+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 18

Thread: Please Un-Nerf Warriors In PVP

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    87

    Default Please Un-Nerf Warriors In PVP

    1. First you nerfed Flamespear.....because you said "Warriors should NOT be able to Range DPS"
    Yet you allowed Mages to Out Heal other classes, and to range dps and to retain GOD like 2 shot kill powers.
    You left Clerics and their ability to simply heal themselves through FIVE people beating on them at once.....and you let Clerics also be great Tanks...AND GREAT DPS. (some of our top raid dps are clerics..........)
    Then you allowed Rogues to remain Great TANKS....Great DPS....allowed them to go INVISIBLE in MID BEATDOWN.....and WARP all over the f'ing place and totally abuse Whitefall Steppes just like this was the same Warsong Gulch with DRUIDS ruining all that is PVP.

    2. THEN....you nerfed Stuns/Locks/Silences with your ridiculous 15 second nerf or whatever it is.....so that NOW...not only can a WARRIOR NOT Range attack you viably, but we can also NOT stun you and beat a healer 1v1....in fact ANY healing class who knows what they are doing can simply "kite....Nuke....selfheal...Nuke...Kill us"

    3. HEALING CLASSES are now GOD MODE bar none.
    Mages can do RIDICULOUS PVP DAMAGE because VALOR is a DOUBLE NERF to PHYSICAL DAMAGE since Armor Class also nerfs Phys DMG. So not only can I barely hurt a mage who is good, but they can still 2 shot me.

    4. Warriors have NO VIABLE escape abilities. If we spec right we can get 1-2 LONG COOLDOWNS which help us escape stuns.

    5. Our DPS in PVP is **** due to VALOR + AC mitigation.

    6. We have NO Viable RANGE SPEC.....so any "jump happy warping rogue can simply kite us ad nauseum (PLUS they have INVISIBLE AT WILL WHILE DMG/DOTTED...STUPIDEST SHIZ EVER IN A PVP GAME) ANY CLERIC/MAGE can KITE US......they have escape abilities and heals........it's ****** MODE EASY FOR THEM.

    ALL THE "nerf warriors" complaints I see now are "OMG 2 WARRIORS CAN DRAIN MY MANAZS" and "OMG IF THAT WARRIOR HAS A HEALER HES RIDIC"..............You're kidding me right? You're asking to nerf us more because their might be TWO of us versus you? So now it's not fair if we beat you 2 ON 1?????????

    We're pigeon holed.

    We're so easily beaten by a good pvper of ANY CLASS.......it's mind numbing.

    A. We have no range spec that's good.
    B. We have ZERO escape abilities.
    C. We can't heal ourselves in any sort of viable spec.
    D. Our MELEE HITBOX is smaller than an Ant's Junk.
    E. WE can be kited by ANY good pvper
    F. We have ZERO DPS against a good healer. They can not only out heal our dps due to the AC/Valor combo mitigation.......but they can kill us too while doing it!
    G. We are now the laughing stock of PVP because ALL of our stun combos and abilities are NERFED TO KINGDOM COME......hell half the time the VK ability of pulling someone to you is "IMMUNE"

    FIX US.......OR LOSE MORE OF US.

    Deca
    Lotham

  2. #2
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    128

    Default

    Yes very funny. I take it you posted this for amusement purposes only?

  3. #3
    Soulwalker Jakar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    I actually for once agree with some of what I have read in that.. The only way a warrior lives long enough in PVP is tanking, but you don't do any real damage so your no real threat.. then if we do champ/beast/paragon we leave with no defense so we do damage now, but the PLATE CLASS ARMOR still does nothing when it comes to resisting damage.. and why do we have fire/earth/death etc.. resist anyways why not just classify it all under magical damage and then that problem would be fixed.. and how in the hell is a cloth/leather armored opponent able to ward off 2 warriors and come out with more life then they started with, with no heals? So it's either be no real threat in pvp or just be that guy everyone is looking to snipe from a distance cause without a shield you took our armor away.. just sayn of course

  4. #4
    Banned Cyborg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Hell Gate
    Posts
    1,835

    Default

    warrior are very strong ...is just u need to know how to play them.
    Flamespear should have 6 sec cd

  5. #5
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anavar View Post
    1. First you nerfed Flamespear.....because you said "Warriors should NOT be able to Range DPS"
    VK/Reaver/Rift... you can be a "ranged DPS" Warrior. The issue with Flamespear was not as simple as "Warriors should NOT be able to Range DPS".

    Yet you allowed Mages to Out Heal other classes, and to range dps and to retain GOD like 2 shot kill powers.
    I agree. Those 51 Chloro - 51 Pyro - 51 Lock - 51 Elem - 51 Archon - 51 Necro - 51 Storm - 51 Dom - 21 AM Mage builds are killer...oh wait.

    You left Clerics and their ability to simply heal themselves through FIVE people beating on them at once.....and you let Clerics also be great Tanks...AND GREAT DPS. (some of our top raid dps are clerics..........)
    I can place five kittens on keyboards and they probably could not kill a Cleric either. If your five players are worse than that, what do you expect? As for Cleric tanking and DPS in PvE...er...thought you were talking about PvP?

    Then you allowed Rogues to remain Great TANKS....Great DPS....allowed them to go INVISIBLE in MID BEATDOWN.....and WARP all over the f'ing place and totally abuse Whitefall Steppes just like this was the same Warsong Gulch with DRUIDS ruining all that is PVP.
    You're honestly still having a problem with them after the changes? Or do you type real slow and started this a while back..?

    2. THEN....you nerfed Stuns/Locks/Silences with your ridiculous 15 second nerf or whatever it is.....so that NOW...not only can a WARRIOR NOT Range attack you viably, but we can also NOT stun you and beat a healer 1v1....in fact ANY healing class who knows what they are doing can simply "kite....Nuke....selfheal...Nuke...Kill us"
    Do you play on an official shard or an emulator or something? You sure do face a lot of those 51 pts in eight souls and 21 in the ninth builds. I'd rage on the forums like this too... heck, I've complained about some of the four role people myself - though, they did not sport 51 pts in all four.

    3. HEALING CLASSES are now GOD MODE bar none.
    The God of Peeling Paint? The God of Butterfly Dandruff? The God of Wilting Grass on a Lazy Summer Afternoon? Yes, they are those kind of Gods... oh wait, you meant...lol. Um, no.

    Mages can do RIDICULOUS PVP DAMAGE because VALOR is a DOUBLE NERF to PHYSICAL DAMAGE since Armor Class also nerfs Phys DMG. So not only can I barely hurt a mage who is good, but they can still 2 shot me.
    You know that physical damage was determined after taking armor into account, right? That against some targets, you'll be all like hoodie ninja on them while against others...you'll be all like emo hoodie kid crying on the forums about it.

    4. Warriors have NO VIABLE escape abilities. If we spec right we can get 1-2 LONG COOLDOWNS which help us escape stuns.
    See, most of the other stuff could have been seen as trolling and flamebait... but this, lol - it gives it away, man - too funny.

    5. Our DPS in PVP is **** due to VALOR + AC mitigation.
    Get...are you ready for this...? Are you...? Get...better.

    6. We have NO Viable RANGE SPEC.....so any "jump happy warping rogue can simply kite us ad nauseum (PLUS they have INVISIBLE AT WILL WHILE DMG/DOTTED...STUPIDEST SHIZ EVER IN A PVP GAME) ANY CLERIC/MAGE can KITE US......they have escape abilities and heals........it's ****** MODE EASY FOR THEM.
    I seriously hate those 51 MM - 51 Ranger - 51 Sin builds... man, they are so OP! I feel your pain.

    ALL THE "nerf warriors" complaints I see now are "OMG 2 WARRIORS CAN DRAIN MY MANAZS" and "OMG IF THAT WARRIOR HAS A HEALER HES RIDIC"..............You're kidding me right? You're asking to nerf us more because their might be TWO of us versus you? So now it's not fair if we beat you 2 ON 1?????????
    From the way you make it out, it would take a hundred Warriors to beat the deaf and blind kid with no hands...

    We're pigeon holed.
    And your post was pigeon poop...just saying.

    We're so easily beaten by a good pvper of ANY CLASS.......it's mind numbing.
    Have the feeling I could head over to the senior center right before nap time and round up some folks that would have no problem beating you...

    A. We have no range spec that's good.
    B. We have ZERO escape abilities.
    C. We can't heal ourselves in any sort of viable spec.
    D. Our MELEE HITBOX is smaller than an Ant's Junk.
    E. WE can be kited by ANY good pvper
    F. We have ZERO DPS against a good healer. They can not only out heal our dps due to the AC/Valor combo mitigation.......but they can kill us too while doing it!
    G. We are now the laughing stock of PVP because ALL of our stun combos and abilities are NERFED TO KINGDOM COME......hell half the time the VK ability of pulling someone to you is "IMMUNE"

    FIX US.......OR LOSE MORE OF US.

    Deca
    Lotham
    Trion, throw this guy a bone... if he leaves, we'll miss out on such entertaining posts!
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser inaliz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    346

    Default

    It's always gonna be frustrating to play a warrior if you don't have a good cleric with you. BUT, you should see this cleric warrior duo on my server. Dude out dmgs my rogue almost every time, he hits like a truck. Ever duel a good warrior in full p6 on the other classes? You should test and find out what's really going on before making misinformed satements. Warriors if played right are BEAST.

  7. #7
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    It's always gonna be frustrating to play a warrior if you don't have a good cleric with you. BUT, you should see this cleric warrior duo on my server. Dude out dmgs my rogue almost every time, he hits like a truck. Ever duel a good warrior in full p6 on the other classes? You should test and find out what's really going on before making misinformed satements. Warriors if played right are BEAST.
    This is one of the things that a lot of people often do not comprehend. There are many factors that need to be taken into account in regard to what is happening in PvP:

    A) Gear differences.
    B) Rank differences.
    C) Build differences.
    D) Team comp differences.
    E) Hardware differences.
    F) Internet connection differences.
    G) And even skill differences...

    I really suck on my Warrior, lol. I mean, I'm pathetic. I don't need Trion to buff Warriors to fix that. I'll just tool around on him at times and accept my limitations, knowing I can only get so much better. I get slaughtered by some Warriors while on my Mage, Cleric, or Rogue. I know that it is usually a combination of the factors I mentioned...so again, they do not need to be nerfed.

    There are definitely things that need to be tweaked for all the Callings... but tweaking is not the mindless swinging of the nerf/buff bat.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

  8. #8
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    4

    Question

    this makes zero sense. i made a warrior like a week ago im in pvp at level 19, and you just spec as a warrior that can drain there mana (VK), long range/short range DoT(VK) Charge at them IN COMBAT every 15 seconds and that when you charge at them it stuns them for 3 seconds AND keeps them in place after that, not only keeping up with teleporting classes during combat. They also have the ability of stuns, snares and abilities that keep them in place, AND abilities that interupt them for there current casting, how is this **** underpowered please tell.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Lonertee's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    119

    Default

    I love how every1 qqs about warriors now, and i just stay the same spec after patch and got like 30% dps increase :P <3 paragon <3

  10. #10
    Banned Bunzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,823

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    It's always gonna be frustrating to play a warrior if you don't have a good cleric with you. BUT, you should see this cleric warrior duo on my server. Dude out dmgs my rogue almost every time, he hits like a truck. Ever duel a good warrior in full p6 on the other classes? You should test and find out what's really going on before making misinformed satements. Warriors if played right are BEAST.
    I agree i am a mage and well played warriors own me.

  11. #11
    Ascendant phoenixfire82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Anavar View Post
    1. First you nerfed Flamespear.....because you said "Warriors should NOT be able to Range DPS"
    Yet you allowed Mages to Out Heal other classes, and to range dps and to retain GOD like 2 shot kill powers.
    You left Clerics and their ability to simply heal themselves through FIVE people beating on them at once.....and you let Clerics also be great Tanks...AND GREAT DPS. (some of our top raid dps are clerics..........)
    Then you allowed Rogues to remain Great TANKS....Great DPS....allowed them to go INVISIBLE in MID BEATDOWN.....and WARP all over the f'ing place and totally abuse Whitefall Steppes just like this was the same Warsong Gulch with DRUIDS ruining all that is PVP.

    2. THEN....you nerfed Stuns/Locks/Silences with your ridiculous 15 second nerf or whatever it is.....so that NOW...not only can a WARRIOR NOT Range attack you viably, but we can also NOT stun you and beat a healer 1v1....in fact ANY healing class who knows what they are doing can simply "kite....Nuke....selfheal...Nuke...Kill us"

    3. HEALING CLASSES are now GOD MODE bar none.
    Mages can do RIDICULOUS PVP DAMAGE because VALOR is a DOUBLE NERF to PHYSICAL DAMAGE since Armor Class also nerfs Phys DMG. So not only can I barely hurt a mage who is good, but they can still 2 shot me.

    4. Warriors have NO VIABLE escape abilities. If we spec right we can get 1-2 LONG COOLDOWNS which help us escape stuns.

    5. Our DPS in PVP is **** due to VALOR + AC mitigation.

    6. We have NO Viable RANGE SPEC.....so any "jump happy warping rogue can simply kite us ad nauseum (PLUS they have INVISIBLE AT WILL WHILE DMG/DOTTED...STUPIDEST SHIZ EVER IN A PVP GAME) ANY CLERIC/MAGE can KITE US......they have escape abilities and heals........it's ****** MODE EASY FOR THEM.

    ALL THE "nerf warriors" complaints I see now are "OMG 2 WARRIORS CAN DRAIN MY MANAZS" and "OMG IF THAT WARRIOR HAS A HEALER HES RIDIC"..............You're kidding me right? You're asking to nerf us more because their might be TWO of us versus you? So now it's not fair if we beat you 2 ON 1?????????

    We're pigeon holed.

    We're so easily beaten by a good pvper of ANY CLASS.......it's mind numbing.

    A. We have no range spec that's good.
    B. We have ZERO escape abilities.
    C. We can't heal ourselves in any sort of viable spec.
    D. Our MELEE HITBOX is smaller than an Ant's Junk.
    E. WE can be kited by ANY good pvper
    F. We have ZERO DPS against a good healer. They can not only out heal our dps due to the AC/Valor combo mitigation.......but they can kill us too while doing it!
    G. We are now the laughing stock of PVP because ALL of our stun combos and abilities are NERFED TO KINGDOM COME......hell half the time the VK ability of pulling someone to you is "IMMUNE"

    FIX US.......OR LOSE MORE OF US.

    Deca
    Lotham
    Yea, warriors have it rough. I like how you say warriors are terrible at range. I'll remember that the next time Path of the wind hits/crits me for more than the cumulative total of 5 swift shots hit/crit a warrior.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VirusDancer View Post
    VK/Reaver/Rift... you can be a "ranged DPS" Warrior. The issue with Flamespear was not as simple as "Warriors should NOT be able to Range DPS".

    I agree. Those 51 Chloro - 51 Pyro - 51 Lock - 51 Elem - 51 Archon - 51 Necro - 51 Storm - 51 Dom - 21 AM Mage builds are killer...oh wait.

    I can place five kittens on keyboards and they probably could not kill a Cleric either. If your five players are worse than that, what do you expect? As for Cleric tanking and DPS in PvE...er...thought you were talking about PvP?

    You're honestly still having a problem with them after the changes? Or do you type real slow and started this a while back..?

    Do you play on an official shard or an emulator or something? You sure do face a lot of those 51 pts in eight souls and 21 in the ninth builds. I'd rage on the forums like this too... heck, I've complained about some of the four role people myself - though, they did not sport 51 pts in all four.

    The God of Peeling Paint? The God of Butterfly Dandruff? The God of Wilting Grass on a Lazy Summer Afternoon? Yes, they are those kind of Gods... oh wait, you meant...lol. Um, no.

    You know that physical damage was determined after taking armor into account, right? That against some targets, you'll be all like hoodie ninja on them while against others...you'll be all like emo hoodie kid crying on the forums about it.

    See, most of the other stuff could have been seen as trolling and flamebait... but this, lol - it gives it away, man - too funny.

    Get...are you ready for this...? Are you...? Get...better.

    I seriously hate those 51 MM - 51 Ranger - 51 Sin builds... man, they are so OP! I feel your pain.

    From the way you make it out, it would take a hundred Warriors to beat the deaf and blind kid with no hands...

    And your post was pigeon poop...just saying.

    Have the feeling I could head over to the senior center right before nap time and round up some folks that would have no problem beating you...


    Trion, throw this guy a bone... if he leaves, we'll miss out on such entertaining posts!
    You are way too funny (and stupid) to be allowed to go outside let alone talk to people.

    Reaver as Ranged? Hahahahahahahahahaha
    The only purpose of reaver is to do little damage continually in order to heal yourself. A reaver makes no real impact in pvp aside from getting you more favor for the continual health drains. I haven't seen a Reaver for ages in any wf.

    Void Knight as Ranged? Hahahahahahahahaha
    Void ranged damage is even more pathetic then the reaver 90point dots. The void knight builds that do the best are all melee builds otherwise mana drain is extremely weak and damage is even weaker.

    Rift Warrior as Ranged? Put it with void for the strength increase due to pacts and it is great. HOWEVER, you can only kill physical damage classes and stupid ranged rogues who stay in your range. Healers will never die.

    As for your comment on clerics/5 kittens? You must play one and play it badly. I am full rnk6, including rnk6 weapon. I am currently running the void/para/champ build and I am topping damage in wf's continually when I get any heals that are more then drinking juice, yet I still come across those clerics who for some reason survive against myself and 3 other people for awhile till their mana runs out. So maybe what you meant to say is 5 kittens on your keyboard pressing random keys will still allow your cleric to survive 5 actual people trying to kill them.

  13. #13
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    262

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    Yea, warriors have it rough. I like how you say warriors are terrible at range. I'll remember that the next time Path of the wind hits/crits me for more than the cumulative total of 5 swift shots hit/crit a warrior.
    Blame that on your lack of valor and the pve gear (which allows for more crits) that that warrior would have been wearing. Maybe even a legendary weapon which outshines any pvp weapon out there greatly. You wear all greens perhaps?

    You really should keep quiet unless you understand the facts.

  14. #14
    Ascendant phoenixfire82's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,774

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Veronne View Post
    Blame that on your lack of valor and the pve gear (which allows for more crits) that that warrior would have been wearing. Maybe even a legendary weapon which outshines any pvp weapon out there greatly. You wear all greens perhaps?

    You really should keep quiet unless you understand the facts.
    I have a rank 6 fully geared mage, a rank 5 rogue and a rank 4 cleric. What are your credentials?

  15. #15
    Ascendant Vaine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    2,322

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    I have a rank 6 fully geared mage, a rank 5 rogue and a rank 4 cleric. What are your credentials?
    The mere fact that you didn't bother to pvp with a warrior states a lot about the calling

    To everyone else:
    Yes the warrior sucks at lower ranks ... yes it does get a lot better. At about 25% valour is when the warrior really shines. Stick with it.
    <The Unnamed> GSB 5/5 ROS 4/4 GP 4/4 DH 4/4 HK 10/11
    Lace - Whitefall- R8 Warrior
    Mythril - Whitefall- R8 Cleric

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts