+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Last man/woman standing Warfront?

Shield of Telara

Default Last man/woman standing Warfront?

Felt like just throwing an idea regardless of how stupid it is. That time of night and coffee high so yeah, bare with me.

Last man/woman standing.

Max team 15v15 or 20v20 but no less then 5v5 or match won't start.

Title says it all. Which ever team has last person standing wins the match.

I'm sure that will be fun and good for premades vs premades.

EDIT - Oh, if you didn't catch on. You have 1 life basically. So when you die, you're out on the bench.
    Last edited by Valkorian; 06-11-2011 at 02:20 AM.

Shield of Telara

Better yet, because all the people say open world PvP doesn't exist, add a WF that is free for all.

No Faction vs Faction, all vs all.

Time limit 5-10 mins or which ever and just base Favour of off the usual stats. KB's, Death's, Kills, etc...

I dunno, I am just rambling.

I would rather have realistic group vs group play and more warfronts/warfront game types. This one doesn't make much sense to me in rift.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    I would rather have realistic group vs group play and more warfronts/warfront game types. This one doesn't make much sense to me in rift.
    The FFA or the Last man standing?

Last man standing is basically like Arena to a degree 5v5.. Premades would like it I am sure.

Like I said though, I am just rambling ideas atm to see if the community can reply and throw suggestions as well..

But you're right. I personally prefer warfronts like they have. Codex, Whitefall and Scion. Anything with objectives instead of just all out killings.
    Last edited by Valkorian; 06-11-2011 at 02:32 AM.

This would quite possibly be the most boring warfront ever. It will come down to healers on both teams being alive that can't kill each other.

Now what they need to do is add a straight up team deathmatch warfront. 5 man/first to 30 kills 10 man/first to 50 kills. Quick and fun as hell.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gabbelgak View Post
    This would quite possibly be the most boring warfront ever. It will come down to healers on both teams being alive that can't kill each other.
    Heh, I did think of that ya know. Last man on both sides = Cleric doing a healing vs healing stand.

But I am sure Premades would think of that and add Void Knights in or Dominators. Hence the whole reason of being a Premade.

But anyways, i'd love for more challenging objective Warfronts, just wanted to make a topic to waste some time whilst I am also reading.

Well yeah, team death match would be great to. The thing is with these ideas is they won't be for the normal PUG's. More for Premades.
    Last edited by Valkorian; 06-11-2011 at 02:40 AM.

Shield of Telara

Hows about a race type warfront?

Objective is first team to the finish line. Starts off two starting locations, so two canyons say that cross into one canyon after the first mini objective is finished.

At the cross over this is where the Guardians and Defiants can either just do all out slaughter or push to the finish line.

Have more objectives to do on the way which both factions can sabotage or something.

Again, I am just rambling ideas hoping for the PvP community to also throw ideas.. Too many people are complaining saying PvP is boring or not enough content.. So lets try and get good ideas for Trion to focus on as well as balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Felt like just throwing an idea regardless of how stupid it is. That time of night and coffee high so yeah, bare with me.

Last man/woman standing.

Max team 15v15 or 20v20 but no less then 5v5 or match won't start.

Title says it all. Which ever team has last person standing wins the match.

I'm sure that will be fun and good for premades vs premades.

EDIT - Oh, if you didn't catch on. You have 1 life basically. So when you die, you're out on the bench.

you will have a have a bunch of stealthed rogues running around everywhere which could last for ages!

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    you will have a have a bunch of stealthed rogues running around everywhere which could last for ages!
    True enough, you could also have a bunch of healers just spamming heals to.

There are a lot of flaws in the idea but still. Worth speculating on.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Valkorian View Post
    Better yet, because all the people say open world PvP doesn't exist, add a WF that is free for all.

No Faction vs Faction, all vs all.

Time limit 5-10 mins or which ever and just base Favour of off the usual stats. KB's, Death's, Kills, etc...

I dunno, I am just rambling.
    Why not both.
    But no "all vs all", keep it between faction.

Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    Now what they need to do is add a straight up team deathmatch warfront. 5 man/first to 30 kills 10 man/first to 50 kills. Quick and fun as hell.
    This ^ though I'd like the needed # of kills to be higher.

The WF are kinda ripping off COD anyways...so why not a team death match.
    Defiant | Firesand

+ Reply to Thread