

    If me and a few other healers are aoe healing vs. random scrubs who don't focus fire and don't know how to find us healers = we win

    If above scenario happens and other team knows who the healers are (which people know my toon now LOL) then they knock me out of the picture somehow or focus fire me down and fight is much more interesting.

    And smarts make a huge difference, I have run into chloro healers that were extremely tough to kill so it is NOT just cleric healers, but a R6 chloro healer out in the field of battle can be amazingly effective and hard to kill also.

  11. #11
    Ascendant Visions's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Topeka, Kansas
    Posts
    2,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    It's not just PvP healing, it's that healing doesn't scale with valor and shields, and there are wardens who can just spam heal themselves and the entire raid with hots in EZ Mode healing, and while one of them alone may not be too bad (though in the right spec and gear, still practically unkillable 1v1) more than one warden can rain heals down on everyone faster than most anyone can dps.

    So who's burning people down in seconds? Mostly Mages, and sometimes marksmen.

    Solution? Buff Valor for everyone?
    Why don't you have someone use the instant cast Blight, and strip all those HoTs, while also applying a 50% heal reduction?

    Wait, you're choosing to let the Warden do what he wants, so you can complain about it.


    MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    10

    Default

    I think that valor reducing damage but not healing creates an increasing gap in how effective healing is the higher your gear rank is.

    Yea you can kill the healer, but good luck doing that if they are wearing R6 gear and you arn't. It's not going to happen, if you're wearing r6 gear as well you could probably kill them if someone else helped, but good luck getting r6 gear when warfronts is usually guardians farming defiants (which I happen to be). + the healer will probably getting heals not only from himself but from someone else, and 2 healers = 4+ hardcore dpser's focus fire

    Healing already out does damage, the only advantage damage has is that if it spikes you too fast you can't out heal it.

    However if you have valor to reduce this damage, + good stats from high ranking gear then you can outheal focus fire pretty easily especially when many heals don't require you to be stationary.. while mage dps does.

    people qq about fulminate but the reality is that fulminate hits r6 clerics for like 1800 damage, that's with ~ 800 spell power and 600 crit, that's nothing flash, but there is plenty people with stats much worse than that.

    they could give the pvp weapons anti healing procs or silence procs or something like that, that would be nice.

    correct me if i'm wrong, but the two mage classes that can counter healing are necro/dominator, both of which don't do much pvp damage.. so you can debuff a healer sure, but you won't do enough damage to kill them + pugs don't communicate other than expressing rage and trolling
    Last edited by Isiloon; 06-13-2011 at 02:42 PM.
    LVL 50 mageCrucia server

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    4

    Default

    Healing is not the problem, if u look at the people who say the healing is OP thay are rank 1-3 trying to kill rank6 cleric or pve geared people trying to kill pvp geared people. Go gear yourself with decent stuff and learn how to play your character. im cleric rank5 soon 6 and any well play character can kill me if they are geared at the same lv that me. Sure i can tank 3-4 peopel at once if the are all rank1-2 or pve geared its normal but add 1 geared MM or Champ or pyro criting me for 4k forget that im dead !!

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    776

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Isiloon View Post
    I think that valor reducing damage but not healing creates an increasing gap in how effective healing is the higher your gear rank is.

    Yea you can kill the healer, but good luck doing that if they are wearing R6 gear and you arn't. It's not going to happen, if you're wearing r6 gear as well you could probably kill them if someone else helped, but good luck getting r6 gear when warfronts is usually guardians farming defiants (which I happen to be). + the healer will probably getting heals not only from himself but from someone else, and 2 healers = 4+ hardcore dpser's focus fire

    Healing already out does damage, the only advantage damage has is that if it spikes you too fast you can't out heal it.

    However if you have valor to reduce this damage, + good stats from high ranking gear then you can outheal focus fire pretty easily especially when many heals don't require you to be stationary.. while mage dps does.

    people qq about fulminate but the reality is that fulminate hits r6 clerics for like 1800 damage, that's with ~ 800 spell power and 600 crit, that's nothing flash, but there is plenty people with stats much worse than that.

    they could give the pvp weapons anti healing procs or silence procs or something like that, that would be nice.

    correct me if i'm wrong, but the two mage classes that can counter healing are necro/dominator, both of which don't do much pvp damage.. so you can debuff a healer sure, but you won't do enough damage to kill them + pugs don't communicate other than expressing rage and trolling
    Trion has a different opinion and they have all the data.

    How does it feel to be both wrong and a baddie?

  15. #15
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    246

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hellminster View Post
    If PvP healing is sooo OP, why no one wants to heal in WFs?
    Well i can only talk for myself but I hate healing in wf's. Main healing I should say, I dont mind trowing out heals to the fang holder or someone holding the flag.

    The reason I hate it is i can not stand to focus so much on our players litle health boxes, targeting them, pushing heal.

    I want to wacth and pretisapate in the fight not stare at health bars. Its a good thing some people can find enjoyment in doing it but i am not one of them.

    Best my team gets from me is aoe healing or single focus heals, not gonna stare at those bars and heal who's hurt or fixing to die, just aint gonna do that.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts