+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleric healing is not overpowered, nor will it be in 1.3

Default Cleric healing is not overpowered, nor will it be in 1.3

Countless threads I see people talk about clerics are tanking 5 people while everyone else.

This is false, If a cleric is tanking 5 people, Those 5 people need to get something besides greens, and stop using their PVE specs.

Not to mention, You in this game, you either spec to live longer, or to heal your team, You can't do both. I base this on playing a Rank 6 mage in pvp. I see a Hard to kill cleric (aka it takes me and 1 other person to melt his face, not 4 other people) I simply ignore him because he's focused basically on keeping himself up, Instead I instant gib his team mates then come back to him.

At no point have I ever said "Wow.. i'm never going to kill this guy in pvp" it's always been "When is Fulminate bout to pop", or "When is Last gasp going to be up"

Now come next patch, Pyro's are taking a massive burst nerf, and it remains to be seen if that spec will ever be viable after the patch if healers are present, and the channel change pretty much kills the Necro Spec entirely in pvp, which is sad because that was my favorite pvp spec, But trying to soul purge in black garden will be pointless, it'd be like if Dots stopped working if the target moved out of LOS or out or range, cause that's what Soul Purge is, a bloody dot

So this leaves us with the Dominator Line next patch, and our PVP tree.

Right now you can basically go two routes after the patch on how you want to screw that said healer over.

Both require greater then rank 5, and both require the PVP tree (go figure, pvp tree's getting used more)

There is the 45 Dom/21 Archmage route (Nyx Manipulation) which is basically, find a Cleric, and make his heals cost 75% more, while slowing cast time and interrupting him with priests lament or arresting. Not really much siad healer can do against that. He's either interrupted and killed, or he runs out of mana really fast and dies.

the next spec, is 31 Dom/20 Archmage/Rest Warlock, (though Chloramancer may work next patch as well) Basically you spam Void bolt on the target, Withered Veins from PVP tree stacks with Dom Heal debuff (and warrior one as well) , 75% heal debuff on the target.

I've ran the spec, and basically assisted with the rank 6 warrior in the guild, and rolled over every target we've gotten on. 75% heal debuff pretty much guts Healers.

Or instead of doing all this..

you could just spec 44 Marksman and win.

Either Way, healers shouldn't be a problem for anyone in this game at the moment.

l2p
    Xsorus - Rank 8 Mage/Server Seastone/Guardian/Guild - Desolate

Must be nice to come across Clerics picking flowers alone out in some field by themselves as you roll by with your Warrior friend...

...suggestions for things to do in WFs would be nice though. You know, where Clerics are stacked - there are DPS/Support intent upon stopping you from killing the Cleric. Etc, etc, etc...

...just saying.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Hi Ts,

it is perfectly understandable that you're defending for your fellow friends out there.. good job!
    Inclusive growth for customer and organisation

I couldn't agree more.

Yup, that's all.
    A shadow has no form, therefore - no weakness.

Plane Touched

Must be a cleric.

What is true? What we all see in Wf's or what you are lying about here?

I would say what we see is true. For the record. We see it every day and post about it every day. So it stands to be true that your one post is not so much smarter and more true then the many many posts against cleric heals. Your momma needs to wash your mouth with soap for lying.
    Last edited by Veronne; 06-12-2011 at 05:12 AM.

dmv

Just because something can be countered, does not means it's balanced.
    For whatever reason clerics believe they should have the highest survivability without the help of their team, that is a sad failure of Trion's.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

I wont say clerics are balanced... They have too much armor and do too much damage when spec'd for the crazy amount of heals they do.... but they're not that hard to kill.

If they're busy healing, they're not DPSing.

If you put Blight, Fellblades, Lingering Wounds, or any silence on them, their heals are a lot less effective.

If you use elemental attacks, their armor is meaningless.

44NB/22Sin= dead healer.
    Welcome to Rift 1.2
    No Challenge. No Reward. No Point.

Banned

One cleric is a nightmare to deal with - massive defence, huge heal values - now add diminishing cc and invreased valour and its ridiculous.

Multiply by 5 or 6.

PvP? Oh you mean CvC....

Quote Originally Posted by Kayden Fox View Post
    I wont say clerics are balanced... They have too much armor and do too much damage when spec'd for the crazy amount of heals they do.... but they're not that hard to kill.

If they're busy healing, they're not DPSing.

If you put Blight, Fellblades, Lingering Wounds, or any silence on them, their heals are a lot less effective.

If you use elemental attacks, their armor is meaningless.

44NB/22Sin= dead healer.
    44nb/22sin = ******ed rogue is going to get his **** tanked. You're doing nothing without ebon fury and with ebon fury you're getting detaunted.

(Gear)

Soulwalker

Clerics are op and will be continue so in 1.3. Yes i am a whiner and im prolly the biggest whinner around but it still doesent make clerics less op for that :P

I do have a 44mm specc but you do realise it takes me to continously spam dispell to just keep his **** off him. And while doing so i do cero dmg to him while his instants and first tick from hots easily heals him the the dmg i can put out while dispelling.

Also with detaunt, a 50% dmg reduction with lifetime duration untill he cancel it? comeon.. a bit silly? give it a 10sec duration or something. Healers are there to heal and not to mitigate dmg imo. Rather see warriors be able to take split dmg from people instead.

But i do agree that 1 dps shouldent out dps a healer either since it would as other have mentioned, make them pointless. But should we really need to make a perfect group setup to kill one for it? A mm to keep the hots away, a warrior to put healing debuff, and a dps to grind him down and a healer to keep us up from the 2k+ crits from his instant ?

Atm more then half the players in our wfs are clerics. And we see more and more rerolled clerics everyday. If 1.3 goes live as it is now i bet we will see full cleric teams both sides.
    I know someone will say "but people gonna play what they find fun anyway" sure, but what is most fun, try to dps someone and never see their hp drop 20% and die fast if you get targeted, or be able to tank 3-4 people and feel like hulk him self?

And imb4
    Yes i am a whiner and i love cheese to!

Rift Master

Life must be nice as a pyro.

/thread

Rift Master

Lol.. You do realize detaunt IS a 10 second buff, and it IS dispellable.you remove 2 buffs/hots every second, they put up one hot every 1.5 seconds. I fail to see how you have no time to dps. What this post tells me,, is you are one of those bad dps chasing a cleric around. Half of which is melle, and just out of range not even doing dps. the reason clerics are harder to kill than most other things is because they always have a dedicated healer..themselves.not to mention other healers are going to have more reaction time to heal the cleric that's actively burning cds to stay alive. Healers are always going to have high survivability unless they drastically change combat mechanics. I myself liked daoc combat much more(for healers especially), but that would never work here, there's too many instant interupts and gap closers, and speed boosts.

Rift Master

I also wonder how many of these clerics have a warrior increasing their mitigation, and people don't even realize.

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Nooblet View Post
    Lol.. You do realize detaunt IS a 10 second buff, and it IS dispellable.you remove 2 buffs/hots every second, they put up one hot every 1.5 seconds. I fail to see how you have no time to dps. What this post tells me,, is you are one of those bad dps chasing a cleric around. Half of which is melle, and just out of range not even doing dps. the reason clerics are harder to kill than most other things is because they always have a dedicated healer..themselves.not to mention other healers are going to have more reaction time to heal the cleric that's actively burning cds to stay alive. Healers are always going to have high survivability unless they drastically change combat mechanics. I myself liked daoc combat much more(for healers especially), but that would never work here, there's too many instant interupts and gap closers, and speed boosts.
    That's not the issue, it's relatively balanced at the moment, but this valor change will throw that completely out of whack.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

You all must be newbs or do not know what teamwork means because I play a cleric pure pvp healer and I sure get spanked around sometimes.

I am not an expert however, rank 4 right now. I am tough to kill sometimes, but really.

I can tell though if I am running into idiots or under geared people vs. good players who know what to do and have decent gear. You surely can tell a difference.

I am also usually in vent, so coordinating getting help etc... is much faster. (again it's not rocket science)

Many of you do not also know what balance actually means apparently, my cleric has ZERO offense I set him up that way. You may not be able to kill me but I surely will not be able to kill you either, so teamwork is involved which one of us gets help faster is it me and we win or is it you and I get toasted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast