+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PvP woes..

Default PvP woes..

PvP? In this game? Are you joking?!?! This is by far the most unbalanced PvP setting ive ever seen! Did trion even try to make PvP balanced?? Do they even know what they are doing here? This game is/will lose MANY due to borked PvP settings and classes. All I see are clerics and necros with the occasional rogue. If you get into a WF with more then 1 cleric its over. Many players in my previous groups give up at the start when they see more then 1 cleric. I just cant believe how horrible WFs are I do hope PvP is fixed as I do 'enjoy' PvP in this game.. the WF areas are cool and the rules/settings seem to ok... Again, Trion, I highly suggest that you fix PvP or remove it all together (at which point this game is another F2P..) les you lose players FAST. just saying.

Side A has:

4 Clerics.
    6 Rogues.
    2 Warriors.
    3 Mages.

Side B has:

1 Cleric.
    3 Rogues.
    5 Warriors.
    6 Mages.

Trion is responsible for this?
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Side A has:

4 Clerics.
    6 Rogues.
    2 Warriors.
    3 Mages.

Side B has:

1 Cleric.
    3 Rogues.
    5 Warriors.
    6 Mages.

When they went for instanced scenario PvP, they knew it would happen. In 2006 Blizzard had excuse, but with each passing year and each passing MMO, those excuse are less and less valid.

If general game development went at the same pace as MMO PvP development we'd all still be playing Pong (or maybe Manic Miner).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bartolomeus D View Post
    Queueing solo should not place you in a warfront against opponents that queued as a group.

It's that simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Pippington View Post
    When they went for instanced scenario PvP, they knew it would happen. In 2006 Blizzard had excuse, but with each passing year and each passing MMO, those excuse are less and less valid.

If general game development went at the same pace as MMO PvP development we'd all still be playing Pong (or maybe Manic Miner).
    Yes, they knew it would happen. They even commented on much of the balancing coming from players. If a person is going to run in PUGs, they know they are going to get what they get. Nobody is forcing anybody to PUG.

I PUG. I know sometimes we get a good mix. Sometimes we get a horrible mix. I'm not going to complain about PUG composition.

I'll complain about PUGs facing premades...sure. That is a different issue. But if two PUGs face off, you roll with what you got... if you want better control over what you have and it matters enough to complain about it - perhaps you should go the premade route.

There are plenty of things Trion needs to fix - to address - etc. That somebody decided to roll X class instead of Y class - that they decided to play A build instead of B build... is just not their fault.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    Side A has:

4 Clerics.
    6 Rogues.
    2 Warriors.
    3 Mages.

Side B has:

1 Cleric.
    3 Rogues.
    5 Warriors.
    6 Mages.

Their response should consist of - "We are nerfing clerics. Their 2k hits, stuns, charges and 6k full heals are a bit to much. We are sorry for the incovenience we may have caused you. Thank you."

Did they not test these things beforehand? Did they not forsee what type of damage clerics would do? Usaully when someone makes a product they do studies on said product. It appears to me that Trion did absolutely no testing beforehand. I understand that the game is fresh, new but for real now. Its not even close in dps numbers. Cleric and Necro tear everything up. I watch as 1 cleric can take down a whole raid and barely suffer any damage and if they did all they do is self heal for that big 6k number. I really do hope they fix this issue, I wish to continue my sub with the game but as a PvPer I fear I will be forced to leave as it is a joke :/ I will give them soem time to work things out BUT do expect t osee some changes rather quick like.

Quote Originally Posted by Phelissa View Post
    Their response should consist of - "We are nerfing clerics. Their 2k hits, stuns, charges and 6k full heals are a bit to much. We are sorry for the incovenience we may have caused you. Thank you."

Did they not test these things beforehand? Did they not forsee what type of damage clerics would do? Usaully when someone makes a product they do studies on said product. It appears to me that Trion did absolutely no testing beforehand. I understand that the game is fresh, new but for real now. Its not even close in dps numbers. Cleric and Necro tear everything up. I watch as 1 cleric can take down a whole raid and barely suffer any damage and if they did all they do is self heal for that big 6k number. I really do hope they fix this issue, I wish to continue my sub with the game but as a PvPer I fear I will be forced to leave as it is a joke :/ I will give them soem time to work things out BUT do expect t osee some changes rather quick like.
    QA on the game since the headstart has gone to Hell. 1.3 is right around the corner, and Trion still has not fixed what they broke from 1.2 with the first hot fix.

What you are experiencing is not experienced by all though. I mean, honestly - your "Cleric" there is what 51 Just - 51 Inq - 51 Warden and 51 in a few other Souls as well as 21 in Templar? Hell, 51 in Temp why not, eh?

Necros (and other channelers) are going to take a hit with Trion finally fixing the LoS/Range issue with channels. NecLocks are easy to kill. Their buffs are easily purged. There are more than a handful of ways to stop Mortality - yet people appear to like to stand there.

Much of what people experience (outside of team coordination) comes down to gear. I'm a heavy proponent of separating WFs based on Rank/Tier(Gear). To the people that say gear does not matter that much, none of them can get around the simple question:

"If you were to fight yourself, you wearing fresh 50 gear and your other self wearing R5-6 gear with a relic weapon...who wins?"

It does not even have to go to that extreme. The R3-4 version of somebody will beat the R1-2 version of somebody if they had to fight themselves.

Trion needs to separate out premade vs PUG and the gear issue. Once that has been addressed, once those items are no longer part of the discussion - they would actually be able to address balance.

Until then, we're going to have all sorts of flaky things... but in the end, Trion is still not responsible if Side A has more Clerics than Side B. They are not limiting either side to having a particular number of any calling, build, etc.

There is no doubt they need to address QA...none in the least. Back in the betas, it was a world of difference compared to what started during the headstart. Like a different company took over...painful.
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

UPDATE:

Hit level 50.. went into some pvp action. ZOMG! I cant believe how ****ing stupid this is! everyone on my team was getting 1-2 shot, c onstently. Got to a point where the other side just camped the grave yard, couldnt even leave and got killed soon as we rezzed. I see that they mix ranks in pvp, so I myself just hit 50 and am rank1 or whatever and Im to fight against rank6 players?? Does anyone at Trion have a brain? WTF are yall thinking? My sub is cancelled. No longer will I support a F2P game and a horrible one at that. Sure, some say 'give it time' and they have had time. 4 months since release and numerous months in beta and devolpment. It obvious Trion has no idea how to design a 'fair' pvp game. BAck to some other failed MMO I go, dont forget to hand me my hat on teh way out!

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Phelissa View Post
    UPDATE:

Hit level 50.. went into some pvp action. ZOMG! I cant believe how ****ing stupid this is! everyone on my team was getting 1-2 shot, c onstently. Got to a point where the other side just camped the grave yard, couldnt even leave and got killed soon as we rezzed. I see that they mix ranks in pvp, so I myself just hit 50 and am rank1 or whatever and Im to fight against rank6 players?? Does anyone at Trion have a brain? WTF are yall thinking? My sub is cancelled. No longer will I support a F2P game and a horrible one at that. Sure, some say 'give it time' and they have had time. 4 months since release and numerous months in beta and devolpment. It obvious Trion has no idea how to design a 'fair' pvp game. BAck to some other failed MMO I go, dont forget to hand me my hat on teh way out!
    They are slowly working on pvp, this next pacth everyone will be doing less dmg then right now, ofcorse healing is being increased so we will have to see what issue that causes.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

+ Reply to Thread