+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Friendly discussion on PvP

Soulwalker

Default Friendly discussion on PvP

Hey all,

Just wanted to share a few ideas and get a friendly discussion on some pvp changes I came up with. I'm completely open to criticism, and was wondering if you all out there felt any of these ideas could be implemented successfully in the game.

I'm aware most of these ideas have been done before, but with the right minds behind it, they could be improved. I also believe it would spice up pvp significantly.

1. Hierarchy system
    Server wide pvp system where you gain points from different feats, making for extremely powerful gear
    Higher up someone is, more wanted they are, more reward for killing them (substantially more at higher levels)
    Could even set up a voting system to determine who fits in each category
    If killed, ranking system could take a hit (would spice up pvp more) and could also add in a decay

Sample Guardians

Immortal

Grand Legend

High Legend

Legend

Grand Master

High Master

Master

Grand Guardian

High Guardian

Guardian

2. Battleground point system
    Rewards excellent play
    More points for surviving, killing, etc. (healers can gain points for amount of heals, how long they survived, etc.)
    Exponential points for continued dominance
    In battleground "levels" that you advance to to gain massive points/rewards
    Voting system at end to determine points (can rank each player showing how good they did, gets allocated to hierarchy above)
    Can do voting system to either rank players 1-10, or you could rank multiple players in the same category, with only a few being allowed for the top spots

3. Singular Battleground titles
    Each battleground will award "best" and "worst" titles
    Can be titles, and they can be temporary

4. Arena
    Very close to wow system, but including 1v1
    Must prevent "healer vs. healer" combos somehow or make it so pillars drop when two healers detected

I apologize for the terrible formatting, just thought of a quick post while at work! Please let me know what you guys think.

Funny there's no replies yet. I think it's because you used the word "friendly" in your title.

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Znick View Post
    Funny there's no replies yet. I think it's because you used the word "friendly" in your title.

Z
    Haha, true that. People probably just want to flame. Maybe I should change the title.

I like the ranking idea but doing it based on kills and deaths is not so great. Clerics would just all be top ranked and melee would be on the bottom.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by DaseinNJ View Post
    I like the ranking idea but doing it based on kills and deaths is not so great. Clerics would just all be top ranked and melee would be on the bottom.
    The in-battleground ranking, or the hierarchy?

+ Reply to Thread