+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clerics and Rogues are laughing, Mages and Warriors are quitting 1.3

Default Clerics and Rogues are laughing, Mages and Warriors are quitting 1.3

You have no idea what you have started.

You meaning TRION.

Sez

You guys are whining just as hard if not harder than the rogue population did before our 1.2 balance.

Now, we are set.

So.... Guess what? This patch should balance you guys out too.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Sez View Post
    You guys are whining just as hard if not harder than the rogue population did before our 1.2 balance.

Now, we are set.

So.... Guess what? This patch should balance you guys out too.
    You may laugh now, but check the official warrior and mage posts about 1.3 enjoy playing a dead game.

Shadowlander

mmmm warrior tears

Rogues are laughing? um this valor change hurts us just about as much as it does for warrior. you think eradicate spam was bad just wait till after this patch. because marksman will be the only viable PVP spec.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    You may laugh now, but check the official warrior and mage posts about 1.3 enjoy playing a dead game.
    Cheer up, emo kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    Much of the time the content in PTS patches is heavily work-in-progress data, incomplete or intended for testing and tweaking. Sometimes the content is only accessible via dev commands! All of it is highly subject to change before it ever makes it to live Rift shards. Some won't even make it there.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    You have no idea what you have started.

You meaning TRION.

My rank 6 Rogue is not laughing until I see the actually pyro and sc damage reduction in game. Otherwise it's just gonna be more valor to work through.

Quote Originally Posted by Necaust View Post
    My rank 6 Rogue is not laughing until I see the actually pyro and sc damage reduction in game. Otherwise it's just gonna be more valor to work through.
    They did the worse possible thing for balance, they nerfed the base damage of DPS.

What this basically means is that high end DPS will still be one-shotting people but lower end players won't have a chance in hell to put a dent in a healer or a tank.

Take the Pyro soul for instance, self-buffed it can get +80% damage, but instead they just nerf the base.
    Ugh
    This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    My rifle is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life.
    My rifle, without me, is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than my enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will...

Here's my impression of a rogue laughing in 1.3:

"Hahaha, you all will - hey, what the hell happened to my critical damage? My precious, precious burst, all gone!"

Prophet of Telara

Rogues are hurt by this more than anyone - we RELY on crits more than anyone, and are not built for long duration fights, which stupid changes like this create...

So, clerics have to deal with with an abysmal mana regeneration system that is getting nerfed (ieg: when running away and you see the once OOM cleric casting 1 heal periodically, yeah, thats a button spam praying to the great asian jesus for whomever is following the cleric to die, leave, or crash because they can not keep up that button mashing for long before they reach a dead end with no strong heals, no mana, and no way to defend themselves. Now, they wont have that to depend on).

Dominators will actually Dominate. In fact, with all the cleric hate, i expect to see at least 2 - 3 doms per WF regardless on whether its BG or Scion.

DPS clerics outside of possibly 2 (i suspect druids and Cabalists will be used since they are not crit reliant) will be a thing of the past.

And with the lack of options, its either tank heal for the regen (and possibly 11 points for inqui regen too havent figured out how to prepare for the mp drain spammage that will ensue) or not bothering.

Clerics will be gods, gods that can not act because they will be OOM most of the time.

+ Reply to Thread