+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Trion, please take note of how Warhammer ruined their game and pvp...

Default Trion, please take note of how Warhammer ruined their game and pvp...

and then try to not do the same. War became a gear grind just to compete in pvp. Compete isn't even a good word... it was a gear grind just to not get rofl stomped into the F'ing ground within seconds while doing no damage to make anyone care you were there.

They also trivialized a lot of classes thanks to damage mitigation and self healing being over the top. Wanted to play any physical dps class? Good luck with that since it was so overly mitigated with gear and other classes healing that it was painful and not fun to even play such toons.

These sudden changes to valor is the first step to killing pvp in my opinion. Gear is important, spending time on your character is important, feeling like you accomplished something is as well... but these changes are excessive. Do not turn the advantage curve into an unbeatable curve.

I know some of the people working on Rift are from War. You'd think they'd learn the lessons from that failure.

GW2 can't come soon enough .... hell SWTOR is starting to look good too especially after these patch notes.

WTB the above item .... mine broke

Banned

WAR was ruined because of poor class design and management decisions.

Gear was not an issue until the brough in 80+ expansion ranks. Before then it was the least gear dependant game I've played.

Quote Originally Posted by Auchter View Post
    WAR was ruined because of ... management decisions.

Gear was not an issue until the brough in 80+ expansion ranks..
    Just going to highlight the points here. Which is kinda my point. Except gear was an issue before the 80+ debacle with the sovereign gear. Not as bad... but still was ridiculous for certain classes.

+ Reply to Thread