+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Atten:Archonix/Gresh PvP Suggestions for 1.4 (not mindless complaints lol)

Default Atten:Archonix/Gresh PvP Suggestions for 1.4 (not mindless complaints lol)

Suggestion's:

Resistances:
    Currently Resistance works in War Fronts but the focus of people overides it for any normal caster.Suggest making this focus consderable less effective in War Fronts, so people could have the option of using say fire or death resist gear and or scource engines.

Geometry: Should be address in all future War fronts in time taking to reach each objective in a timely manner being equal on a lvl 50 mount (seems no matter how fast i move and which route I take the other team makes it there first in port and in many warfronts there is LOS advantges that favor one side or the other if the intent is to have an equal playing field .)I dont belive everything should be equal but just keep it in mind.

Port scion : npc executor Khazik should have the quest auto pop up after a turn in or accepting a quest automaticlly. Kinda lame to click the guy 6 times for turn ins and to pick up new ones when they get completed.

Ranking System:
    Would Like to see Pvp Premade Que brackets... so if i wanted to Que 15-20 premades vs another server we could do that with rank 5-6 premades or prehaps add a 5v5 only arena that takes rank into consideration much like a search internal search engine to match you up the best they can by valor etc with ranking score and that of the team name (of course you dont want to fight the same two groups all night and I dont have all the answers but you get the idea etc..This way casuals would not get steamrolled by geared players while learning to pvp and pvp premades get to have some real fights rather then picking on the kiddies :PThey could always que regualr if they wanted to nerd rage on the youngsters.

Port Scion: It should not be as quick of a pve realted win though its neat.... currently the fastest way to win is blow up one idol and kill the npc mini boss then bum rush boss for a 3 min warfront win( though the favor is nice).
    Id say in general reduce the cost of games won this way to make acutly pvp n in a fight worth more of a time investment or have some draw back to pve in the future.( unless its a open pvp lake with some kind of raid boss that pvp people could guard the raids while there team trys to down the boss and hold objectives etc etc.)

Prehaps buff the bosses in port or have them manditory kill both idols 2x's or something. I dunno feels like the matches arent as fun Since it became a run to the boss pve zerg sort of thing.

Port scion often is like trying to organize 15-20 people .....is much like taking 15 pugs to ROS from 15 diffrent guilds.I Dont know.I am just speaking from what I have seen in game and what I think could be slightly better with what you crrently have and what could be better down the road.Id rather new content for pvp roll in with improvements then you waste time on the current warfronts tbh.

keep a few of these things in mind and continue to Push up the pvp ranking system up to at least 8 or so when hammerknell comes out or soon after....so that the items from there dont over powa the pvp Gear etc.

Thank you for time.

Respectfully
    (Rank 6 cleric)
    Last edited by Epicedium; 06-10-2011 at 09:39 PM.

Plane Walker

.Suggest making this focus consderable less effective in War Fronts
    (Rank 6 cleric)
    10/10, you got me.

Also I sent a few ingame bugs/exploits have a look or pm me a email address unless its the same.
    Last edited by Epicedium; 06-10-2011 at 09:49 PM.

Soulwalker

Bump very intresting post

dmv

Worthless. No new content, an update to the way you turn in quests, and a bracket system, sounds like a job for a hotfix IMO.
    What needs to happen: Whenever there's a new tier of pve equipment, there needs to be a pvp set with comparable stats. That includes relics.
    As for actual content, a PVP map would be wonderful, but if that's too much, pvp world events that reward tokens per player killed during it's duration, or something like that. I do agree that maps need to be faction balanced as there are some discrepancies.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by dmv View Post
    Worthless. No new content, an update to the way you turn in quests, and a bracket system, sounds like a job for a hotfix IMO.
    What needs to happen: Whenever there's a new tier of pve equipment, there needs to be a pvp set with comparable stats. That includes relics.
    As for actual content, a PVP map would be wonderful, but if that's too much, pvp world events that reward tokens per player killed during it's duration, or something like that. I do agree that maps need to be faction balanced as there are some discrepancies.
    Yup that is what i was getting at... but that is pretty common sense stuff .I am sure they are on top of it . This was just a friendly reminder that this i on most of our guilds pvp minds.Id hardly say worthless. as im sure its all on the way @ some time before or after hammerknell. seems they push pve then pvp and swap back and forth for the most part.

Prehaps they could figure a way that valor to some extent negates some of the focus with a bit of math and some of the games code guys at work...just some thoughts would be nice since they have all this resist gear in game and runes and potions/essances if we could get some noticable effect with them in pvp.
    Linking it up with valor might produce logical answer some how.I do not have all the answers but i have a general idea of what could work.
    Last edited by Epicedium; 06-11-2011 at 06:02 AM.

dmv

Quote Originally Posted by Epicedium View Post
    Yup that is what i was getting at... but that is pretty common sense stuff .I am sure they are on top of it . This was just a friendly reminder that this i on most of our guilds pvp minds.Id hardly say worthless. as im sure its all on the way @ some time before or after hammerknell. seems they push pve then pvp and swap back and forth for the most part.

Prehaps they could figure a way that valor to some extent negates some of the focus with a bit of math and some of the games code guys at work...just some thoughts would be nice since they have all this resist gear in game and runes and potions/essances if we could get some noticable effect with them in pvp.
    Linking it up with valor might produce logical answer some how.I do not have all the answers but i have a general idea of what could work.
    Oh let me reassure you. They are NOT on top of it. If it is actually on their to do list I imagine it's down there next to creating some kind of cinematic upon entering meridian. 1.2 gave you a decent advantage by obtaining PVE gear. Now? It will be a requirement for any competitive pvper.
    Retired due to lack of PVP content and boring/repetitive game mechanics.

+ Reply to Thread