Closed Thread

Thread: I quit Rift today... This isn't goodbye but MAYBE a see you in the future thread...

Shadowlander

Default I quit Rift today... This isn't goodbye but MAYBE a see you in the future thread...

Anyway after reading the feedback most people give about the pvp at 50 (only Wfs to GRIND) no real world pvp objects etc...

I notice I'd be wasting my time(life) to continue to play a game to only hit a brick wall at 50.

I realize this when 1.3 was announce and nothing was added to address the issue of pvp end game- nonexstient at this point- Don't dare say grinding for gear is end game pvp- unless you consider end game to be about wearing cool purples...

What would be end game pvp? Now that I've been thinking about it anything that would contribute to having fun and bring the social aspect of a mmo.

Grouping up with 5 people tops to do a wf is not MMO. Thats more like a console game.

Having raids to raid lands and conquer stuff sounds like more fun to me.

Tell then playing this game is a waste of time so I'll just wait for the next MMo whatever it is and give it a chance. (Waste of time because if I continue to invest on leveling 4 different characters that I will no longer play in a few months.. that equal a waste of time...)

Goodbye, till and only if Rift does something for the pvp community... till then have fun in your pve game.

And you are?

LOL... while 2% ***** and moan here, the other 98% are having a great time in game. In fact, the majority of the people who cry on the forums here login and play 20 WF's a day afterwards.

Don't be a sheep and follow the herd. Level to 50 and make your own decision.

Z

The Order of the Silver Hand is recruiting! Dayblind - Guardian - www.TheOrderoftheSilverHand.com

Soulwalker

Sadly hes right znick, and he didnt waste getting to 50 to realize it. I dont blame him I'll be on the way out to as well. Its still a good game if you have an hr to waste and need a fix to kill someone in a warfront but thats about it. Same will be with gw2 im shure. This game has potential and I will come back if something changes but lack infromation from devs on their plans makes me think their happy with a pve game.

Soulwalker

Znick is wearing his red rose glasses. PVP is broke, and will continue to be broke, who knows how long? I quite almost a month ago. I come back from time to time to read the forums and see if anything has been changed but alas nothing, so my poor L50's will have remain in dormant in the canceled game section.

You cant get a picture about the game with only reading the forums, 80% of the posts are 12 y/o qq about buff my class and nerf every1 else, or trolling.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by kodesh View Post
    Don't dare say grinding for gear is end game
    News flash: Grinding for gear is 1-49 too. It's an MMO thing. I'd say go back to Black Ops, but shooters are turning into a grind for gear now, too.

(P.S. It's fun until it's not, don't be a drama queen about it.)
    Last edited by ultrviolet; 06-10-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Znick View Post
    LOL... while 2% ***** and moan here, the other 98% are having a great time in game. In fact, the majority of the people who cry on the forums here login and play 20 WF's a day afterwards.

Z
    Not many people with interest in pvp are having a 'great' time in Rift. Maybe an 'ok' or 'acceptable' time at best for some folks.

Quote Originally Posted by phoenixfire82 View Post
    Not many people with interest in pvp are having a 'great' time in Rift. Maybe an 'ok' or 'acceptable' time at best for some folks.
    I'd say this is fairly accurate.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Znick View Post

Z
    You may be right but I know that most of my server has quit. Active 50s on Guard side is around 15 and at peak play time active defiants range about 25.

WF ques are horrible was in que all day yesterday and got 3 games in.

Shadowlander

Default I have to agree

I havent hit 50 yet ither but have lvled several 40's on differnt servers , From what i can tell at this point atleast one main dev is playing a mage and thats why that cant seem to get a correct nerf on them and most likely it is one that came from that other MMO most of us played , If this game wants to last they need to come up with a real blance not super specs 1 or 2 classes and thye had better do it quickly or change the name to Mage war or who can cry the loudest get buffs anyway I am sure the next 500 replies to this will be about my spelling and gramer ect... and have nothing to do with the issue of the getting a mage that can melt your face in one cast while healing himself and stunning more then a rogue I saw a lvl 42 mage take on 3-4 44+ in the warfronts and win wow that is nut . I keep haveing flashbacks of nomes bouning around the screen doing frost spell and arcane burst .

Asst. Community Manager Walsingham's Avatar

Hi everyone,

We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave the Rift community. Kodesh, we thank you for your feedback and wish you the very best. We're closing this thread now.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@riftgame.com.

Thank you!

Closed Thread