+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Yep, PVP in this game is horrible!

Rift Disciple

Default Yep, PVP in this game is horrible!

I know this has been posted somewhere but I will add my $.02:

First, there is way, way, way, too much crowd control in this game. From my experience, there are too many stuns, locks, incapacitating abilities etc... to the point where it is very difficult to engage an opponent on a consistent basis either by hand to hand or magical abilities. I am in favor of having these abilities but not in its present form.

Second, if you can make it through the "First" there are too many pets. Virtually every class has a pet which in my view is not needed. Sorry, Rogues and Warriors don't need pets. I even play a Rogue and feel they are not needed.

There are probably several other reasons to add to my opinion but these are the two that come to mind most often. All in all the game is good but PVP is bad. I still enjoy it and will continue to play but come the end of my subscription I am really not sure I will continue. There are a couple of other games coming out soon that look like they have potential and I am not talking Star Wars.

Anywhoo, intelligent responses welcome.

G

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Gueneveve View Post
    I know this has been posted somewhere but I will add my $.02:

First, there is way, way, way, too much crowd control in this game. From my experience, there are too many stuns, locks, incapacitating abilities etc... to the point where it is very difficult to engage an opponent on a consistent basis either by hand to hand or magical abilities. I am in favor of having these abilities but not in its present form.

Second, if you can make it through the "First" there are too many pets. Virtually every class has a pet which in my view is not needed. Sorry, Rogues and Warriors don't need pets. I even play a Rogue and feel they are not needed.

There are probably several other reasons to add to my opinion but these are the two that come to mind most often. All in all the game is good but PVP is bad. I still enjoy it and will continue to play but come the end of my subscription I am really not sure I will continue. There are a couple of other games coming out soon that look like they have potential and I am not talking Star Wars.

Anywhoo, intelligent responses welcome.

G
    You should of tried PvP before the nerfed CC.

Nevermind. Gah.
    Last edited by Odamir; 06-12-2011 at 09:11 AM.
    ((A gentleman never speaks out of bracket.))

Sometimes one must cast aside nobility in order to see justice done - Odamir the Lion

Telaran

There are certainly issues with pvp, and what you listed has nothing to do with them.

Rift Master

Second, if you can make it through the "First" there are too many pets. Virtually every class has a pet which in my view is not needed. Sorry, Rogues and Warriors don't need pets. I even play a Rogue and feel they are not needed.G
    Virtually every class has a magical ability.
    Virtually every class has a melee ability.
    Virtually every class has a CC ability.
    What?

The only problem I have with CC is that there are more ways to CC someone than there are ways to bypass it or get through it. Other than that, it's a tactic I have to learn to get around.

As for pets, yes, I hate them too but they are needed with some classes. I do not agree with how far they can chase someone. It's as if a pet owner can say - go attack this person and I'lll take the bus downtown to get a burrito, when I get back we can share it. The range is way to far and LOS means nothing to a pet. So when you have 5 pets chasing one person and the owners are nowhere to be seen (as in not in target range) - that's a little on the insane side.

Otherwise - enjoying PvP immensely.
    I hate people, and yes, that almost surely means you.

Soulwalker

First, there is way, way, way, too much crowd control in this game.
    It's nearly impossible to get CC to stick long enough to matter with how aggressive DRs are in this game.

How can CC be a problem?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Moirweyn View Post
    I do not agree with how far they can chase someone. It's as if a pet owner can say - go attack this person and I'lll take the bus downtown to get a burrito, when I get back we can share it. The range is way to far and LOS means nothing to a pet. So when you have 5 pets chasing one person and the owners are nowhere to be seen (as in not in target range) - that's a little on the insane side.
    Heh. As I pet owner I somewhat agree. Many times I'm left wondering, now where the **** did my pet go?

Prophet of Telara

Whats the current leash range on the pets again? What do warriors currently hit when their pet dies in pvp? Rogues are doing enough damage and have enough souls with kiting tools to not need a pet in pvp.
    As others have said in other threads the issues with crowd control is that all damage orientated souls also have too many options for crowd control as well. this is the main problem leading to too much cc.

1.3 is rumored to nerf damage with the valor changes. Maybe it will be worth queuing again for pvp but since warriors looked to be screwed out of a dps role I doubt I'll be bothering if current rumored 1.3 goes live.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Detill5869 View Post
    1.3 is rumored to nerf damage with the valor changes. Maybe it will be worth queuing again for pvp but since warriors looked to be screwed out of a dps role I doubt I'll be bothering if current rumored 1.3 goes live.
    The stated intent for warriors is to reduce the reliance on SLI for dps builds by moving it higher into the paragon tree, not nerfing warrior dps. But yeah, it remains to be seen.

+ Reply to Thread