+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 99

Thread: Warrior mana drains need toned down.

  1. #1
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default Warrior mana drains need toned down.

    It's rather dumb when a warrior can sit on you, for less than 20 seconds and OOM you from full mana.

    Needs serious attention.

    That's just ONE warrior, everytime they use their mana drain ability, it removes 470 mana.

    So all they have to do is get 3 attack points, and use it, which is 4 globals.

    So 2 warriors can drain 940 mana every 4 globals.

    That's rather ******ed and renders casters useless.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 06-11-2011 at 12:54 AM.

  2. #2
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    All I see in WFs now, is Warriors spamming mana drain.

    There always seems to be 2 warriors on me spamming it, and they do it because they know it's so effective.

    It even renders mana pots useless, I mean every 8 seconds they can remove 1k mana if you're getting trained by 2 warriors?

    There's no way to even counter this, and all you can do is die after you're OOM.

    There's nothing more effective in a WF than having 2 warriors sit on a Cleric healer for about 12-16 seconds and OOM them, then swap targets to another caster.

  3. #3
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Why do Void Knights need their mana drain toned down?

    Mages can gib entire groups with thunderstorms and pyro stun flicker and destroy pretty much anyone, wardens can spam aoe heal entire raid groups with practically no effort and the healing doesn't scale with valor, and now you want void knights to lose the ability to counter that by eating your mana? I guess their ability to strip buffs should also be taken away right? How much more do warriors need to be nerfed, leave them alone, they have it hard enough as it is.

  4. #4
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    Why do Void Knights need their mana drain toned down?

    Mages can gib entire groups with thunderstorms and pyro stun flicker and destroy pretty much anyone, wardens can spam aoe heal entire raid groups with practically no effort and the healing doesn't scale with valor, and now you want void knights to lose the ability to counter that by eating your mana? I guess their ability to strip buffs should also be taken away right? How much more do warriors need to be nerfed, leave them alone, they have it hard enough as it is.
    VKs don't die, especially with a healer backing them up.

    All they have to do, to win a WF is tunnel vision spam mana drain, JUST by doing that, you are being the single BIGGEST asset to your team, you are rendering casters useless, and you will not die, so you can indefinately do it.

    Come on now, 470 mana every 4 globals is a little overboard.

    In long fights with equally geared/skilled opponents, whoever has a mana drainer is going to win, do not even deny it.

    Even if they nerfed mana drains by 1/2 and made it 235 mana every 4 globals it would be effective in long fights, but 470? That's just overkill it doesn't take long to OOM multiple people in long fights.

    And without mana, blue bar classes are useless, there's only limited ways to recover mana, and none of those are in combat.
    Last edited by Pesmergia; 06-11-2011 at 01:13 AM.

  5. #5
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    I seriously wish more Defiants would roll up void knights in their PvP soul and use that against guardians more in warfronts. After all Guardians tend to a have a ton of clerics, it goes with the theme of their faction.

  6. #6
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    VKs don't die, especially with a healer backing them up.
    That's funny, unless they're smart enough to use a shield I normally have no problem killing them. Why don't you sic another void knight on their healer?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    All they have to do, to win a WF is tunnel vision spam mana drain, JUST by doing that, you are being the single BIGGEST asset to your team, you are rendering casters useless, and you will not die, so you can indefinately do it.
    All you need is a good marksman eradicating his buffs while someone burns him down. Hell you don't even need that if he's distracted trying to kill a cleric. He's hardly as OP as a Shammy Warden who shells up and spams hots while DPSing.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Come on now, 470 mana every 4 globals is a little overboard.
    No it's not. In fact the game seriously needs someone who can counteract otherwise near invincible warden shammys, mega damage stormlords, and pyrogods in valor gear.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    In long fights with equally geared/skilled opponents, whoever has a mana drainer is going to win, do not even deny it.
    If only that were true, because I know a damn good one yet we still can't keep up with guardian teams with 4 wardens spamming heals while Stormcallers and Pyromancers wipe the group.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nerus View Post
    That's funny, unless they're smart enough to use a shield I normally have no problem killing them. Why don't you sic another void knight on their healer?
    There's no way to be that coordinated in PuGs. And all the VKs I am fighting are in PuGs themselves, and still do it because they know it's so effective.



    All you need is a good marksman eradicating his buffs while someone burns him down. He's hardly as OP as a Shammy Warden who shells up and spams hots while DPSing.
    All you need to obliterate a Shammy warden is exactly what you just stated rendering your argument moot.



    No it's not. In fact the game seriously needs someone who can counteract otherwise near invincible warden shammys, mega damage stormlords, and pyrogods in valor gear.
    You have eradicate for that, which is plenty, and assist trains. And your own Pyro gods who can global me.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Pesmergia's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    1,735

    Default

    Vks can strip buffs also, so with a MM you have 2 people pulling hots off left and right, and you can't kill a Warden?

    And you STILL need the mana drain clutch?

    I agree the mana drain should stay but it needs toned down, maybe 200 mana removed, warden aoe spells are already costly, not even factoring in mana drains.

  9. #9
    Ascendant Adnoz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,882

    Default

    It's almost like mana bars can be countered but that would be sillly. nerf pls

    (Gear)

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,528

    Default

    if anything it needs boosting to counter godmode clerics.

  11. #11
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    There's no way to be that coordinated in PuGs. And all the VKs I am fighting are in PuGs themselves, and still do it because they know it's so effective.
    So you're saying their Void Knights are coordinated enough to attack healers, but yours aren't?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    All you need to obliterate a Shammy warden is exactly what you just stated rendering your argument moot.
    So my argument is moot because a coordinated group effort with a VK or Marksman can kill Shammy Wardens in valor gear?

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    You have eradicate for that, which is plenty, and assist trains. And your own Pyro gods who can global me.
    Why don't you use eradicate on the void knight then and burn him down? You know pretty much all you need to win a warfront are wardens pyros and stormcallers, every other class just tries to do it's best against the gods of healing fire and lightning.

  12. #12
    Shield of Telara Nerus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    703

    Thumbs down

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    Vks can strip buffs also, so with a MM you have 2 people pulling hots off left and right, and you can't kill a Warden?
    No, in that scenario I could, because you just presented the Perfect Scenario. Your argument appears to be that a coordinated group effort can remove your buff armor and make you vulnerable to attacks, therefore a nerf is needed.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    I agree the mana drain should stay but it needs toned down, maybe 200 mana removed, warden aoe spells are already costly, not even factoring in mana drains.
    Absolutely not. First off I've seen wardens with absolutely insane mana regeneration, second there needs to be a class that can effectively destroy mana, and honestly 200 mana just isn't enough.

  13. #13
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    708

    Default

    I think Void Knight Mana drains are fine. The good thing is it creates more uniqueness with warfronts because there is a more wider variety of classes/souls.

    If Void knights got better mana drains further up in their tree I am sure we would start seeing more pure spec Void Knight's. Which again is another good thing.

    Also gives Warriors a different style of playing instead of the usual DPS and Tank.

  14. #14
    Ascendant VirusDancer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    4,000

    Default

    Kind of makes me sad, thinking about what they did to Doms...
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

  15. #15
    Telaran
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pesmergia View Post
    VKs don't die, especially with a healer backing them up.

    All they have to do, to win a WF is tunnel vision spam mana drain, JUST by doing that, you are being the single BIGGEST asset to your team, you are rendering casters useless, and you will not die, so you can indefinately do it.

    Come on now, 470 mana every 4 globals is a little overboard.

    In long fights with equally geared/skilled opponents, whoever has a mana drainer is going to win, do not even deny it.

    Even if they nerfed mana drains by 1/2 and made it 235 mana every 4 globals it would be effective in long fights, but 470? That's just overkill it doesn't take long to OOM multiple people in long fights.

    And without mana, blue bar classes are useless, there's only limited ways to recover mana, and none of those are in combat.
    You mean rendering "a caster" useless, you make it sound like 1 VK can disable an army of casters at the same time. 4 globals is 6 seconds, 470 mana every 6 seconds provided that the VK somehow stays on the target 24/7. I see geared casters with 5-6k mana everywhere so that's going to be over 1 minute to oom 1 person, how long is it going to take to disable a whole army?

    Whoever has mana drain will win a battle? lol that's like saying whoever has more healers and more stormcallers will win, do not even deny it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts