+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rift: World of the Rogue

Ascendant

Default Rift: World of the Rogue

PVP - Look Trion. I am tired of every warfront having ~8 - 10 rogues, ~5 - 8 mages, a few clerics and one token warrior. Rogues at range currently have more burst and sustained damage then warriors in melee range. I have full plate and over 500 valor and getting destroyed by rogue assassins when they attack from stealth. The disparity in damage is so severe I would normally issue a bug report. In Rift the lack of pvp balance is so extreme there is no piont. PVP is an utter and complete mess.

PVE - With the changes in 1.3 I doubt any warriors will be going to raids as dps. Therefore, you might have a few token warriors as off-tank but rogues seem to main tank for most major guilds. So the master plan is to have warriors progress to T2 and the re-roll a rogue or cleric? I mean seriously.

None of us can figure out what in the world Trion is thinking. This is not just a few people. It is a consensous of many people with backgrounds in multiple games. Why design the warrior class with limited options in a game that markets diversity and then have these few options gimped when compared to other classes. On top of this fact, why make it so other classes with more options can exceed the performance of warriors in the only two roles they currently have in the game: DPS and TANK.

Sez

Quote Originally Posted by Amary View Post
    Much of the time the content in PTS patches is heavily work-in-progress data, incomplete or intended for testing and tweaking. Sometimes the content is only accessible via dev commands! All of it is highly subject to change before it ever makes it to live Rift shards. Some won't even make it there.
    Pew pew. Attack the Public test forum, not the live forum.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Majorin View Post
    PVP - Look Trion. I am tired of every warfront having ~8 - 10 rogues, ~5 - 8 mages, a few clerics and one token warrior. Rogues at range currently have more burst and sustained damage then warriors in melee range. I have full plate and over 500 valor and getting destroyed by rogue assassins when they attack from stealth. The disparity in damage is so severe I would normally issue a bug report. In Rift the lack of pvp balance is so extreme there is no piont. PVP is an utter and complete mess.

Funny - those mass of red names on the scoresheet must all be mages in disguise.

No ranged rogues don't have more burst than warriors. They might have more burst than you but thats a different story.

And assassin damage is a bleed. Bleeds ignore all armour. Thats how bleeds work.

I suspect PEBKAC.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    Funny - those mass of red names on the scoresheet must all be mages in disguise.

No ranged rogues don't have more burst than warriors. They might have more burst than you but thats a different story.

And assassin damage is a bleed. Bleeds ignore all armour. Thats how bleeds work.

I suspect PEBKAC.
    You got to love the easy mode kids. Rogues do have more burst then warriors at both melee and range. This is evident in both pvp and pve. No amount of lieing on the forums will change what occurs in the game. Rogues also have more defensive cooldowns. The mechanic for bleeds is not only overpowered but stupid.

Stop crying for easy mode and help make a balanced game. This whole thing is starting to get so absurd most of us cannot even figure out what Trion is thinking. Honestly, designing a game to appease to a guy like this does not equate to balance or enjoyment for the player base. It will also contribute to alot of lost money.

The idea for a company is to make money right... Not alienate the player base and have one server with a bunch of rogues running around whinning for easy mode.
    Last edited by Majorin; 06-11-2011 at 11:53 AM.

+ Reply to Thread