+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP no healers???

Soulwalker

Default PVP no healers???

Why does Rift start a PVP Warfront when one side has healers, and the other does not???

I can't imagine anyone trying to argue that this game isn't healer dependent.

Rift don't try and throw you in a dungeon without a healer.

I would rather just wait a little longer in que than be thrown into Warfront with no healers, when the other side has healers.

I also don't mind when both sides don't have healers. It's kinda fun!

Rift Master

If one side has better dps, they can easily win with less or no heals. Its definitly not impossible. The thing is you are probably fighting against better players and losing big, and saying lack of healing is the problem..which it may be, but likely there's more to it than that.

Rift Master

Anything to slow down the wf que is a bad idea, atleast not until some other pvp content is added to do while waiting for a wf to start

Soulwalker

Default Deffinitely not impossible

I agree it is not impossible to win without a healer.

However all I'm am stating is I wish Rift would not start obviously unbalanced PVP matches.

I understand your opinion is all you care about is how long you sit in que. - Fair enough, that's your opinion.

However, I enjoy evenly matched team play. Thus I would rather wait a little longer in que for two balanced teams to be built.

I guess this is kinda; people who like level 50's to just run them through the low level dungeons cause all they want is the gear, vs people who don't mind waiting in que for a tank and healer in the low level dungeons cause they want to play the dungeon.
    Last edited by Jonq; 06-11-2011 at 09:53 AM.

Shield of Telara

How about someone swap to healer? Are you telling me that there were no mages or clerics AT ALL in your team? If so, get some of the 10 rogues to go bard, it's not trion's fault that your team is full of selfish players.

Soulwalker

Default ???

Quote Originally Posted by Afyael View Post
    How about someone swap to healer? Are you telling me that there were no mages or clerics AT ALL in your team? If so, get some of the 10 rogues to go bard, it's not trion's fault that your team is full of selfish players.

I'm not talking about a premade team. Of course if I am on a premade team we have healers, tanks, and dps.

I'm talking about joining pug Warfronts. It should be the same system as when you join a pug dungeon. When you sign up to join a pug Warfront you should have to select your role/roles you are willing to play. Then Trion builds two balanced teams using the same system they do for dungeons.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Afyael View Post
    +1

This is so correct. Rogues can heal, Mages can heal and so Can... Clerics. I have yet to be on a team without rogues, clerics or mages (I am a chloromancer by the way)

Rift Disciple

The reason you don't see cleric healers is patch 1.2 and all the qq done at forums. With the dispels they made warden healing a bit of waste of time, if you get justicar to heal everything is dispellable even class mechanics buffs. So in the end you can live with all but you don't have fun any more. If you add that you get less favor at the end and dps people don't look after the healers (trion can't do anything for it) you end up healing yourself to stay alive , so you go dps that is funnier.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Jonq View Post
    I'm not talking about a premade team. Of course if I am on a premade team we have healers, tanks, and dps.

I'm talking about joining pug Warfronts. It should be the same system as when you join a pug dungeon. When you sign up to join a pug Warfront you should have to select your role/roles you are willing to play. Then Trion builds two balanced teams using the same system they do for dungeons.
    You totally missed the point. I'm sure there was a mage, rogue, or cleric in your pug that could have switched over to healer if you all see the start clock ticking down and still no healer. Btw I run a warden cleric exclusively in pvp. Another thing is I get tired of dps complaining about heals, and when I check the stat sheet our side has 3 of the top 5 healers, yet the other side has the top four dps. Why don't you all learn how to focus fire and kill something?

Soulwalker

Default Fair enough.

Fair enough. However there is more than just one point here that can be made.

1. @ the above people who like the current Warfront que system: Would you be comfortable with the same system being implemented in 5 man dungeons. Just randomly throw 5 people into a five man dungeon, and then let the group discuss who is going to change roles to tank and heal?

2. Everyone paid the same 15 dollars a month. Why should anyone on the team have to play a role in PvP they don't enjoy so that the others can have fun. Why can't everyone que up for the role they wish to play in the Warfront?

3. It is much easier to balance PvP around teams than around individual classes. If both teams had Warriors, Mages, Rogues, and Clerics then PvP would be balanced. Their would be no need to cry about how hard it is to kill a cleric, or how much damage a Rogue or Mage does, because your team has them too!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonq View Post
    Fair enough. However there is more than just one point here that can be made.

1. @ the above people who like the current Warfront que system: Would you be comfortable with the same system being implemented in 5 man dungeons. Just randomly throw 5 people into a five man dungeon, and then let the group discuss who is going to change roles to tank and heal?

2. Everyone paid the same 15 dollars a month. Why should anyone on the team have to play a role in PvP they don't enjoy so that the others can have fun. Why can't everyone que up for the role they wish to play in the Warfront?

3. It is much easier to balance PvP around teams than around individual classes. If both teams had Warriors, Mages, Rogues, and Clerics then PvP would be balanced. Their would be no need to cry about how hard it is to kill a cleric, or how much damage a Rogue or Mage does, because your team has them too!

... why not force same class/role/points spent and level to face each other too?
    Just to make it even more balanced ... not to forget that your counterpart needs to have the same gear and runes as you do.

So while you wait for 3 days to enter your WF I prefer to enter as damage and switch to healer/support, if I realize that that would be helpful (ok, I fail a lot, but at least people think I try to help :P).

Soulwalker

Default Owell.

Owell... Can't fight against the majority

Blizzard does know what people want- Fast que times so they can grind out that PvP gear with resilience on it.

And Trion was smart for copying their battleground system, and implementing valor...

Man it is depressing that 11 million+ people love this PvP style so much

Man I don't know what is going on in your battle group but I have surely lost matches where other side had 1 or no healers and we got steamrolled.

Voice communication and focus fire can be a deadly combo if the other team is not very organized. Trust me, and I play a pure healer.

+ Reply to Thread