Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Awesome PvP Exploit found.

Telaran

Default Awesome PvP Exploit found.

Eradicate - Cooldown 1 Second
    Strips 2 buffs off of your target, over and over, and over and over so Bard, worthless. Riftstalker, worthless.

What other classes/roles are worthless from this... I'd like to know so I can start know who to target to infuriate.

Seriously give it a 20 second cooldown. As it stands now, thats pretty ridiculous and recasting buffs that you need to play your class is not pvp, it's buffing. Buffing usually occurs before you are surrounded by a pack of hostiles. You know it just becomes a situation where why should I cast these buffs if they will just be stripped in seconds, which turns into well why should I come down off this ledge at all. Spending the entire time you engage until you quickly die trying to recast buffs, which is what a bard does, on yourself is pretty disappointing. From a bard perspective makes things pretty unpalatable.

I tried it myself, and it's so completely ridiculously unfair that is what makes me wonder about the testing of such a thing, and how it was conceived that this be a great idea to implement. . 60 to 90 kills with 0 to three deaths is pretty crazy.

Troll amongst yourselves.
    Last edited by Inthebeginning; 06-11-2011 at 08:47 PM.

Not an exploit. That's what the 0 damage skill does.

Eradicate doesn't effect Bards, so you're wrong again.

It's a 44 point talent for MM to even have the skill.

Please Troll and QQ more.
    "Men who believe absurdities will commit atrocities."

Shield of Telara

Marksman are more broken and stupid then what Pyromancers ever were.

Hence why we see MM's all over the place now. The bug with LOS, Eradicate and the best thing they have is the over done damage buff. Having 1 second GCD with the damage they do now is beyond stupidity.

Rift Disciple

Eradicate don't do damage it just makes souls to be obsolute. Justicar tree is off, warden also from clerics. Example
    Justicar have 6 buffs. Eradicate needs 3 global to get em off you need 6 to put em back. That leaves 3 global free of damage.
    Warden need 5 global to full sm1 with hots eradicate win 1 buff same globals as before. So you either go Los to rebuff or heal or you will just die. As for mm just macro it and mix with all attack rotation to see the op of it

Quote Originally Posted by Framer View Post
    Eradicate don't do damage it just makes souls to be obsolute. Justicar tree is off, warden also from clerics. Example
    Justicar have 6 buffs. Eradicate needs 3 global to get em off you need 6 to put em back. That leaves 3 global free of damage.
    Warden need 5 global to full sm1 with hots eradicate win 1 buff same globals as before. So you either go Los to rebuff or heal or you will just die. As for mm just macro it and mix with all attack rotation to see the op of it
    Some points since you are terrible:
    The key justicar abilities (cavalier and meins) cannot be purged
    Wardens have numerous procs that go up with their heals which can increase time to purge significantly.
    You can't (literally impossible) macro eradicate into an attack rotation.

(Gear)

Telaran

Eradicate is a proc; Unlike other purges that are guaranteed to purge that buff.

"The Rogue attempts to nullify up to 2 of the enemy’s Buffs."

This does zero damage | This also cost 20 energy (perhaps bring it to 40 energy for balance ) | This is also on the GCD.

Advantages - If it procs, it removes 2 buffs | It can also remove hots and damage buffs | Spamable

Disadvantages - You do no damage while spamming it | Its incredibly boring

Ofcourse this is worse when 2 Marksmen do Eradicate but this also means they aren't doing any damage.

See the trade off yet?

Banned

It needs no changes - adapt and l2p

PS see test server notes. trion clearly think its fine.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by iMohr View Post
    Eradicate is a proc; Unlike other purges that are guaranteed to purge that buff.

"The Rogue attempts to nullify up to 2 of the enemy’s Buffs."

This does zero damage | This also cost 20 energy (perhaps bring it to 40 energy for balance ) | This is also on the GCD.

Advantages - If it procs, it removes 2 buffs | It can also remove hots and damage buffs | Spamable

Disadvantages - You do no damage while spamming it | Its incredibly boring

Ofcourse this is worse when 2 Marksmen do Eradicate but this also means they aren't doing any damage.

See the trade off yet?
    You must really love your OP ability. Learn to play or get out.

I am a warrior. The MM targets me for eradicate. I am out of buffs in two shots. I have to run the other way because I have no close which can reach an MM kiting at max range.

I am a warrior. My max range is melee. I have less range on all closers then everyone. An MM on rocks targets me. I lose my buffs in three shots. I have to run around and jump up the rocks to try and get him. By the time I do get around, I am more then half dead because he was attacking me and he kites me till I die. It sucks

I am a melee warrior. I need my buffs because we are forced to use strikes like iron and buffs to be somewhat useful. Marksman targets me. I run the other way and try to Line of sight so I do not die to his attacks. The MM has faster speed then I do. I die.
    It sucks that the developers hate warriors so much that we lose our buffs and die

Just accept the fact that rogue/hunter classes are always played by annoying little ***** and get your team to gank them whenever you see one. I rip them to shreads on my CAB build, im sure there will be warrior builds that can do the same.
    < Invictus >
    Nerissa - Cenii - Nausicaa - Elix
    Cleric - Warrior - Mage - Rogue
    Icewatch EU

Quote Originally Posted by Inthebeginning View Post
    Eradicate - Cooldown 1 Second
    Strips 2 buffs off of your target, over and over, and over and over so Bard, worthless. Riftstalker, worthless.

What other classes/roles are worthless from this... I'd like to know so I can start know who to target to infuriate.

Seriously give it a 20 second cooldown. As it stands now, thats pretty ridiculous and recasting buffs that you need to play your class is not pvp, it's buffing. Buffing usually occurs before you are surrounded by a pack of hostiles. You know it just becomes a situation where why should I cast these buffs if they will just be stripped in seconds, which turns into well why should I come down off this ledge at all. Spending the entire time you engage until you quickly die trying to recast buffs, which is what a bard does, on yourself is pretty disappointing. From a bard perspective makes things pretty unpalatable.

I tried it myself, and it's so completely ridiculously unfair that is what makes me wonder about the testing of such a thing, and how it was conceived that this be a great idea to implement. . 60 to 90 kills with 0 to three deaths is pretty crazy.

Troll amongst yourselves.
    20 second cooldown? You do know this ability already exists in the game and can remove THREE buffs on a 8 second cooldown.....right? Oh btw, you can also get it as soon as 10 points into a tree.

As they say, ignorance is bliss.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Veronne View Post

I am a warrior. The MM targets me for eradicate. I am out of buffs in two shots. I have to run the other way because I have no close which can reach an MM kiting at max range.

I am a warrior. My max range is melee. I have less range on all closers then everyone. An MM on rocks targets me. I lose my buffs in three shots. I have to run around and jump up the rocks to try and get him. By the time I do get around, I am more then half dead because he was attacking me and he kites me till I die. It sucks

I am a melee warrior. I need my buffs because we are forced to use strikes like iron and buffs to be somewhat useful. Marksman targets me. I run the other way and try to Line of sight so I do not die to his attacks. The MM has faster speed then I do. I die.
    It sucks that the developers hate warriors so much that we lose our buffs and die
    If you're a warrior thats dying to eradicate the problem is not eradicate. If you're a warrior dying to a MM the problem is not the MM.

The complaintrain has whined and whined about eradicate for weeks - well the same half a dozen poor players has. It is not OP'd. it is not imbalanced. Its fine. And check out the patch notes - trion clearly agree.

PEBKAC.

Quote Originally Posted by Veronne View Post

Then go Void Knight and enjoy the same ability (guaranteed to remove 3 buffs) on a 8 second cooldown, or is it too op for you?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Geechee View Post
    Not an exploit. That's what the 0 damage skill does.

Eradicate doesn't effect Bards, so you're wrong again.

It's a 44 point talent for MM to even have the skill.

Please Troll and QQ more.
    Nah they need to adjust this. It is silly right now. There is no reason why this can't be on a cool down. Stripping two buffs instantly is pretty powerful.

My mage has a single buff strip that is on a 30 second cool down. It does not do any damage.

Again there is no good reason not to put this on cooldown. It still makes it extremely useful, but not just ridiculous. Having something like this marksman spam mindlessly is a bad idea. Nothing wrong with requiring a modicum of thought go into using your abilities. By the way giving up a global cooldown is not balancing to the power eradicate provides.

Banned

44 point spend = 0 CD.

Discussion over. Non issue.

Prophet of Telara

It affects chloromancer the most since it strips their "soul mechanic" life giving veil which requires 12 seconds cooldown to recast.
    I don't understand why it's a zero cooldown(gbc) ability, amount of talent points or doing zero damage are not good enough reasons.
    I remember back in pre 1.1 and cloudy poison couldn't be dispelled, this ability rendered the instant 15 seconds cooldown abilities in chloromancer to 2 second casts. Why was this changed to be dispelled then eradicate introduced much later in it's current form?

Are the dev's missing the days of playing touch rangers in guild wars? Eradicate in it's current form is on par with where toucher's were. Spammed abilities which on a large scale totally shutdown one player, on a small scale annoying skill-less builds.

Warriors can close the gap on MM though if they choose the paragon and riftblade souls which to a larger degree allows warriors to become the counter MM with 1.2 with more 44 point MM's running around. I just hate how Trion has chosen to screw over one soul (chloro) to introduce more food for dps warriors. Making Rift pvp evermore dependant on counter classes and a build orientated meta-game.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast