+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Are u kidding me? 1.3 is just wrong ..

Default Are u kidding me? 1.3 is just wrong ..

1.3 makes pvp players to go pve or even quit rift in my opinion ..

PVP/WARFRONTS
    * Channeled abilities used in PvP against player targets will now break if the target moves out of the channeling casterís range, or line-of-sight.
    * Valor updates!
    * All level 30+ PvP rewards now have Valor.
    * Base Valor amounts have been adjusted to account for a significantly larger amount of damage reduction.
    - Level 1-40 characters have 10% reduction.
    - Level 40-50 characters scale through 11-20% damage reduction.
    * Valor now reduces the critical hit damage bonus received from player hits, capping at 50%.
    - Reduction scales based on character level.
    - Level 50 characters with no additional Valor receive a 33.7% reduction in critical hit bonus damage.
    - A full set of rank 2-3 PvP gear (356 Valor) provides a 50% critical hit bonus damage reduction.
    * With the increase to base Valor, the amount provided by ranked PvP gear has been adjusted.
    - Rank 1/2 sets provide 323 total Valor, for 26.9% damage reduction and 45.4% critical bonus damage reduction.
    - Rank 3/4 sets provide 394 total Valor, for 32.8% damage reduction and 50% critical bonus damage reduction.
    - Rank 5/6 sets provide 480 total Valor, for 40% damage reduction and 50% critical bonus damage reduction.
    * Runes that grant Valor bonuses have their Valor stat values adjusted but still provide the same percentage of damage reduction.

Wtf is this?
    I was so exiting about the patch note's .. and now whe get this ****

Rift Master

Trion wants players to win without actually killing much.

I'm not sure why you're upset about this... These changes are bringing me back to the game.

Longer fights = more fun.

I went to click on very cute kitty in a town, I thought maybe they'd be an emote or the cat would meow, instead I murdered it... and looted a Cat Tear...
    This mace was made for swingin'
    So that's just what I'll do
    Pop Rage of the North and **** all over you

Quote Originally Posted by Kayoh View Post
    I'm not sure why you're upset about this... These changes are bringing me back to the game.

Longer fights = more fun.

Did you even comprehend those changes?

Raiders with full relic sets (not just weapons) get a free 240 valor, which means:
    20% physical damage reduction
    20% magic damage reduction
    33.7% crit damage reduction

with ZERO pvp gear, why should those of us who don't raid even try to pvp anymore?
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Karib7 View Post
    1.3 makes pvp players to go pve or even quit rift in my opinion ..

PVP/WARFRONTS
    * Channeled abilities used in PvP against player targets will now break if the target moves out of the channeling casterís range, or line-of-sight.
    * Valor updates!
    * All level 30+ PvP rewards now have Valor.
    * Base Valor amounts have been adjusted to account for a significantly larger amount of damage reduction.
    - Level 1-40 characters have 10% reduction.
    - Level 40-50 characters scale through 11-20% damage reduction.
    * Valor now reduces the critical hit damage bonus received from player hits, capping at 50%.
    - Reduction scales based on character level.
    - Level 50 characters with no additional Valor receive a 33.7% reduction in critical hit bonus damage.
    - A full set of rank 2-3 PvP gear (356 Valor) provides a 50% critical hit bonus damage reduction.
    * With the increase to base Valor, the amount provided by ranked PvP gear has been adjusted.
    - Rank 1/2 sets provide 323 total Valor, for 26.9% damage reduction and 45.4% critical bonus damage reduction.
    - Rank 3/4 sets provide 394 total Valor, for 32.8% damage reduction and 50% critical bonus damage reduction.
    - Rank 5/6 sets provide 480 total Valor, for 40% damage reduction and 50% critical bonus damage reduction.
    * Runes that grant Valor bonuses have their Valor stat values adjusted but still provide the same percentage of damage reduction.

Wtf is this?
    I was so exiting about the patch note's .. and now whe get this ****
    He must be a pyro, or MM.........no more crits for 3000 or 4000.....aw shucks.....i think some people are definitely gonna have there worlds shatter as they find out that it really wasn't how awesome they where.....it was Trion and what they allowed the whole time. .....however.....when you fix one problem you often create another so will see how it goes.

This is very interesting as it effects stat weighting. Valor is somewhat less useful and crit is MUCH less useful. I think you will see people taking off their crit-heavy valor pieces if they can find a comparable PvE piece that has SP/AP instead.

Quote Originally Posted by kinesthetic View Post
    He must be a pyro, or MM.........no more crits for 3000 or 4000.....aw shucks.....i think some people are definitely gonna have there worlds shatter as they find out that it really wasn't how awesome they where.....it was Trion and what they allowed the whole time. .....however.....when you fix one problem you often create another so will see how it goes.
    Beleave it or not but i am a P6 cleric healer (warden) so i will be OP (if this **** will goes alive)

Quote Originally Posted by Stay View Post
    This is very interesting as it effects stat weighting. Valor is somewhat less useful and crit is MUCH less useful. I think you will see people taking off their crit-heavy valor pieces if they can find a comparable PvE piece that has SP/AP instead.

And those of us who only pvp are screwed beyond belief.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Sez

I see the QQ has already spilled out of the Public Test forum... Might want to express your opinions there if you want to be constructive.
    Sez is now Zes on Dayblind

- Rogue Lead - <Gestalt> - Defiant - Dayblind Server -

Quote Originally Posted by Karib7 View Post
    Beleave it or not but i am a P6 cleric healer (warden) so i will be OP (if this **** will goes alive)
    As I said....often when you fix one problem you create another.
    Dont get me wrong, even as r4 warrior I like the idea of having to put in allot of hard work in the fronts to get r6 God like status.
    Still remember....PvPers are just that.....its what they do.....there will be less of a gap. But we will still be the creme de la creme.

Quote Originally Posted by kinesthetic View Post
    As I said....often when you fix one problem you create another.
    Dont get me wrong, even as r4 warrior I like the idea of having to put in allot of hard work in the fronts to get r6 God like status.
    Still remember....PvPers are just that.....its what they do.....there will be less of a gap. But we will still be the creme de la creme.

There is no point in getting R6 with these changes, you are better off getting your complete set of Relic gear from the new raid dungeon, you will be better equiped for pvp.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

90% of pvp players do not like those 1.3 pts note"s.
    As far i heard trion is a team that would listen to players and make it the best game it can be ..
    why do they add stuff like this then ?
    dont they read forums?
    Dont they like us pvp players?
    /facepalm

You know, as it sits now in 1.2 I hate it when I try to kill a well played R6 person. hate it. However, I know after I've put in my time, i will be able to kill that person, I'd have a sense of accomplishment of hitting R6 and getting the gear, that helps me in pvp.

Now, if these changes go through, I'll get R6 and my new gear, to last 1 more second over the raider not wearing any pvp gear at all.

Kind of reminds me of Vanilla WoW when guilds in Full T1/T2 gear complete dominated pvp due to the inflated stats needed for raiding.

Rift is moving backwards with these changes, not forwards.
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

sorry guys I'm new to this game so...i r confused.

Were these changes made so that PvP gear will be nerfed for Pve raids or are they nerfing Pvp altogether?
    Last edited by brandywine; 06-11-2011 at 09:52 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by brandywine View Post
    sorry guys I'm new to this game so...i r confused.

Were these changes made so that PvP gear will be nerfed for Pve raids or are they nerfing Pvp altogether?
    If you're a PVPer, get out now. If you're a PVEr, stay. You'll love it since they love PVE in this game.
    What this patch means, PVE gears will have a free 34% VALOR Addded to their gear on top of their already nice stuff.

WHY CAN"T PVPer ever have nice stuff???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast