+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 37

Thread: The real reason for 1.3 patch is all about almight $$$

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    240

    Default The real reason for 1.3 patch is all about almight $$$

    Im a hardcore pvp, rank 6, almost full set, stacking crits on warrior. Ive noticed a lot of new pvpers in greens that I can easily hit 2-4 hits and dead, with crits its even worse.
    Trion wants to get new people in the game and not be frustrated of being 1-3 shots from Rank 5-6 players. Im sure Trion been looking closely on most of us that has been playing are staying till our 6 month founders pricing is over, that would give Trion plenty of time to have somekind of incentive before the 6 month membership is over to convince people to stay.
    What really frustrates me is the valor (30% dmg reduction) from fresh 50, with no pvp gears and basically screwed everyone else that have put all the time and efforts in warfronts to get geared.
    This really nailed the coffin for me with Rift, just playing till 6 month is up. Then playing GW2, if that sucks too Ill leave, like all other mmos that I had played before.

  2. #2
    Champion AngelOfTheGuardians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riftrules View Post
    Im a hardcore pvp, rank 6, almost full set, stacking crits on warrior. Ive noticed a lot of new pvpers in greens that I can easily hit 2-4 hits and dead, with crits its even worse.
    Trion wants to get new people in the game and not be frustrated of being 1-3 shots from Rank 5-6 players. Im sure Trion been looking closely on most of us that has been playing are staying till our 6 month founders pricing is over, that would give Trion plenty of time to have somekind of incentive before the 6 month membership is over to convince people to stay.
    What really frustrates me is the valor (30% dmg reduction) from fresh 50, with no pvp gears and basically screwed everyone else that have put all the time and efforts in warfronts to get geared.
    This really nailed the coffin for me with Rift, just playing till 6 month is up. Then playing GW2, if that sucks too Ill leave, like all other mmos that I had played before.
    A true hardcore PvPer doesn't like gear based PvP. Sorry if you didn't get that memo. A hardcore PvPer likes skill based PvP. You obviously want free kills on fresh 50s all the time. You don't want to actually put effort into killing people. QQ more.
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 06-11-2011 at 05:23 PM.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    240

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AngelOfTheGuardians View Post
    A true hardcore PvPer doesn't like gear based PvP. Sorry if you didn't get that memo. A hardcore PvPer likes skill based PvP. You obviously want free kills on fresh 50s all the time. You don't want to actually put effort into killing people. QQ more.
    I put a lot effort to get pvp geared, some fresh 50 gets 30% dmg reduction! Do you think thats fair?

  4. #4
    Ascendant Stigas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,948

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riftrules View Post
    I put a lot effort to get pvp geared, some fresh 50 gets 30% dmg reduction! Do you think thats fair?
    20%

    /10char

  5. #5
    Champion AngelOfTheGuardians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by riftrules View Post
    I put a lot effort to get pvp geared, some fresh 50 gets 30% dmg reduction! Do you think thats fair?
    Maybe I should rephrase. I don't care about PvP being gear based IF and only IF you are forced to face players near your same gear level. That is obviously not how WFs work now. A r6 will 2 shot any fresh 50. Do you think that's fair for new 50s? Do you think it's fair that you have to get ***** for hours on hours (or you just give up and stay at your spawn) until you get sufficient gear to not get ***** so badly? Learn to play competitively, aka on even grounds. Huge gear gaps make very uneven grounds. If you can't handle requiring to use skill in PvP, you aren't hardcore. That's all. kthxbai
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 06-11-2011 at 05:44 PM.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Its what current R6s did..what makes new 50s special?
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  7. #7
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    390

    Default

    i dont have a problem with allowing those new to the pvp situation a little help in being able to compete. What i have a problem with is throwing 240 valor on those who have already been competing, while not addressing the underlying situations that said defense only makes worse.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    I was farmed by R6s all the way from p2-6..I finally get to P6 and its "my turn" to enjoy a little farming so I can finish my favor gear and they jerk the rug from underneath me.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  9. #9
    Champion AngelOfTheGuardians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    Its what current R6s did..what makes new 50s special?
    Wrong. The first r6s were ranking up on near even grounds because, well, you have to start somewhere. The problem now is that fresh 50s are on completely uneven ground because they missed the opportunity to rank up with the first batch of 50s. That first batch (who are all r6s now) now has a a huge gear advantage they NEVER faced because, like I said earlier, they were ranking up with others at more or less the same pace.

  10. #10
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Wrong..On our cluster by the time I reached R2 we had full teams of basement dwellers farming us.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  11. #11
    Champion AngelOfTheGuardians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Because the first 50s never faced huge gear gaps, they think PvP is just fine and dandy in terms of gear gaps. You guys are so delusional...

  12. #12
    Champion AngelOfTheGuardians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    Wrong..On our cluster by the time I reached R2 we had full teams of basement dwellers farming us.
    That's why I said more or less the same pace. Obviously, a few people would do nothing but WFs 24/7 to get max rank because they have nothing better to do.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    the first 50s you are referring to don't even play their toons anymore! They are a non value in your argument. They no longer exist..they have been shelved..you are arguing for the first 50s to be able to roll with 240 valor on their second or third toon.REALITY
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

  14. #14
    Champion AngelOfTheGuardians's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    596

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ticklepink View Post
    the first 50s you are referring to don't even play their toons anymore! They are a non value in your argument. They no longer exist..they have been shelved..you are arguing for the first 50s to be able to roll with 240 valor on their second or third toon.REALITY
    Okay. Why is that a bad thing? I understand healing is supposed to be a lot more powerful, which will make PvP even more unbalanced, but fresh 50s need SOME survivability. As I understand it, Trion went overboard with the valor changes. I don't agree with making clerics more ridiculous than they are already. I just think fresh 50s need a way to survive more than 3 seconds.
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 06-11-2011 at 06:15 PM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Ticklepink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ferrum, Virginia,USA
    Posts
    1,480

    Default

    Its a bad thing because the last two months Trion has set up a precedent of higher prestige ranks=harder to kill/much more nasty on the battlefield for those who are fresh to 50. They paid their dues (they pissed in mason jars ate hotpockets whatever played 10+ hours a day) but they paid their dues..like i did.

    I FINALLY reach p6(someone who pugged the whole way as a mage/chloro) and I'm FINALLY at a point now where I don't have to run always..sometimes I can even tank 2-3 P1s and YES even make a difference in the out come of a WF AND...Trion says,..."well those guys that farmed you?..well now they don't wanna be farmed on their second/third toon..they've QQd better than you..and now they get free valor..just to span the gap"

    I call bull sh**.
    FortyFive sigbanners ~Harrow~

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts