+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Lazy Lazy decisions Trion

Rift Disciple

Default Lazy Lazy decisions Trion

I feel as though the Valor changes are simply lazy. Instead of addressing the issues of balance and support, as well as the useless classes, they simply slathered on an extra helping of dmg reduction. Completely unbalanced for any class that relies on crit, while majorly buffing those that don't. As if clerics needed any more love. Nothing has been said about healing crits becoming cut in half.

And poor poor warriors, I feel for you. Not only is AP still worthless for you, but now your burst has been destroyed with the unbelievable nerf to SLI, and your crits will count for nothing since valor will now negate them to poor husks of your former glory. And still you are just about the easiest class to take down unless you're specced into a tank and then you're completely outshown by ANY cleric or mage with heals or rogue with 32 in Riftstalker. Why would any tank or dps pvp warrior even want to continue playing?

Trion.....what a poor poor joke you are playing on your paying customers.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Pimpinnitt View Post
    I feel as though the Valor changes are simply lazy. Instead of addressing the issues of balance and support, as well as the useless classes, they simply slathered on an extra helping of dmg reduction. Completely unbalanced for any class that relies on crit, while majorly buffing those that don't. As if clerics needed any more love. Nothing has been said about healing crits becoming cut in half.

And poor poor warriors, I feel for you. Not only is AP still worthless for you, but now your burst has been destroyed with the unbelievable nerf to SLI, and your crits will count for nothing since valor will now negate them to poor husks of your former glory. And still you are just about the easiest class to take down unless you're specced into a tank and then you're completely outshown by ANY cleric or mage with heals or rogue with 32 in Riftstalker. Why would any tank or dps pvp warrior even want to continue playing?

I agree with you, they really dont adress the issues at hand. Instead they try workarounds and band aid fixes. Look at how long pyros have been allowed to one shot people, something that should have been hotfixed is still ensuing. Tbh they really dont care and that is why they lost so many people so fast. Go around and look at most of their servers, they are empty, very few are still going strong and that is by a large degree due to the migration that happened as people fled dead servers for more populated ones.

This game should be renamed as it has been said before, Mages and Clerics of Telara, not RIFT.

Once you turn 50 if you didnt roll a mage or cleric the game it self says "You should have known better".

Rift Master

I do not remember any MMOs that worked this fast at balance and changes, you people expect too much.

In other games I waited 2 years for proper changes, in Rift your only expected to wait a few months.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by whistlingwind View Post
    I do not remember any MMOs that worked this fast at balance and changes, you people expect too much.

In other games I waited 2 years for proper changes, in Rift your only expected to wait a few months.
    Really? In which games did you wait 2+ years for sensible changes and balancing issues to be adressed? Just out of curiosity because when they can nerf or lets say "balance" titan strike in ONE patch, something tells me fulminate and 1700+ fireball crits sub 50 can be fixed too. I can spew a rather big list of their apparent **** ups.

When any single skill, under ANY condition, has the potential to ONE shot a player leaving NO room for any reaction time, it is O V E R P O W E R E D. The pvp from this game is a joke thank god GW2 is coming out. thats all.
    Last edited by Maelstormx; 06-11-2011 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstormx View Post
    I agree with you, they really dont adress the issues at hand. Instead they try workarounds and band aid fixes. Look at how long pyros have been allowed to one shot people, something that should have been hotfixed is still ensuing. Tbh they really dont care and that is why they lost so many people so fast. Go around and look at most of their servers, they are empty, very few are still going strong and that is by a large degree due to the migration that happened as people fled dead servers for more populated ones.

This game should be renamed as it has been said before, Mages and Clerics of Telara, not RIFT.

Once you turn 50 if you didnt roll a mage or cleric the game it self says "You should have known better".

Hahahaha ooo man that made my day.... why u ask? Cause its 100% true!!! Its what I thought when I hit 50 and did some pvp on my rogue
    Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Really? In which games did you wait 2+ years for sensible changes and balancing issues to be adressed? Just out of curiosity because when they can nerf or lets say "balance" titan strike in ONE patch, something tells me fulminate and 1700+ fireball crits sub 50 can be fixed too. I can spew a rather big list of their apparent **** ups.

When any single skill, under ANY condition, has the potential to ONE shot a player leaving NO room for any reaction time, it is O V E R P O W E R E D. The pvp from this game is a joke thank god GW2 is coming out. thats all.
    I can give u a perfect example to ur first question.... shamans in wow... they're always an expansion behind... trust me I know I've played one since vanilla.
    Grammar is important. Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse & helping your uncle jack off a horse.

WoW only started to get balanced after.....oh wait...6 years further and still whines about classes being OP.
    but the best thing that ever happend in wow pvp was resillience ;)
    oh wait whats valor again?
    its not Trion that destroys the game, its all u whiners that do, Trion just has the good intention to listen to these whiners, the paying costomers...u bring it all onto your selfs.

/thread
    Last edited by Lanaik; 06-11-2011 at 05:43 PM.

Soulwalker

...World of Warcraft anyone? Ret pallies were 100% useless aside from a leveling spec for pallies untill wrath came out. The ONLY time you brought a ret pally was to a 25m raid in BC, and even then you only brought ONE and the only reason he was even there was to give everyone blessing of might. This went on for years. Yet trion has made major balancing steps in a few months. GET. THE. ****. OVER. IT. Just ****ing suck it up you spineless sheeple, so you suck for a month or so, you WILL be fixed, I GUARANTEE it.

Rift Master

The pvp from this game is a joke thank god GW2 is coming out.
    I too am looking forward to GW2. However, you are severely mistaken if you believe it will launch with perfect balance and no class issues. Rift has moved quickly to make changes, and one can only hope GW2 is able to keep up.
    Last edited by Gilandred; 06-11-2011 at 06:26 PM.

Rift Master

I did'nt even need to answer, other people have more experience in games than you :P

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gilandred View Post
    I too am looking forward to GW2. However, you are severely mistaken if you believe it will launch with perfect balance and no class issues. Rift has moved quickly to make changes, and one can only hope GW2 is able to keep up.
    You truly have low standards for your game.
    This game had/perhaps still has the potential of being a multi-multi million dollar venture over many years such as WOW.
    However, they have apparently lacked the good sense to either hire more employees or see that bugs cannot persist for MONTHS without fixes.

I am not addressing the "balance" issues which in truth are sure to be tough to handle with such a loose soul system employed in the game, which is one point of true charm and originality that RIFT offers. I simply mean bugs, pure and simple which take weeks or months to be addressed.
    In my opinion, this is something that I simply can't abide. It is either sheer lazyness or lack of ability on Trion's part. I'm actually hoping the latter, as THAT is fixable.

With such an informed and truly helpful player base as this game has, with the sheer number of compendiums of bugs that are updated DAILY on the forums, the community of RIFT actually is doing a large part of the Dev's job for them. All thats left to do is fix them, yet they haven't, and are painfully slow to fix those that they have.

In my opinion it is unacceptable, and whether or not it has become the industry standard, it seems as though a developer would want to rise above it, with any and all means at their disposal.

Rift Master

You truly have low standards for your game.
    This game had/perhaps still has the potential of being a multi-multi million dollar venture over many years such as WOW.
    However, they have apparently lacked the good sense to either hire more employees or see that bugs cannot persist for MONTHS without fixes.

I am not addressing the "balance" issues which in truth are sure to be tough to handle with such a loose soul system employed in the game, which is one point of true charm and originality that RIFT offers. I simply mean bugs, pure and simple which take weeks or months to be addressed.
    In my opinion, this is something that I simply can't abide. It is either sheer lazyness or lack of ability on Trion's part. I'm actually hoping the latter, as THAT is fixable.

With such an informed and truly helpful player base as this game has, with the sheer number of compendiums of bugs that are updated DAILY on the forums, the community of RIFT actually is doing a large part of the Dev's job for them. All thats left to do is fix them, yet they haven't, and are painfully slow to fix those that they have.

In my opinion it is unacceptable, and whether or not it has become the industry standard, it seems as though a developer would want to rise above it, with any and all means at their disposal.
    You have no idea what its like, balancing is not only based on class skills and damage its also reflects how the player base decides to use them intended or not.

Programmers, developers and workers are all human and provide solutions that include things that we as humans cannot always forsee.

You really need to debug and balance something yourself with players that you never met and will never meet trying to meet everyones demands, it is not as easy as you suggest or at least a large proportion of the MMO would be more successful than they were.

Even if you made an exact replica of WoW and it's great achievements you would fall flat on your face, not only losing business because its a replica but also the development pace is so much slower that I'm sure you would be the first to post on their forums saying how their business is going to decline.

Now if you really want to have a small taste of the annoyance that is balance then play every class to 50 'slowly' completing every dungeon in every way possible with every possible combination of specs and collecting every possible output of damage and healing, and try it again with every set of gear or gear change, and PVP with every set again and duel every other class with all their potenitial setup.

TBH I can't even be bothered to carry on because its so long, but if you can do that in a day then Trion can fix all your problems in a week.
    Last edited by whistlingwind; 06-12-2011 at 05:22 AM.

Ascendant

At first it sound like warrior QQing about 1.3 changes, then I realized "hey so all out crit will get cut in half on players AFTER the 30+% damage reduction... Okayyyy"... " oh but the walking god is still crit-healing himself for 6k once every 2.5s..." "WTFLOL".
    Last edited by WarUltima; 06-12-2011 at 05:36 AM.

+ Reply to Thread