+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Warrior Devouring Blow bugged and overpowered.

Default Warrior Devouring Blow bugged and overpowered.

This is somewhat of a repost from my other post, but I wanted to do this, since I cannot edit my other thread, and we didn't really get to the root of the problem of the old thread until the 4th page.

It seems Devouring Blow is draining a static amount of mana regardless of combo points used.

So the ability to spam mana drain off of 1 attack point and abusing glitched programming means.. you can drain like 470 mana every 2 seconds off of anyone since it has no cooldown.

Any attack point building ability > Devouring Blow > rinse and repeat = OOM target.

It needs reworked before 1.3.

Telaran

um cry more, learn to kite. If you stand in one spot and let it happen its your own fault.

and to be honest that should be the least of your worries with warriors atm.
    Last edited by NatoRosella; 06-11-2011 at 07:14 AM.
    Nato Rank 6 Killer
    Laying it Down

Quote Originally Posted by NatoRosella View Post
    um cry more, learn to kite. If you stand in one spot and let it happen its your own fault.

and to be honest that should be the least of your worries with warriors atm.
    Kiting =/= glitched programming.

Any smart warrior is going to have 5% insoles to prevent kiting.

Doesn't matter how you put it, the tooltip reads differently, and it's clearly not working as intended.

And it's accessible with next to no points into the VK tree, usable by any speced warrior, DPS or not.

-470 mana every 2 seconds is NOT a "L2P" issue. It's overpowered, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Kiting =/= glitched programming.

Any smart warrior is going to have 5% insoles to prevent kiting.

Doesn't matter how you put it, the tooltip reads differently, and it's clearly not working as intended.

And it's accessible with next to no points into the VK tree, usable by any speced warrior, DPS or not.

-470 mana every 2 seconds is NOT a "L2P" issue. It's overpowered, period.
    Want to post a vid of a warrior using a 1 point DB and generating a 470pt mana drain from it as confirmation, or should we all just assume Vk's need nerfed cause you said so? I have never run into the issue of being drained to 0 by a VK in any time frame less than what it would have taken for DPS to flat out kill me.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Catalysts View Post
    Want to post a vid of a warrior using a 1 point DB and generating a 470pt mana drain from it as confirmation, or should we all just assume Vk's need nerfed cause you said so? I have never run into the issue of being drained to 0 by a VK in any time frame less than what it would have taken for DPS to flat out kill me.

Cheers.
    I don't need to post anything, go duel any warrior and have them spam 1 attack point Devouring Blow.

-470 mana

-470 mana

Being able to drain 470 mana every 2 seconds is effectively killing you without killing your health.

I play WF's all day... and rarely get drained. I also have over 4,000 mana, ways to replenish it, ways to avoid warriors, knockbakc, stuns, disarms. If they're draining me, they're not attacking my mages, our flag carrier, whatever.

I'd rather they drain me (but again it rarely happens enough to OOM me) than force me to use the same amount of mana healing someone. I'm not trying to debunk your argument after so many posts, but as a VERY PvP active cleric, I'm just saying I've never noticed...

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

I don't need to post anything, go duel any warrior and have them spam 1 attack point Devouring Blow.

-470 mana

-470 mana

Being able to drain 470 mana every 2 seconds is effectively killing you without killing your health.
    I don't need to go duel a warrior, I have one.

By the way, warriors have a 1.5s global cooldown, helps to get the facts straight when you're spewing nonsense so it isn't as obvious.

You are presenting a claim that it is bugged and broken, present some proof, or give it a rest, no proof, no problem.

Cheers.
    Last edited by Catalysts; 06-11-2011 at 04:26 PM.

Stop spamming the forums with your mana drain QQ.

Also that mana burn is 20 points into the tree.

i have been trying to ignore you, but the shear ammount of wrong that you have accumulated has forced my hand.

devouring blow is NOT bugged. this is something you and another fool cooked up between you by selectively misunderstanding eachother. at one attack point is drains LESS mana than at 3 attack points. what it does do is it drains 100% of the damage done (and that damage varies due to attack points used).
    it drains that ammount of mana even if the damage is not completely applied, due to detaunts/absorb shields.

now, it is possible for some builds of warriors to build attack points faster. eg, paragons and paladins both can get passive abilities that proc bonus attack points. a void/para/pal spec is possible that can build 3 attack points within a single GCD. not everytime, no gauruntee, but can happen.

i've also seen you state that mana cannot be regained during combat. again i call shenanigans. i do the odd bit of mana draining myself, and after getting someone down to 0 mana, i see them spike it back up. not full, not even half, but enough to continue healing themselves/team. they do this while i'm beating on them, so yeah, mana recovery while in combat is possible.

a final note. your persistant QQing will only fall on deaf ears, and you'll find few sypathysers. cleric healing + survivability is considered overpowered at the moment. if VK mana draining causes a single cleric just one moment of grief, most players will chear for the VK. other clerics have already stated in your other thread that this isnt an issue for them. if its not them, not the VKs, then its pretty clear whatever problem you have encountered lies with you.

Warrior GCD is 1.5 secs, they can only drain once every 3 seconds, not 2, gosh.

Okita 60 Rogue l Creiddy 60 Cleric l Sacaen 60 Warr l Shiiun 60 Mage

Ascendant

This is somewhat of a repost from my other post, but I wanted to do this, since I cannot edit my other thread, and we didn't really get to the root of the problem of the old thread until the 4th page.

It seems Devouring Blow is draining a static amount of mana regardless of combo points used.

So the ability to spam mana drain off of 1 attack point and abusing glitched programming means.. you can drain like 470 mana every 2 seconds off of anyone since it has no cooldown.

Any attack point building ability > Devouring Blow > rinse and repeat = OOM target.

It needs reworked before 1.3.
    Are you kidding me.... With all overpowered Mage nonsense in the game this is what you come up with to complain about? Right now to avoid melee damage mages or rogues need to etiher run through someone or just run away. The hit box is so small I can never hit anyone. Also, mages can shot through walls or other bulls...

In other words, Trion dumb down the game to a point line of sight has no effect on casting spells and still you special ed kids complain.

Look.. mages are overpowered jokes and this Devouring blow is no where close to being overpowered. You are insane.

my main is a VK. i also have many alt clerics. there are MANY ways to regain mana in combat and, as a result, VK mana drains are USELESS.

My voidknight/champion spec was pulling in 1300+ drains. Are you saying it's now bugged? It didn't used to be, I was draining clerics dry regularly with SLI and Perfect Timing crits.

Quote Originally Posted by Lifeisdeath View Post
    my main is a VK. i also have many alt clerics. there are MANY ways to regain mana in combat and, as a result, VK mana drains are USELESS.
    i loled

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Semaj View Post
    My voidknight/champion spec was pulling in 1300+ drains. Are you saying it's now bugged? It didn't used to be, I was draining clerics dry regularly with SLI and Perfect Timing crits.
    Yep it's still working as intended.

draining any caster dry instantly upon looking at them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast