+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: warriors are emo players? a pvp thread

Shadowlander

Default warriors are emo players? a pvp thread

I play a warrior so I tend to notice warriors more than the other classes. its much like your car, you dont really notice the same model till you own one and then you see them everywhere.

Now Ive noticed a horrible trend. Most warriors in pvp are emo driven complainers. Heck I had this one warrior say all was lost in codex and we hadnt even crossed the halfway point yet. The defiant were 20 points ahead. Then after calling him a fatalist he proceeded to bash everyone callen them noobs and what not. Needless to say we all had him on ignore by the end of the match. This is not the first isntance of warrior emopocolypse ether. Its seems that in every match there is at least ONE emo warrior player who cant stand that someone else is playing the game and its not his way.

See heres the deal im getting at.
    Most warriors (not all) = sissy with a big weapon and when they die its never there fault, likes to bash people.
    most mages = quiet and reserved, will follow another player and nuke the enemy. talk little
    most clerics = friendly helpful individuals, willen to give the benifit of the doubt
    Most rogues = comic relief

note: this is just my personal experience in pvp. I suck at pvp i will admit it. But at least i try and i dont go running around saying were going to loose in the 1st quarter of the game.

Default Look out..

It's a dangerous game trying to lump the masses into neat little categories.

Best of luck to you, sir and/or madam.

On topic, i've noticed the same behavior from all classes and tend to ignore it, or start to boost morale or at least attempt to foster some organization in a clearly clusterfoodge of players. It is what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Albert Einstein
    Few people are capable of expressing with equanimity opinions which differ from the prejudices of their social environment. Most people are incapable of forming such opinions.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiddu Krishnamurti
    It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Forum threads:

Most threads: waste of my time
    Most of my time: spent at a job I am trying to get out of

Win win!
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaosoul View Post
    Best of luck to you, sir and/or madam.
    AND/or?

Ooooh, it's one of those kinds.

I am a little confused, so I just wanted to stop by and ask a quick question about this thread:

You say Warriors are emo? Like the large birds? Well, I guess you must mean the large birds - I don't get that connection between the two, though.

Lol

/10 char
    Last edited by bheta; 06-10-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Telaran

Default Mmm i'm not surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Gawdzilla View Post
    I am a little confused, so I just wanted to stop by and ask a quick question about this thread:

You say Warriors are emo? Like the large birds? Well, I guess you must mean the large birds - I don't get that connection between the two, though.
    That's because you're a blond!

Quote Originally Posted by Mendomain View Post
    I play a warrior so I tend to notice warriors more than the other classes. its much like your car, you dont really notice the same model till you own one and then you see them everywhere.

Now Ive noticed a horrible trend. Most warriors in pvp are emo driven complainers. Heck I had this one warrior say all was lost in codex and we hadnt even crossed the halfway point yet. The defiant were 20 points ahead. Then after calling him a fatalist he proceeded to bash everyone callen them noobs and what not. Needless to say we all had him on ignore by the end of the match. This is not the first isntance of warrior emopocolypse ether. Its seems that in every match there is at least ONE emo warrior player who cant stand that someone else is playing the game and its not his way.

Most warriors (not all) = sissy with a big weapon and when they die its never there fault, likes to bash people.
    most mages = quiet and reserved, will follow another player and nuke the enemy. talk little
    most clerics = friendly helpful individuals, willen to give the benifit of the doubt

note: this is just my personal experience in pvp. I suck at pvp i will admit it. But at least i try and i dont go running around saying were going to loose in the 1st quarter of the game.
    hmm might be because warriors are the most gimped class in pvp, best tank in game though but if you plan on pvping go mage or cleric.

Soulwalker

lol this thread is so true

I think wars get built up rage from being kited all the time

Quote Originally Posted by RyanKesler View Post
    lol this thread is so true

I think wars get built up rage from being kited all the time
    I'm not sure what warriors your fighting, but i'm the one doing the kiting.

Lightbulb

Well it just shows how some people act in real life. Easily demotivated & frustrated and then they start to cry over absolutely everything. That's why in game they act the same and you can't really blame them for being mentally unbalanced. So just add the poor guy to your ignore list unless you're a psychiatrist.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonekrusher View Post
    That's because you're a blond!
    Hahahaha
    Last edited by PORTERR; 06-10-2011 at 06:12 PM.

I think a more accurate "generalization" is that the majority of PvPers are emo types, period.

Most engage in PvP for the ePeen factor of "beating" a "human" adversary.

You can see the proof of this by reading the PvP forums of any MMO.

There's a small % of PvP players who are really good, take the time to learn the class strengths and weaknesses, etc.

That small group tends to win the vast majority of PvP engagements. For rest of the players, losing can never be a result of their skill - it's always a "balance" issue or result of cheating.

Most warriors (not all) = sissy with a big weapon and when they die its never there fault, likes to bash people. (Not noticed what they say but have notice all PvP warriors are Tanks or Running around with there BIG 2h swords spamming what must be only one button)
    most mages = quiet and reserved, will follow another player and nuke the enemy. talk little (Pyros need I say more all them dam pyros)
    most clerics = friendly helpful individuals, willen to give the benifit of the doubt (Godlike )
    Most rogues = comic relief (Yeh thats me )

/10letters

CPU: AMD PhenomX4 B45 GPU: GTX260 HDD: ATA 640GB RAM: DDR3 4GB Os: Win7 64bit Display: 1920x1080

I am a mage that likes to talk lots.
    But i get the job done most of the time.
    Also you should never blame each other in a wf it will only make the team worse.

Imo i would say Rogues whinge more then any other class. They also are foul mouthed and often start swearing at you if you don't do what they say. They are often not team players and if you start to lose with stealth and not even play the game.
    Last edited by Bunzy; 06-11-2011 at 03:57 AM. Reason: forgot to add something

Quote Originally Posted by Bunzy View Post
    Imo i would say Rogues whinge more then any other class. They also are foul mouthed and often start swearing at you if you don't do what they say. They are often not team players and if you start to lose with stealth and not even play the game.
    Yeah, if we're going with generalizations and stereotypes... would have to say that Rogues whine the most.

I rarely see Warriors complain about anything - not even heals (which is a trip when you see Rogues, Mages, and even Clerics complaining about a lack of heals).

Rogues are always complaining about something - whether it is heals, the "team" not supporting what the Rogue is doing, the dmg/KBs the rest of the team has while the Rogue has been farming some bot, etc, etc, etc.

Then again, depending on how you look at it - it is what the OP may have meant by comic relief.
    Kincayd (1)* - Omeki (1) - Comma (2) - Bugeisha (2) - Malphesiel (3)
    (1) Carrion -> (2) Threesprings -> (3) Deepwood
    *formerly Plague@Carrion
    DEFIANT

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast