+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Most underplayed / overplayed PvP specs?

Default Most underplayed / overplayed PvP specs?

Defining overplayed and underplayed as how effective it is vs. how many people are doing it.

For underplayed I'm going with the rare warrior PvP tank specs. They can be the MVP of a warfront simply by standing in front to ensure they are the first tab-target, then playing defensively. Especially at high valor. Yet you still see probably 10 high-rank champ/paragon/x specs for every high-rank tank spec.

Most overplayed has to be the stealth rogues. They are maginally effective at best, but they're EVERYWHERE. Disappointing since MMs, bards, and (situationally) flag-runner specs are all available and more effective.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    Defining overplayed and underplayed as how effective it is vs. how many people are doing it.

For underplayed I'm going with the rare warrior PvP tank specs. They can be the MVP of a warfront simply by standing in front to ensure they are the first tab-target, then playing defensively. Especially at high valor. Yet you still see probably 10 high-rank champ/paragon/x specs for every high-rank tank spec.

Most overplayed has to be the stealth rogues. They are maginally effective at best, but they're EVERYWHERE. Disappointing since MMs, bards, and (situationally) flag-runner specs are all available and more effective.
    Atm, the most played is Rogues in general. But, the most played soul is MM. We all know why.

Not only that, I am starting to get frustrated with the amount of MM's purposely abusing the LOS bug. Purposely. Soul Purge I could understand but these MM's now are targetting and running behind walls on purpose all the time. It's getting beyond the joke.

IDK, I see at least as many stealth rogues as MMs. And way more than bards or utility specs. Also, you can't really call MMs overplayed by that definition, because they are pretty strong. Probably deserve to be frequently played.

We Rogues have always been the majority in certain Wargroups, especially for Guardians. The only reason you notice us now is that we can actually hurt you.

- Vybz
    Quote Originally Posted by Fia View Post
    I just want to be able to survive for 10 seconds when having 2 dps on me, I don't think that's too much to ask for.
    Dedicated to the Rogues who stuck it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IKoxTymkUTU
    Dedicated to the Rogue QQers and Haters: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owzhYNcd4OM

by each calling I think the most played specs are...
    rogue
    stealth based rogues (assassin usually?) and marksman
    mage
    pyro/am and chloro based builds
    cleric
    I think justicar and warden (although its harder for me to recognize different types i could be wrong)
    warrior
    champion, and I'm not sure what second (again i'm not great at telling the main specs apart well here)
    Last edited by Inixia; 06-11-2011 at 02:28 PM.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Nightwish View Post
    We Rogues have always been the majority in certain Wargroups, especially for Guardians. The only reason you notice us now is that we can actually hurt you.

- Vybz
    Um no. I have always seen majority of WF's filled with Rogues.

The reason I notice more MM's is because people know how stupid they are and are the FOTM. Just like Pyromancers were but worse.

I still stand by anyone who plays an MM has no skill in PvP. That's how easy they are.

Rift Disciple

lol stay sometimes i really love you. You post stuff in such a great way. You are correct about the tank spec but you so eloquently state, "being the first tab target". I love it haha. You just made a huge (and accurate) atttack towards the players in this game but in such a great way.

Drisa, I hope you read this because I love you dude. You make the idiots on my side attack you for 5 mins while your dps players kills my team (although i do take out a few of them^^). I love it . You know, I actually use all caps and say STOP ****ING ATTACKING DRISA PLEASE but to no avail ^^. Sometimes I go all out on you because I know my pug won't attack others until you are dead!

I have a few alts as I switch between sin,ranger, and mage as being my first main in differnt mmos and regarding your thread clerics and rogues are the most played. Clerics may be slightly lower, however considering the the other mmo's i've played clerics are triple what they are at this time in a game's life. Just answering your question there. I'm pretty drunk so not trying to discus UP/OP classes right now .

Rift Disciple

valkorian some of your post has logic but your main statement is stupid. yes MM is obviously OP, however there are skilled ppl that play it. When I play mm i easily top charts by a lot and i have fun but I know it is OP. There are many ppl like me.

It is like engineers (I am one btw), lawyers, doctors. Many think they are smart while in actuality they haven't proved it due to our ****ing ******ed easy school system and so many are idiots. Some are really really smart though. It is just hard for the average person to know who is and who isn't since A's are pretty easy.

Rift Disciple

stay i am drunk and hungry. where are those tacos from! omg

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post

I still stand by anyone who plays an MM has no skill in PvP. That's how easy they are.
    That's pretty weak. MM is a good soul to get started with in WFs especially due to the gear discrepancy (at least until 1.3 where gear won't really matter as much). Just b/c something is easier doesn't mean that everyone who uses it has no skill.

A good rogue brings more than one soul to the WF party.

Can't get the fang carrier down? Bring out the assassin.
    Need aoe to keep ppl off the flag? Bring an MM.
    Need a tad more healing? Bring your bard/RS
    Need help neutralizing warden hots? Again bring the MM.

So saying anyone who plays MM has no skill is rubbish.

Cleric:
    Most - Warden
    Least - Druid

Mage:
    Most - Pyro
    Least - Archon

Rogue:
    Most - Marks
    Least - Blade

Warrior:
    Most - Champ
    Least - Warlord
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread