+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Competative PVP - we have to have arenas

Shadowlander

Default Competative PVP - we have to have arenas

The entire purpose of PVP is to go against other players to find out who's better. With the current state of things unfortunately that's not possible. I and everybody else who comments on this thread is tired of waiting for an arena system to be implemented. Trion lets hear some details on your plans for competitive pvp and when we can expect it to be released!

-Travqt the Baby Wizard Slayer
    Fires of Heaven

I agree!!!!!!!!
    -=Yawn=-

Dual clerics will god-mode 2v2 arena if implemented. Actually, all clerics teams for any XvX will god-mode arena.
    Last edited by AngelOfTheGuardians; 06-11-2011 at 04:35 PM.

Agreed would be good to ahve this sooner rather than laters.

Quote Originally Posted by Travqt View Post
    The entire purpose of PVP is to go against other players to find out who's better. With the current state of things unfortunately that's not possible. I and everybody else who comments on this thread is tired of waiting for an arena system to be implemented. Trion lets hear some details on your plans for competitive pvp and when we can expect it to be released!

Fires of Heaven

Don't want arena's, don't care about them in the slightest.

Sort out the premade vs pug issue. Start allowing premades to que to max raid limit in the respective WF. Things just got competitive.

You wont be getting arena's any time soon. Last I checked Trions official stance on arena's was "no". Someone correct me if I missed an update to that.

Aside from that, look how much balancing still needs to happen, and is happening. They are revamping things constantly, there have been multiple soul overhauls since launch and we're only a few months in. That is hardly a state in which trying to have arena and ladder play is worthwhile.

Cheers.

Telaran

Agreed. Doesn't need to be arenas for me, but there needs to be somthing competitive and fun.

Ever thought about getting in Mirc or jumping on the server boards and setting up a spot for people and teams of 2, 3, 4, and 5 to battle while everyone can watch and make it a fun event?

Its what we did in DAOC days because we did not have Areanas. I hated areanas personnally. if you wasnt X class with X spec and X gear you might as well pack your **** up and go home.
    "ToA Will not have a significant impact on RvR."

Plane Touched

Fires of Heaven
    qq more. This is a pve game brah

50 Cleric <Fires of Heaven>
    Recruitment - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf6DGgZnjWw
    0 valor PvP - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lv5JtuQuqXA
    Rift PvE - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulPTfNf_k40
    Site for everything rift! www.riftjunkies.com

Soulwalker

would be nice to have a WF where every1 is given the best gear or every1 go in no gear. that way ppl can't qq about gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssly View Post
    So it's a PvE game and yet you drag your *** onto the PvP and Warfront forum to troll?

Go back to your PvE forums, maybe go discuss rifts and invasions or go talk about the latest raid spec and stay out of the PvP side of things. Just by coming into this section of the forums you are acknowledging that it isn't only a PvE game.

Don't agree with the arena thing myself but give it a rest on the "this is a PvE game" bullsh**. If it was only about the PvE there wouldn't be so many changes and full soul overhauls directed at PvP.

Cheers.

Shadowlander

I dont pvp because the pvp options in this game are garbage. That being said, I would like to pvp, but at the same time i could care less. If they add better options for pvp that would make it actually competitive, that would be fun. But lets not make a 100% wow clone please.

Quote Originally Posted by Ssly View Post
    I see what you did there.

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Fires of Heaven

Hi Trav.

Also wtb arena.

Yea it could be fun, the unbalance-ness of it would just not be fun though
    http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/820/signitureb.jpg/

It will never happen. Rift has WAY too many variables (soul combinations) for them to even dream of balancing arenas. Without balance it will just cater to fotm souls and then cry babies from far and wide will take to the forums with their QQ. Trion being the devs they are will give into the QQ and make devastating changes to the game (Theyve already made 1 with the valor change in the next patch) and we're left with WoW all over again...
    R40 Rogue|YoungLoc| <RNG> Gang. Im good at PvPin, Poppin Pills & $mokin dope ! Follow me on Twitter @LiteSkinndJesus

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast