+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: NEW in 1.3: EXCITING CvC COMBAT!!

Default NEW in 1.3: EXCITING CvC COMBAT!!

Gameplay

What classes can I play?
    You begin the game by choosing (Cleric) and then build your perfect class using the Ascended Soul system. For more information, check out the Classes & Callings page.

Is there Cleric vs. Cleric combat in RIFT?
    RIFT offers many forms and fashions of Cleric vs. Cleric (CvC) combat. Head to the CvC page for more details.

Does RIFT offer crafting and/or trade skills?
    RIFT features a robust and comprehensive crafting and gathering system. Rogues, Warriors, and Mages make excellent crafters.

Are there guilds in RIFT?
    Absolutely. RIFT offers a comprehensive guild system that is accessible to organizations of Clerics both large and small.

Does RIFT have factions?
    Yes. The world of Telara is divided politically between two major factions: the Clerics with tans and the Clerics without tans. Both factions seek to save the world from planar destruction, but in very different ways. The factions are engaged in open conflict, and battle frequently, so no cross-faction groups or guilds can exist in RIFT.

For more information on the Untanned Clerics and the Tanned Clerics, please visit our Player Factions pages.

rightio either im too old or. .... i don't get it :P

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Flaymar View Post
    rightio either im too old or. .... i don't get it :P
    The OP is basically being sarcastic. Saying the developers did not deliever on promises and that the only class is actually the cleric builds since they are so leet sauce in their opinion.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    Gameplay

What classes can I play?
    You begin the game by choosing (Cleric) and then build your perfect class using the Ascended Soul system. For more information, check out the Classes & Callings page.

RIFT offers many forms and fashions of Cleric vs. Cleric (CvC) combat. Head to the CvC page for more details.

RIFT features a robust and comprehensive crafting and gathering system. Rogues, Warriors, and Mages make excellent crafters.

Absolutely. RIFT offers a comprehensive guild system that is accessible to organizations of Clerics both large and small.

Does RIFT have factions?
    Yes. The world of Telara is divided politically between two major factions: the Clerics with tans and the Clerics without tans. Both factions seek to save the world from planar destruction, but in very different ways. The factions are engaged in open conflict, and battle frequently, so no cross-faction groups or guilds can exist in RIFT.

For more information on the Untanned Clerics and the Tanned Clerics, please visit our Player Factions pages.
    Honestly I feel exactly the same way.

Regardless of skill or gear a single Cleric should never be able -at 50- stay up when being focus fired by 10 people. Assuming the other team always has Eradicate MM and a mana draining Warrior+R6 Rogue is garbage, PuGs don't have those!

Clerics can tank, melee DPS, ranged DPS and god mode heal!

I say let Warrior Paladin Soul be a healing soul in plate with bubble! Thats all thats left really :/

It takes 10 of your people to take down a cleric? If this is so your dps sucks and needs to learn how to play. PuGs don't have eradicate mms?? LOL you can't be serious. Half the time I see amarksman PuG players over using eradicate on everything when not even needed. I can kill clerics on my rogue 1v1 no problem. Only time I have issues is when there are two heal clerics chain healing themselves which 1 dps should not be able to take down.

The only problem with cleric is that it's the best healer, amazing dps and hardest to kill. It should only get two of these things at most. IMO nerf their damage, obviously a cleric should be the best healer. A class that can heal themselves and wear a shield should be very hard to kill. But a cleric should not be able to top pvp damage charts. I would say a 10-15% damage nerf is needed just because they can't be all 3 of the things I listed.

Here's the thing though, sometimes healers aren't the funnest thing to play and if we need them to do damage so that we have a lot of people that play healer class. This might actually be a good thing, I like heals.
    Last edited by inaliz; 06-11-2011 at 02:27 AM.

Rift: Clerics of Telara

Lol, it does have a funny - you know - sound to it.

Cleric Tank LFG...
    ...Cleric Heals LFG...
    ...LF3M Cleric DPS.

edit: Though, I guess - in Rift: Clerics of Telara - you would not need "Cleric" before Tank, Heals, nor DPS.
    Last edited by VirusDancer; 06-11-2011 at 03:46 AM.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

Rift Chaser

Can we mix crafting classes? like a mage to make the metal hot and a warrior to hammer it? and maybe a rogue to add detail?

Default I lol'd

There are more than a few All Cleric Guilds because clerics can pretty much do everything, though they have to know how to play their class right and get good gear if they want to go around tanking. What I don't understand is how they deal with the PvE drops, I mean they must kill boss after boss only to see rogue mage and plate drops, then when they finally see a good cleric drop they have 5-20 clerics to roll, seems like it would be a pain to me.

An all cleric PvP guild that runs premades on the other hand...

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post
    It takes 10 of your people to take down a cleric? If this is so your dps sucks and needs to learn how to play. PuGs don't have eradicate mms?? LOL you can't be serious. Half the time I see amarksman PuG players over using eradicate on everything when not even needed. I can kill clerics on my rogue 1v1 no problem. Only time I have issues is when there are two heal clerics chain healing themselves which 1 dps should not be able to take down.

The only problem with cleric is that it's the best healer, amazing dps and hardest to kill. It should only get two of these things at most. IMO nerf their damage, obviously a cleric should be the best healer. A class that can heal themselves and wear a shield should be very hard to kill. But a cleric should not be able to top pvp damage charts. I would say a 10-15% damage nerf is needed just because they can't be all 3 of the things I listed.

Here's the thing though, sometimes healers aren't the funnest thing to play and if we need them to do damage so that we have a lot of people that play healer class. This might actually be a good thing, I like heals.
    There's no problem with clerics being able to have great heals, or great survivability, or great DPS.
    The problem is when they can set up their soul in a way to do all of that at the same time.

As a comparison, if a mage went pyro or stormcaller ( for the DPS ), chloro ( for the heals ) and warlock ) for survivability, he could not get very far in at least 2 trees, and then usually 2 out of the 3 ( dps, heals, survivability ) would not be that great.

But clerics can do this easily, the have TONS of great heals accessible with very few points invested, TONS of great DPS abilities, again, accessible with few points, and defensive abilities, which, with their heals, make them super hard to kill.
    That's what is wrong. The only thing Trion needs to do, is to make their good abilities higher in the trees, so you can't take everything at once.
    The way trees are designed, is that the end-tree skills are usually long cooldowns.
    All the 6-10 seconds cooldowns are in the level 10-20 part of the trees, and around 30, it's the 1-2 minutes cooldown.
    So if you put 20 points in 3 trees, you get all the abilities that are in a standard rotation ( the 12 seconds HoT's, the dots, all that stuff ). The only thing you won't have, is the 2 minutes cooldown and the like.
    But that's not a big deal if you're a healer DPS'er tank. You don't need cooldowns to do well.

On a side note : While clerics might be over the top... If 10 guys can't kill one of them, they just plain suck.
    Even if clerics are fixed, those 10 guys will still suck.

They won't be able to kill 1 cleric, if he has the support of a rogue?

Don't judge balance by witnessing a team of fail not being able to kill someone.
    Figure it out by looking at what great players do with these classes, and against these classes.

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    There's no problem with clerics being able to have great heals, or great survivability, or great DPS.
    The problem is when they can set up their soul in a way to do all of that at the same time.

As a comparison, if a mage went pyro or stormcaller ( for the DPS ), chloro ( for the heals ) and warlock ) for survivability, he could not get very far in at least 2 trees, and then usually 2 out of the 3 ( dps, heals, survivability ) would not be that great.

But clerics can do this easily, the have TONS of great heals accessible with very few points invested, TONS of great DPS abilities, again, accessible with few points, and defensive abilities, which, with their heals, make them super hard to kill.
    That's what is wrong. The only thing Trion needs to do, is to make their good abilities higher in the trees, so you can't take everything at once.
    The way trees are designed, is that the end-tree skills are usually long cooldowns.
    All the 6-10 seconds cooldowns are in the level 10-20 part of the trees, and around 30, it's the 1-2 minutes cooldown.
    So if you put 20 points in 3 trees, you get all the abilities that are in a standard rotation ( the 12 seconds HoT's, the dots, all that stuff ). The only thing you won't have, is the 2 minutes cooldown and the like.
    But that's not a big deal if you're a healer DPS'er tank. You don't need cooldowns to do well.

On a side note : While clerics might be over the top... If 10 guys can't kill one of them, they just plain suck.

Don't judge balance by witnessing a team of fail not being able to kill someone.
    Figure it out by looking at what great players do with these classes, and against these classes.
    I wish rogues could one shot people upon leaving stealth, and immediately re-enter it within that second. That way good teams would counter it with anti stealth skills. Sounds balanced right?
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post

No, they can't. Clerics in PvP can either spec for survivability and heals, or DPS. There is no build that gives them all three. Don't make things up to support your argument.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by inaliz View Post

Clerics are not a healing class, they are a class class that *can* heal, like Mage and Rogue. Difference between Mage and Cleric healing is that while our heals are stronger, our DPS is much worse.

Rogues get the short end of the stick in Healing... maybe that's why they have the best buffs.

DPS clerics are stupidly easy to kill by anyone who understands the class.

Healing clerics are stupidly easy to kill 1v1 by anyone who understands the class.

I'm glad Trion actually looks at the classes instead of nerfing blindly based off brainless complaints like a certain other MMO does.

The only spec that can top both DPS and Healing in charts for Clerics is one that dies in about 2 seconds if you purge it once. And it can only top those charts if large AOE battles go on forever. That would be the bridge in Scion....
    Last edited by Niclamus; 06-11-2011 at 09:03 AM.

Soulwalker

"People are getting to R6 too quickly!"

Hmm.. let's change the mechanics so people don't die as much and thus, lower prestige/favor will be earned. Small, but it should slow things down.

lgw

Please give me more Clerics. For every person who rerolls a Cleric in 1.3, I'll put one point into Dominator in my PVP spec. Will I make it to 51 ?

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Eggs View Post
    Gameplay

What classes can I play?

Does RIFT have factions?

They should just give all 4 classes a healing tree on par with clerics.
    50 Warrior
    50 Mage
    50 Defiant cleric
    50 rogue
    50 Defiant Mage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast