+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 50% Of All PvP Players Heal

Rift Master

Default 50% Of All PvP Players Heal

Look at Healing Done during a Warfront, I was shocked to see that just about half of every one playing is on that list and about a 1/3 of account for more than half of total healing done.

Too much healing in Rift, so much PvP is just not as exciting and fun as it could/should be. We all want healers, but not this much.

I'm sure Trion has ways of collecting in-game data, just look at the sheer amount of healing in Warfronts!

The first rule of PvP, and Warfronts, Battlegrounds, whatever. Trust no one but yourself to heal.

That being said, in the last 12 or so warfronts I've done in about 2 days, I've only seen a handful of Clerics that were specc'd to heal properly. Just because a class HAS a way to heal itself doesn't make them a good party healer, or a PvP healer.

Rift Master

Warriors can't really even heal themselves unless they are tanks. BM has a bad heal tied to their pet at 31, but if you're 31 BM and trying to PvP, you're no threat.

Rift Disciple

You're probably looking at the heal numbers from all the necrolocks with soul purge.

If 100% of all players in a Warfront should heal, if you're not, you're not playing well enough. They have single target healing potions, group healing potions, and rift consumables that do damage, and HEAL YOU.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    We all meet as equals on the battlefield, but we don't leave as such.
    Topeka Photography

Plane Touched

Now where did my stupid pyro put that heal button?
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

Ascendant

a ton of this is the guild buff bloodthirst healing you for every killing blow.
    The artist formerly known as Daroof

Mofugga-bethlam

Bloodthirsty procs/Consumables affect your healing done in WFs. I can beat bad healing clerics in a 51 sin spec.
    Last edited by Krazer; 06-12-2011 at 04:59 PM.

Rift Master

The total amount of healing in warfronts in rift is over the top. Whatever the source as it stands today the team that heals more wins.

Rift PvP is World of Healing! I'm not sure what can be done about it seeing how talents are in Rift -so many choices with so many souls.

It seems you either nurf ALL healing done in warfronts and effectively all healers spec DPS or you increase every ones survivability by buffing valor -which is what the are doing.

By buffing valor they have also announced that THEY WANT PvP to have as little player death as possible as the healers that were near impossible to kill now can more or less stand still and free cast -exaggeration but we are not far off.

Seems as if Sara Palin is responsible for PvP in Rift!

Era
    Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Cempa View Post
    The total amount of healing in warfronts in rift is over the top. Whatever the source as it stands today the team that heals more wins.

Rift PvP is World of Healing! I'm not sure what can be done about it seeing how talents are in Rift -so many choices with so many souls.

It seems you either nurf ALL healing done in warfronts and effectively all healers spec DPS or you increase every ones survivability by buffing valor -which is what the are doing.

By buffing valor they have also announced that THEY WANT PvP to have as little player death as possible as the healers that were near impossible to kill now can more or less stand still and free cast -exaggeration but we are not far off.

Seems as if Sara Palin is responsible for PvP in Rift!
    To be honest, the valor buff was needed in order to give players who don't have gear yet a fighting chance since P6s can easily 2-gcd new 50s (in epics, not greens). The crit reduction is a bit overboard yes, but testing will eventually have it reduced (can't really test on the PTS).
    Era - Defiant - Byriel
    Former Owner of RiftLift

Can you show me one Warfront where one healers heals were over 1 million? I can show you dozens where one person scores over 1 million in damage.

And when you think you've heard all the exaggerations, you're given this guy.

Time to kill will still be far shorter than any other PvP game on the market. Your point? I thought they had no healing in FPS games?
    Last edited by Visions; 06-12-2011 at 08:02 PM.

MMORPG played: Everquest I, Dark Age of Camelot, Dungeons and Dragons Online, Everquest II, Aion, Warhammer Online, and Fallen Earth (BETA only).
    Topeka Photography

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    Can you show me one Warfront where one healers heals were over 1 million? I can show you dozens where one person scores over 1 million in damage.
    Very interested in seeing dozens of screenshots where one person scores over 1 mill damage in a Warfront..

I look forward,
    Last edited by Slipperypescado; 06-12-2011 at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipperypescado View Post
    Very interested in seeing dozens of screenshots where one person scores over 1 mill damage in a Warfront..

I look forward,
    You must have missed the thread on it. Show me just one where a Cleric can heal that much first.

Topeka Photography

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Visions View Post
    You must have missed the thread on it. Show me just one where a Cleric can heal that much first.
    I must have.. link me please. thank you .. I am very interested to see what various classes these were
    Also, what claims did i make?

+ Reply to Thread