+ Reply to Thread

Thread: PVP is a joke

Soulwalker

Default PVP is a joke

Sadly, i feel that as long as Trion gets their $15.00 a month outta me then they are content to do absolutely nothing about the blatant cheats and bots in PVP. I have sent many reports on players who use bots to cheat the afk timer while they sit and leach favor/prestige, and a few hacks like floating high above the ground and being invulnerable to any attack, and i haven't received a single reply....

it is bad enough i have to pug it with p1's against a premade p6 group, but come on when are you going to do something about the blatant cheats and hacks??

oh don't forget to get my $15.00 this month :/

Default They do, slowly

I have already seen a few Guardian hackers, and several dozen Defiant bots banned on my battlegroup, but with some of the larger data stream hacks, they seem to prefer to analyze and fix before the ban. Expect the bans to hit with a patch or hotix...
    'You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you have been found wanting.'
    Why does every person that thinks they can theorycraft Cleric never understand simple math?
    If you don't know who I am, you probably don't care, so I won't bother you with a character profile.

I can also confirm that they eventually deal with bots at the administrative level. For the time being you can report them afk.

The dmg immunities you are seeing are skills from rogues and clerics in particular and not necessarily "hacks". Also sometimes your target will be hijacked by another player that's behind you so that when you try to attack what you thought was your target nothing happens because you are not facing your new target.

Every once in a while you load into a WF but the environment is not loaded. So for example in a port of scion you will be only be able to see the floor, no buildings, you can even walk through buildings. This isn't a hack but a rare bug and for me it was fixed since 1.2 though I have heard that others are still experiencing it. The floating might be caused by this or similar bugs.

Soulwalker

What is ther a problem with running into defiants that do 1k dmage at lvl 28 or is it the permastun fights? I know it must be the dont die defiant mages, always makes for enjoyable time.

Quote Originally Posted by FormerSB View Post
    What is ther a problem with running into defiants that do 1k dmage at lvl 28 or is it the permastun fights? I know it must be the dont die defiant mages, always makes for enjoyable time.
    This didn't translate well, you'll have to refine it.
    Last edited by Stratacaster; 06-10-2011 at 10:52 AM.

ouch, you pay $15/mth?
    Quote Originally Posted by Effi View Post
    I have seen the desecrations they have done, the murders they have wrought, and it can be no sin to be the hand of justice.

Soulwalker

I can also confirm that they eventually deal with bots at the administrative level. For the time being you can report them afk.

The dmg immunities you are seeing are skills from rogues and clerics in particular and not necessarily "hacks". Also sometimes your target will be hijacked by another player that's behind you so that when you try to attack what you thought was your target nothing happens because you are not facing your new target.

Every once in a while you load into a WF but the environment is not loaded. So for example in a port of scion you will be only be able to see the floor, no buildings, you can even walk through buildings. This isn't a hack but a rare bug and for me it was fixed since 1.2 though I have heard that others are still experiencing it. The floating might be caused by this or similar bugs.
    no i am talking more along the lines of a player coming at me and floating high above the ground (just him and me) and 100% invulnerable to any attack...I have seen the one you are refering to as well.

I have 1.3 mil favor and have never seen anyone hacking in a warfront. I may have seen a few bots but nothing to worry about, maybe 1 or 2. Just report afks or peple you think are botting and hacking.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Stratacaster View Post

Yeah, I have experienced it since 1.2 patch on Whitefall map. I could see through the ground and obstacles which sucked because it also made playing a tad bit more difficult and targetting sucked.

The only stupid advantage I had was being in base near flag and seeing them running to us from the left hand side towards the back. Guardian side that is.

Restarting Rift whilst in warfront didn't fix it so I played it out then I had to do a recover and reboot to fix it which annoyed me.

+ Reply to Thread